Respawn individual aircraft on engine shutdown event

GDICommand

So I recently had a question about trying to refuel and refit a group on shutdown, and then having them idle on the ramp (engines off) until I pushed the engine start command again. After 7 days of no answer, I feel like it's time to try something new. Before I ask my next question, here's my last question for the previous way I wanted to try:

So with that out of the way, what I want to try now is respawn individual aircraft (simulating a refuel/refit) when I get the engine shut down event.

do
    local function engineStartup(event)
      if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_ENGINE_SHUTDOWN then
        trigger.action.outText('Received shutdown event for ' .. event.initiator:getName(), 10)
        mist.respawnGroup('group name', 1)
      end
    end
    mist.addEventHandler(engineStartup)
end

I can use MIST to do the group (and it seems MOOSE is the same), but that respawns the entire group. My intent is, that if an aircraft in that group is lost or destroyed, then it stays destroyed even after the refit/refuel (or more accurately, respawn). In the event above, I know exactly what unit was just shut down, so it drives me crazy that I can't seem to find a script that does respawn just that one unit.

Is there a way to just respawn one single unit in a group and not the entire group?

Edited by GDICommand

• 3 months later...