Mother of all polls ;)

Shaman

Mother of all polls ;)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Mother of all polls ;)

• 1996 * Su-27 Flanker 1.0
    • 1997 * Su-27 Flanker 1.5 (expansion pack)
    • 1999 * Flanker 2.0
    • 2001 * Flanker 2.5 (expansion pack)
    • 2003 * Lock On: Modern Air Combat
    • 2005 * Lock On: Flaming Cliffs (expansion pack)
    • 2008 * DCS: Black Shark

My very first flight sim was the first Personal Computer flight sim ever written. Sublogic FS1 for the TRS-80 back in 1980. Ok, really the version released for the Apple II was the first. The TRS-80 version was released a few months after that. Still that's almost 30 years of flight siming and I've bought most of the flight sims produced for the PC ever since.

The first ED sim I bought was either Flanker 1.5 or 2.0 (Can't really remember). I also bought LOMAC and that's the one (of the ED sims) I've played the most. My favorite all time Sims were Falcon 3.0, Falcon 4.0 (and F4AF).

-- CoolHand

Jim Mackanochie?!! ... yes, Flanker 1 was the first sim that truly fueled my combat flight simming addiction :).

Hanging out on MRC, in awe of the top 10 on the original Flanker Ladder, Shepski, Papadoc et al ... it makes me feel old.

Cheers,

Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Well it really began with commodore 64 Fly Solo...

Then Comodore 64 F15

Then Comodore 64 F14

Then PC f14 Fleet defender....

I did not give much attention to Flanker 1.5, but i didcome back With LOCK on 1

Oldest box i have ??? DID ef2000V2.0 or maybe F14 Fleet defender from Microprose, i just moved on, have to check.

"Jet 1.0" For IBM PC Compatable, from around 1988. My uncle got a computer, and it was old shcool, yellow and black moniter.... and 5 1/2 inch Floppy disc drives. This puppy even had a Turbo button.

A missile consisted of a line, with an X at the end of it... lol

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

Best I can do is .......hmmmmm

SANY0116.jpg

I junked my original stuff years ago, things like Tornado, EF2000 etc......lol

I have 8 of these...lol... nice pic

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

I have 8 of these...lol... nice pic

was tornado any good? I had it but my sister refused to install it on her computer:evil: (she promised to my mom that she was going to share her pc with me ) luckily she went to the US :yay:and I was able to take command of the pc, but unfortunately she gave back the sim to her "slave" (a poor guy who was in love with her) anyway... I couldn't install it back then and the only sim available was a demo of flanker 1.0.:cry: which was good until you run out of fuel.

my sim history is this:

Airwolf for the nintendo

1946 for the nintendo

flanker 1.0 demo

flanker 1.5

saw one kid playing f-18 on the school directors office (it look a lot like flanker 1.0 so I though that it was good)

fs 2008

combat flight simulator

f-22(not very good)

fs2002

xplane demo

mig-29 (not very good)

janes f-15 (very cool for the features, not so sure about the flight model)

flanker 2.5

lock-on

fs-2004

flaming cliffs

fsx

il-2 pacific fighters

il-2 1946

il2

Oh so it's sim history now is it?

OK ...

First 'sim' I flew was Sub Logic(?) early precursor of MS Flight sim for the Commodore 64,

followed by a very early Falcon (I had a Hercules graphics card on an 8088), which I thought was really great.

Chuck Yeager, F117, Falcon 3, Microprose F14, Tornado + addons, Flanker 1,1.5, F4, EECH, Flanker2, Janes F15 & 18, Fly, Flightgear, MS flightsim series, X-Plane ... they're the ones can I remember.

Before that I vaguely remember one in the dark dim past (Something with Eagles in the name) that had a bunch of planes and allowed you to start in the hangar ... which was really cool hehe.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

was tornado any good? I had it but my sister refused to install it on her computer:evil: (she promised to my mom that she was going to share her pc with me ) luckily she went to the US :yay:and I was able to take command of the pc, but unfortunately she gave back the sim to her "slave" (a poor guy who was in love with her) anyway... I couldn't install it back then and the only sim available was a demo of flanker 1.0.:cry: which was good until you run out of fuel.

Was actually very good for the time.........

I have owned every flight sim worth owning ( and many which were not lol ) since flight sims came out with the exception of the TRS80, as my first computer was a Dragon 32, Followed by a bunch of Spectrums, then Atari St's, then Amigas then into PC land back in the 386 days :D, I skipped the 286's because they were frankly junk compared to what I had on my Amiga at the time :D