F5 Tiger E II or F5 Tiger E III or

borja.abadc
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Good morning,

Probably it is a stupid question but I have a doubt that I can´t solve myself. I understand that the F5 tiger E is in reality the III version as per the real manual (T.O. 1F-5E-1-1984_OCR) due to all the panels instrumentation match with the 3th version of this aircraft, in addition in DCS manual in the page number 2 the name is about version 3 as you can see below. Then, why the module is called the F5 Tiger E II instead F5 Tiger E III?

Thanks in advance.

imagen.png

• Solution
16 minutes ago, borja.abadc said:

. I understand that the F5 tiger E is in reality the III version as per the real manual (T.O. 1F-5E-1-1984_OCR) due to all the panels instrumentation match with the 3th version of this aircraft, in addition in DCS manual in the page number 2 the name is about version 3 as you can see below. Then, why the module is called the F5 Tiger E II instead F5 Tiger E III?

The aircraft is actually the F-5E Tiger II ... this aircraft has several variants:

E

E-1

E-2

E-3

All of them are Tiger II

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It might be called Tiger II because there had already been an aircraft named Tiger (the F-11) when the F-5E came out.  The US military has reused other names in this manner, such as the A-7 Corsair II, F-4 Phantom II, A-10 Thunderbolt II, F-35 Lightning II, C-17 Globemaster III, etc.

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."