AAP STEER SWITCH doesn’t work

I have a switch which I use for the AAP Steer Up and Down.  It works fine in A-10C.  However, in A-10C -II, although I can program it, the switch in the cockpit does not move and the Steer Point is not altered.  The Steer Point responds correctly to input from the HOTAS and the UFC on the screen and via Helios.

I have got around the problem by assigning the UFC Up and Down switch to my hard-wired AAP switch.  However, the switch displayed in the cockpit does not move.

I suspect this is a bug.

I have tried this in the A-10C II by binding an UP/DOWN (ON1-OFF-ON2) toggle switch to AAP STEER Switch UP and .../DOWN. For me, this binding works insofar as it does cycle through the steerpoints as I can see on the HUD. However, the animation of the switch in the Sim Cockpit doesn't work.

Next I tried the same in the A-10C I, and surprise! It doesn't work at all. So what I observe is almost the opposite of what you report. Really confusing!

Edit:
I found that the "default.lua" of the A-10C I had 2 obsolete lines for these commands (because I use modified files and I had not updated the modified file of the A-10C I to latest release status). After I updated the the two lines of the A-10C I now both behave the same way: steerpoints are changed but the switch in the cockpit is not animated.

So I suspect that you might have the reverse situation. The "default.lua" should have these lines of code for the two commands (in both versions of the Hog):

{down = 3002, up = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 22, value_down = 1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('AAP STEER Switch Up'), category = _('AAP')},
{down = 3003, up = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 22, value_down = -1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('AAP STEER Switch Down'), category = _('AAP')},

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have to correct my statement. I thought this binding was for the UFC STEER UP and ...DOWN switch at the left of the UFC.

In fact, it's for the switch in the AAP panel, and the animation there works. So, with these two lines of code in "default.lua" the command should work.

{down = 3002, up = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 22, value_down = 1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('AAP STEER Switch Up'), category = _('AAP')},
{down = 3003, up = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 22, value_down = -1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('AAP STEER Switch Down'), category = _('AAP')},

I also tried the UFC STEER UP and ...DOWN switch. That works fine as well, including animation.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Le Cuvier, thanks a million - that was it!  I had transferred changes I had made to the 'default.lua' in my A-10C to the A-10C".  Usually I annotate all such changes that I have made so that I can find them later - for some reason I had not done so with this one and so did not think to check it.

Thanks again.