Hud zoom keys? Thrustmaster Warthog....

mcnab1

I tried linking those to my joystick  but whole cockpit view zooms in/out.  Im trying to zoom the HUD screen when I have FLIR selected instead of having to use the up down arrow keys on the r ddi.  Any ideas? 

VR ? As Jef said, Zoom in "Slow"  Zoom out "Slow" If your VR your limited to 2 zooms in the UI Layer under controls scroll to bottom. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

34 minutes ago, mcnab1 said:

I tried linking those to my joystick  but whole cockpit view zooms in/out.  Im trying to zoom the HUD screen when I have FLIR selected instead of having to use the up down arrow keys on the r ddi.  Any ideas? 

It's not really clear what you are looking for.  From the highlighted part are you looking to zoom the FLIR in and out on the RDDI?  The RADAR ELEVATION binds will control FLIR zoom with FLIR page in TDC priority.  Otherwise, you can only zoom the whole cockpit as described above, or move your seat forward/backward to get closer/farther away from the actual HUD.

4 hours ago, mcnab1 said:

The FLIR isn't displayed on the HUD.  It is displayed on a DDI (MFD).  I believe this is where you are getting mixed answers from some.

When FLIR has TDC priority, the radar antenna elevation is used to zoom in and zoom out.  Whatever key bind that you have set for radar antenna elevation control, is what will change the zoom on the FLIR display.  Also, RAID/FLIRFOV will change the FLIR from narrow to wide field of view, when TDC priority is assigned to FLIR.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

17 hours ago, Ziptie said:

When FLIR has TDC priority, the radar antenna elevation is used to zoom in and zoom out.  Whatever key bind that you have set for radar antenna elevation control, is what will change the zoom on the FLIR display.  Also, RAID/FLIRFOV will change the FLIR from narrow to wide field of view, when TDC priority is assigned to FLIR.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Thank you Ziptie, this is great info. Will be so much easier than using the mouse to operate the buttons next to the DDI.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, mcnab1 said:

Where are the keys in the keyboard setting to zoom hud in/out? I cant find them.  Looking to add function to joystick/throttle. 

I recommend that you put the "Zoom View" on the TM Throttle slider, if you mean "zoom view" instead of "zoom hud". You can find this binding in the "Axis Commands" section of each module.

But if you mean the zoom function for the FLIR, use the keys bound to the Radar Antenna Elevaton as @Ziptie already said:

21 hours ago, Ziptie said:

Edited by AstonMartinDBS
  • Like 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

20 minutes ago, Foka said:

Also RAID/FLIRFOV long changes between CCD and IR.

I did not know that, thanks for the tip! I am generally less familiar with the Hornet than the Viper, and I find it kind of awkward to use the Hornet OSBs for things the Viper HOTAS can do. I guess there are some hidden conveniences. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

8 hours ago, Machalot said:

I did not know that, thanks for the tip! I am generally less familiar with the Hornet than the Viper, and I find it kind of awkward to use the Hornet OSBs for things the Viper HOTAS can do. I guess there are some hidden conveniences. 

13 hours ago, CBStu said:

Thank you Ziptie, this is great info. Will be so much easier than using the mouse to operate the buttons next to the DDI.

Maybe this could be of use to one or both of you.

Not my image, all credit goes to the creator.

Cheers,

Ziptie

FA18C_HOTAS.png

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Ziptie, thank you once again. In one particular mission I have been flying a lot recently the switching between SA and HSI page is going to be really helpful. I usually have SA on the AMPCD but HSI comes in handy for certain tasks so I usually replace the radar or stores screen w/ HSI for a short time. This will be a lot easier.  Dang, there are so many nuances to this plane and this chart shows a lot of them.             

• Like 1