Afterburner Flame not visible in External (F2) View, when game was paused in Cockpit (F1) View

Matze81

Bug: F-14A/B; Afterburner Flame not visible in External (F2) View, when game was paused in Cockpit (F1) View

Can I reproduce it 100%: yes

How to reproduce/ description:

Step1: Engage Afterburner while in Cockpit (F1) View (for most obvious result engage full AB/Zone 5)

Step2: Pause the game

Step 3: Press F2 and rotate view to see the rear/nozzle area of the jet

Result: Nozzles are open as expected, but there is no visible Afterburner flame

Additional Note: Afterburner flame becomes visible within ~1 second, if you un-pause the game while still in F2-View.

DCS Version: Stable 2.5.6.61527.3

Mods: None

This bug is obviously not a big issue. It’s a mild annoyance, if you’re like me and tend to pause the game sometimes, when an “interesting” situation occurs, which you’d like to screenshot in External View. As I said above, the AB flame appears within roughly one second, if you un-pause the game, while still in External View, but often enough, the “screenshot-moment” is gone within that time.

But again: Mild annoyance, not a biggie.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, IronMike said:

Thank you Matze, I tracked it and we will look into it. Is the case with other modules as well, or only with the Tomcat?

Thank you for looking into it! I noticed it only with the Tomcat. The issue is not present in the Hornet or the F-16 for example. I’m quite certain Flaming Cliffs aircraft are also not affected.