Pilot external Walk around feature - Enter/exit all aircraft

Matt_j25

Hi all,

Just another item to add to the wish list following today's newsletter update regarding the integration of the 3D briefing room for Supercarrier - 

The ability to be able to walk around as your pilot to your aircraft on the deck/tarmac and enter/exit your aircraft.

This would add a whole more realism to see others especially in multiplayer walking around in and out of their jets.

This would look very good in VR in particular.

We already have this function (sort of) when once ejected from your aircraft you can walk around. I think this would be a good full integration feature to the sim to up the realism even further.

Thanks

• Like 7

Matt Jensen

i7 8700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, Saitek X-55 Rhino, Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 Pro Clip

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Oh yes, that would be so great! In VR you can get a glimpse of it already as you can just walk through the plane to the outside by moving with your headset in the real world (cockpit has no clipping boundaries). Standing so close to your plane is sooo immersive and makes it feel real.

Even from the simulation point of view it makes sense as every pilot walks around the plane for visual inspection before flight. 

I would love the option to walk around in the virtual world with controller movement/teleportation as usual in VR games today and classic WASD controls for non-VR.

Edited by Hive
  • Like 2

+1 would be fantastic, and I think it's even planned for the SC module.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Be fantastic to walk down the flight line doing a solo airshow admiring every module you ever bought, with a ladder climb mode turning on it's cockpit model when you rise to see it.  Think of movies some of the talented guys around here could produce with that feature.

• Like 3