JAS 39C Gripen Community Mod v.1.8.5

Download : https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-JAS-39-C

Discord Channel

YouTube Channel

Our team is passionate about aviation and DCS, and we wanted to bring the JAS-39 Gripen to the simulator. We started working on the mod in February 2021, and in a short amount of time, we achieved a basic FC3 module. We have put a lot of effort into the mod and have added several features to enhance the user experience. Our main focus has been on creating an authentic and immersive cockpit that accurately represents the Gripen's instruments and controls. We have also added unique weapons and made modifications to the SFM to make it as realistic as possible, taking feedback from Gripen SMEs into consideration. We are grateful to the Community A-4E-C team, Grinnelli, Freebird, Gonzalodesanta, Megalax, Isak, 313_Paegas, Krieger, and VSN Team for their support and contributions. Without their help, this project would not have been possible. We are excited to share our mod with the DCS community and welcome anyone who shares our passion to join us on Discord to learn more about the project.

Contributing Developers

Breadmaker91, Currenthill, FatSpacePanda, FrM|Shaft, Glaucus, Gripen Viking, Kreazle, MangoTango, Roughmaster, Whisky Actual

Past Developers

Double Tap, Vinedog, Wolfthrower

Liveries

313_Paegas, 59th_Jack, Isak Khysing, Megalax

Admins

Cortexus, Ulv

Testers

CJordense, Cortexus, DJTaz1975, Norman, Simba11

Special Thanks

Bimbac, Fox, Fox2 Productions, Freebird, Gonzalodesanta, Grinnelli, Growling Sidewinder, Krieger, Lanky, Luiz Renault, Neon, PORS, Jerec, Ulvar40, VSN Team (Cdpkobra and Razor+)

What's new in version 1.8

For a complete list of changes - check out the change log file included in the package.

• Added:
  • Clickable cockpit
  • Custom HUD
  • Clickable left display
  • Clickable center display
  • Startup procedure
  • A custom canopy and APU sounds
  • Custom external lights
  • Autothrottle with AoA 12 and AoA 14 landing modes
  • Kneeboard flight checklists
  • Kneeboard weapons deployment overviews
  • Damage model with bullet holes
  • External model cockpit lights for MFDs, flood and HUD
  • Tire overspeed damage
  • Bare metal livery
  • Air launched cruise missile Taurus KEPD 350
  • Anti radiation missile SPEAR-3 with triple launcher
  • Anti radiation decoy SPEAR-EW with triple launcher
  • Terrain following and pop-up for Storm Shadow
  • Dynamic launch zones for multiple weapons
  • Changed:
  • Higher quality cockpit textures
  • More realistic flight control surfaces
  • Higher quality liveries
  • More realistic nose wheel and rudder turning
  • Higher quality pilot head and helmet
  • DWS 39 is now guided
  • RBS-15 AI with added sea skimming and pop-up features
  • Fixed:
  • RBS-15 blowing up after release
  • Guided A/G weapons that wouldn't release from rack

Features

• New high detailed exterior textures
  • Liveries for each nation that operates the JAS-39
  • New template to create your liveries
  • Updated animations
    • Canards (in-flight and aerobraking on landings)
    • Leading edges
    • Flaps
  • Updated exterior model (currently using the VSN model as a base, but with adjusted geometries that align with the real plane)
  • New Gripen cockpit (clickable in the future)
  • AAR refueling
  • Roads bases
  • Multiple practice missions
  • Authentic weapons loadout: 

Loadout.jpg

Known Bugs

Find the full list of bugs and enhancements at https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-JAS-39-C/issues or in our Discord under #bug-reporting

Installation

Drop the content of the zip file under C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\

Installation

1. Download the latest release at https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-JAS-39-C/releases select assets -> Source code (zip)
  2. Open the zip and go inside the first folder that will have the release name
  3. Select the Mods folder and drop it under C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS (username will vary on your machine and DCS could be DCS beta)

Frequently Asked Questions

• Q: Do you need FC3 to use the module?
    • Yes for the AA variant (F15) (not free)
    • No for the AG variant since it uses the SU25T avionics (free)
  • Q: Do we plan to make it a standalone?
    • Yes, but no promises since we are still exploring the limits of development without the SDK.
  • Q: Do we need a test pilot?
    • Not currently, I will post here and in the discord closer to release.
  • Q: Do we plan to have a D model (two-seaters)?
    • Yes, but no plans for the 2nd seat to be active.
  • Q: Do you have a release date yet?
    • 6/6/2021.
  • Q: Will the JAS39 mod pass IC?
    • Yes, but a public server will need to have the same version for it to work properly.

Edited by whisky.actual
Updates for JAS 39C Gripen Community Mod v.1.8.5
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 5

On 4/4/2021 at 7:52 AM, Spino said:

When?

Q: Do you have a release date yet?

• Not yet, soon do.

The team is working hard for V1 release. Currently the AA model is done, we are now working on the AG model. Once the mod is more polished we will add information in the first post. You can follow us on Discord to have the latest information.

Regards,

Whisky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, TheNicePig said:

Will the current planned 1.0 release state has custom sfm and avionics or will they use avionics from FC3 Aircraft?

Good day Sir if your so kind can you please read the first post on this thread specifically Frequently Asked Questions section there you will find the answers you are looking for take care and stay safe.

Edited by MEBF109

9 hours ago, Calinho said:

This is a new era of DCS mods: A-4, MB-339, A-29 and now the gripen.  keep up the good work!

Good day your right and is sad that its most likely due to the Covid 19 Close down people have had so much free time in their hands that their creativity kicks inn just to have something to do is not everybody but is quite a number of people take care and stay safe.

So, this is just using SFM, not EFM, right?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems somehow my post disappeard.

So, i made this model few years qgo but never finished it after the moddig becone much more harder.

Because i like this plane and one of the variant ist currently used in Hungarian Airforce as well, i thought to share this partially UVd modell if its helps to improve the state of the mod.

Is this mod planned to build for the JF11 in the future? I guess this two plane really similar.

If necessary i can help to finish it, but its absolutely depends on you. Contact me if you are interested and discuss the details.

10 hours ago, 59th_Krieger said:

Seems somehow my post disappeard.

So, i made this model few years qgo but never finished it after the moddig becone much more harder.

Because i like this plane and one of the variant ist currently used in Hungarian Airforce as well, i thought to share this partially UVd modell if its helps to improve the state of the mod.

Is this mod planned to build for the JF11 in the future? I guess this two plane really similar.

If necessary i can help to finish it, but its absolutely depends on you. Contact me if you are interested and discuss the details.

Hi mate,

Join us on Discord we will have a chat, that looks very promising.

Regards,

Whisky

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

If you are not already aware the mod will be released on the National Day of Sweden Sunday, June 6 2021. We are currently running a contest on the Livery Art Group so if you are interested head there:

https://discord.com/channels/547961984658833408/831960050037555210/840685542689210392

Once we get closer to the actual release date I will update the first post and provide the download link.

Cheers,

Whisky

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jerec said:

Great one! Finally there! 

But one suggestion before release: Please less reflection on the MFDs!! Look at 0:14 on the video. Too much reflection! 

The whole cockpit is getting a re-texture, that will be addressed for sure!

Edited by whisky.actual
  • Like 2

Is it just me or is the github download capped at 100 kb/s?

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

2 minutes ago, =52d= Skip said:

Took me less than a minute; so must be something on your end.

Thanks, I'll check things on my end then!

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante