any specific thing to do to get the BUTTONS backlight to sync with DCS ?

FZG_Immel

I would like the A/A, A/G. and station buttons to sync with DCS, but it doesnt work.

Any specific things to do ?`In the back light settings of my panels, i select the option SYNC WITH DCS in SimAppPro, let it running, and launched the game..

but nothing happened. 

Any specific line to add to the Export.lua file, and which Export.lua to modify ?

thanks a lot !

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• FZG_Immel changed the title to any specific thing to do to get the BUTTONS backlight to sync with DCS ?

I use the setting BIND TO AXIS so that the dial on the take off panel controls the lights for the panel and the cockpit lights in game. In BACKLIGHT SETTINGS > BIND TO AXIS I have SELECT DEVICE set to control the take off panel in the drop down list and SELECT AXIS is set to DIAL. I also have the combat panel so there SELECT DEVICE is set to the take off panel and SELECT AXIS is set to dial. This tells the combat panel to get it's light level from the take off panel setting and this way they both synchronize with the dial.

No need to edit lua files or anything.

Hope this helps you find what you are looking for and good luck!

happy flying.

Edited by Oozler

nope. thats not it. i want the corresponding light of certain buttons (such as AA, AG), to turn On and OFF in sync with  DCS, and for sure it has something to do with the Export.lua

but thanks !

Edited by FZG_Immel

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I have both the cockpit and take off panels and all the lights go off and on as they should when I am in the game and I have not edited any kind of file other then used the SimAppPro software settings itself. I did download the 100% F18 config file to save programming all the switches etc. I set it up as I mentioned and it is 100% bang on. Maybe there is another way to achieve similar results but that worked for me.

Cheers!

Edited by Oozler

ok. I did my own programming and affecting the switches..   so maybe thats why it doesnt work.

So basically you just selected 'sync with DCS) in the backlight settings and voilà ?

I wonder if there is anything else to do, that is already done in your 100 F18 profile.. Where did you get it btw ?

thanks !

Edited by FZG_Immel

The F18 100% profile is found through the SimAppPro software directly. Go to KEY BINDING and then click on the appropriate panel in the DEVICE top row choices. GAME is DCS and AIRCRAFT select the F18. This should show you the profile you can then download and run. This sorted it all out for me. Hope that takes it to the next level.

ha.. means I have to login....

i didnt want to have to login in there. but ok, ill try.

thanks

I seem to remember reading somewhere that you had to log as well as let simappro run in the background in to get lights to sync.  Might be that all you're missing is logging in (not any of the rest).

• 4 weeks later...

do you know if the ww t/o panel is sync capable with other aircraft?

I mean, when i fly the F5E for eample, do u think its possible to have gear sync like the F18?

to be precise  : when the gear retracting or descending , can the paddle flashing with red led IRL?

• 2 months later...
On 4/3/2021 at 11:14 PM, rob10 said:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that you had to log as well as let simappro run in the background in to get lights to sync.  Might be that all you're missing is logging in (not any of the rest).

Yes, you have to be logged in. Why, I have no idea and I hate the fact that you have to have internet just to run a script to support some lights!

---

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...