Screenshot captures all monitors that arent being used.

SO i currently use the MFD export scripts for all aircraft. Attached is the config lua. 

The screenshot button captures ALL screens, even the MFD's. This is a bit bothersome that I need to crop every photo now. 

How can I make it so DCS only snaps the main screen? 

This is also a concern because even though I am not displaying anything on monitor #2, the screen still goes black and I cannot use it for anything else. as soon as I click back into DCS, whatever was on #2 goes into the background. Normally I like to have discord and chat on the other screen to be seen while flying.

So I guess theres 2 different issues in this post hopefully I can figure out.

Thanks in advance. (Images resized to fit file limit)

e6b82a0786e6212f7eb135336d7c7f02.png

ac8a16d55a1e4ae60db339f8c04aaad3.jpg

8712c6a88613099b5a8d18eab9685398.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coyote_One said:

How can I make it so DCS only snaps the main screen? 

I don't believe this is possible. Your resolution is larger than you main monitor. Try to make a screenshot of your desktop and paste it into "Paint" or something and you will get the same result. Maybe there is some "third party program" that can capture specific areas of extended desktop.

3 hours ago, Coyote_One said:

I am not displaying anything on monitor #2, the screen still goes black and I cannot use it for anything else

DCS sees the upper left corner of your #2 monitor as a starting point for x, y. The simple solution would be to manually enter the combined resolution of #1 and #3 monitor into DCS options and move monitor #2 to right side and re-adjust coordinates in lua.

monitor.png

4 hours ago, dukovac said:

I don't believe this is possible. Your resolution is larger than you main monitor. Try to make a screenshot of your desktop and paste it into "Paint" or something and you will get the same result. Maybe there is some "third party program" that can capture specific areas of extended desktop.

DCS sees the upper left corner of your #2 monitor as a starting point for x, y. The simple solution would be to manually enter the combined resolution of #1 and #3 monitor into DCS options and move monitor #2 to right side and re-adjust coordinates in lua.

monitor.png

I appreciate the reply. I looked into it at yeah you're right. I have to now arrange monitor 2 on the right side. And I did exactly what you said and input the resolution of 2 and 3. I can now freely use monitor 2 for discord except now I have to think opposite in my head (drag the nose to the right side too access the left monitor). But I guess that's a small price to pay.

As for the screenshots I use Reshade and I'm going to research if there's a way to change it in there. If not then I'll just have to start cropping all the shots.

Shame that the main screen has to be the top left most screen. Even if I tell it to skip that monitor by 1 pixel it's still unused black space. Maybe they'll come up with something in the future.

I appreciate your reply!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Alt and then printscreen, iirc copies only the active window and then you can paste it into any photo editor, even paint, or an email client so your IT department can see the error message you're getting.  Or even the forums here.

That's how manuals and stuff have pictures of just message windows.

Edited by SickSidewinder9