Texture issues - missing textures?

Jonay

Hi,

I've noticed an issue with my textures, and I don't know if this is new or I just haven't noticed before now.

Some skins (default, i don't have any 3rd party skins for this jet) are fine no issues, some have a "missing texture overlay" everywhere on the jet, some have a partial missing texture and the same for the pilots too, their textures are either fine or missing and both the aircraft and pilot textures don't always occur on the same skin, some examples below:

This one as you can see is fine

unknown.png

This one has no aircraft texture at all, but the pilots are ok:

unknown.png

This one has a partial missing aircraft texture and the pilots are missing their textures completely apart from helmet and patch:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Note that the wings are ok - just seems to affect the fuselage.

Internally the cockpit is fine unless I turn on the pilot figure

unknown.png

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the module alongside everything else using the module manager, and I have ran the ED DCS repair tool.

This is the only aircraft that is affected by this, I am running the OpenBeta version of DCS standalone.

Has anyone else seen this before?

1 hour ago, Jonay said:

.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the module alongside everything else using the module manager, and I have ran the ED DCS repair tool.

This is the only aircraft that is affected by this, I am running the OpenBeta version of DCS standalone.

Has anyone else seen this before?

No, mine works fine (Openbeta, standalone):

CpBP7Vg.jpg

ZZ7h3R4.jpg

yXJCySS.jpg

lEluzN6.jpg

Don't know where the problem lies, but it is not a module bug.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've seen this with user skins, when they are obsolete ... but it can't be on this case, as you state that you don't have any user skin installed.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I've seen this with user skins, when they are obsolete ... but it can't be on this case, as you state that you don't have any user skin installed.

And I've fresh installed the module again. When I look in the texture folders, some are displaying with the Photoshop icon, some are showing as a preview - but there's no continuity with those that are showing the glitches and aren't. All files are .dds however. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2021 at 3:12 AM, kontiuka said:

What if you renamed your texture folder to textureBackUp or something and tried a repair?  Worth a shot.

Not sure why I never noticed this reply - apologies for ignoring you.

I'm still having this issue now - I'll give the renaming the folder's tip above a try and see what happens. 

Nope still have the same issues - I tried the backup folder technique and they all went the crazy green square camo as the files were completely missing - then I "deleted" the module using the manager and reinstalled - still the crazy camo - then took the textures out of the backup folder and I still have the same situation as in post#1 where some are ok, some have the "MISSING TEXTURE" underlayer - and a select few are completely missing.

Is it possible that someone is able to upload all the original textures and share them with me to overwrite what I have here or is that against EUA?

3 hours ago, Jonay said:

Is it possible that someone is able to upload all the original textures and share them with me to overwrite what I have here or is that against EUA?

No need .. when you perform a "dcs_updater repair" it essentially restores all the files at /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS/ to their original state.

I believe that you may have obsolete duplicates of the official liveries on your /Saved Games/ path .. this could happen because some of the C-101 liveries were initially user liveries, before Aviodev adopted them for the official module. Can you show what files do you have at /Saved Games/DCS/Liveries/C-101CC and C-101EB ?  .. like this:

sqflHPO.jpg

I'll report back in approx 18hours once I finish my nightshift and get some sleep. thanks - this is new info to work on - hopefully the key! 

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

No need .. when you perform a "dcs_updater repair" it essentially restores all the files at /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS/ to their original state.

I've ran the repair in the past but still no joy - so will get back with the Saved Game files

20 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I believe that you may have obsolete duplicates of the official liveries on your /Saved Games/ path .. this could happen because some of the C-101 liveries were initially user liveries, before Aviodev adopted them for the official module. Can you show what files do you have at /Saved Games/DCS/Liveries/C-101CC and C-101EB ?  .. like this:

image.png

image.png

it's only the "description.lua" files within them however

Edited by Jonay

26 minutes ago, Jonay said:

... it's only the "description.lua" files within them however

Those are copies of the official liveries, somehow you copied them over from the /program files/Eagle dynamics/DCS/ folder 

To fix this, delete all the contents of /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/liveries/C-101CC and C-101EB .. leave those two folder empty, to be used in the future with user liveries that will complement the official ones, for example this one:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316223/

Best regards,

Eduardo

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Those are copies of the official liveries, somehow you copied them over from the /program files/Eagle dynamics/DCS/ folder 

To fix this, delete all the contents of /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/liveries/C-101CC and C-101EB .. leave those two folder empty, to be used in the future with user liveries that will complement the official ones, for example this one:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316223/

Best regards,

Eduardo

Will let you know how I get on - again back in the office but it sounds like we are getting somewhere 🥳

ok well that got rid of the partial issue of the "MISSING TEXTURE" and blocky effect on the USAF skin... but along with the Aviodev skin the rest have disappeared 🤦‍♂️

Untitled.png

Wait a second. I have the "make all liveries in multiplayer for every nation" mod - that could be why all this was happening and the textures were getting muddled up....

Edited by Jonay

14 minutes ago, Jonay said:

Wait a second. I have the "make all liveries in multiplayer for every nation" mod - that could be why all this was happening and the textures were getting muddled up....

Oh, yes, it could be .. I hate that Mod so I’ve never used it, as it is useful mostly for Multiplayer, where the mission being flown is not yours and you end up in whatever aircraft the mission designer chose for you. 

I fly my own missions and thus I like the filtering effect that on the mission editor you are only shown skins that belong to your aircraft country, hiding those that don't belong.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok this topic can be closed.

Cause was the duplication of the textures and description.lua in the Saved Games/Liveries directory

Solution (for me) was to delete all C101 folders within the Saved Games/Liveries directory and the textures returned to normal.

For me to still have any scheme available regardless of the nationality of the aircraft was to edit the description.lua in the Eagle Dynamics/DCS open beta/CoreMods/C101/Liveries folder. I'm not 100% sure if this will break integrity check but the MP servers I fly on primarily don't require it so not an issue for me. 

Thanks to Rudel_chw and kontiuka for their assistance on this issue. 

Can finally see all schemes in full glory - and she looks great 👌

unknown.png?width=1083&height=609

• Like 1