I can't see FPS in game

MNissen
Go to solution Solved by draconus,

I'm new to DCS World, and Windows 8.1, having read other posts in this forum, I'm at a loss.

I cannot for the life of me, get the FPS to display whilst flying, in cockpit or external view, or at all.

I've tried to use LCtrl + pause and RCtrl + pause, I've remapped the command, in options  to LCtrl + Z.

Can't see it.

The only things I can see as an overlay, on the screen, are the pinkish, "Game Radar" circle in upper right and there is a display bar at the bottom of the screen showing various things like heading, flaps angle and date and time, but no FPS.

DCS 2.5.6 Open Beta, Windows 8.1.   

Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be enabled. to show any overlays on the screen? 

one.jpg

two.jpg

Edited by MNissen

Mac Pro 5,1 (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB RAM - Radeon RX 590

Mac OS X 10.15 - Bootcamp - Windows 10 - 2 x SSD 1TB - T16000M HOTAS - DCS World & Open Beta - Operator still a newbie

• Solution

Game radar indicates you have a game mode or game avionics turned on.

Lctrl+Z is default for time accel - it might be a keybind conflict.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Thank you very much.

Yes that was it, I turned off Game mode and Game Avionics and it works well.

RCtrl pause is working, though I have a keyboard that needs a function modifier key pressed, when pause is accessed so it's actually RCtrl and Func + pause for me.

I used to play F/A-18 Hornet back in the days when it came on a floppy disk, 3.5"  🙂

So I find myself with time on my hands and I've watched DCS World, from afar over the years.

I can't afford a big rig PC, but I did happen to have a powerful Mac, from when I was in prepress, so I put Windows 8.1 inside bootcamp on the Mac and DCS World is looking like it'll run very well. Not at the highest of high settings, but I'm at about mid level,  at the moment and happy with what I'm seeing.

Edited by MNissen
  • Like 1

Mac Pro 5,1 (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB RAM - Radeon RX 590

Mac OS X 10.15 - Bootcamp - Windows 10 - 2 x SSD 1TB - T16000M HOTAS - DCS World & Open Beta - Operator still a newbie

1 hour ago, MNissen said:

I can't afford a big rig PC, but I did happen to have a powerful Mac, from when I was in prepress, so I put Windows 8.1 inside bootcamp on the Mac and DCS World is looking like it'll run very well. Not at the highest of high settings, but I'm at about mid level,  at the moment and happy with what I'm seeing.

Have fun till you can. DCS 2.7 is supposed to go live in a week, and it's not Win 8.1 compatible, only Win 10.

3 minutes ago, Foka said:

Have fun till you can. DCS 2.7 is supposed to go live in a week, and it's not Win 8.1 compatible, only Win 10.

I only heard about end of support for Windows 7.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

10 hours ago, Foka said:

Ahh well. I guess I'll be learning all about upgrading to Win 10, shouldn't be too hard,  I've had Win 10 in the past in bootcamp...

Or I'll be finding how well 2.7 works on Win 8.1    🙂

2 hours ago, MNissen said:

Or I'll be finding how well 2.7 works on Win 8.1    🙂

It should work .. DCS not supporting the older Windows does not mean that the Sim won't run, only means that ED will not be able to provide support if you need it.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...