Sad it's impossible now to set a simple keyboard button to throttle  'slide' UP and another to Throttle 'slide' DOWN. It just works here if i set it to an axis in my gamepad (don't have a HOTAS) and I need to keep holding the stick UP to be at 100% throttle. The other Throttle options do nothing. 😪 

Awesome mod of one of my favourite planes at airshows.  Many thanks for all the hard work!

Can I just check?  Does the A-G version have a RWR?  I've had a quick look around the cockpit but can't see anything obvious when I fly over SAM sites that shoot at me, or planes that fire AA10s at me

I'm probably an idiot, but I cannot seem to get the current Gripen (AA or AG) to actually fire the gun or release any weapons. The older version worked fine on my old PC.

Trigger binding is correct. Safety is toggled. What am I missing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

43 minutes ago, Darrylx444 said:

What am I missing?

Probably the Master Arm Safety Switch, its on the forward part of the right console.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

22 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Probably the Master Arm Safety Switch, its on the forward part of the right console.

Yerp, the MASS. Many thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

Thank you so much for making this Gripen mod, I Absolutely Love it!! The Gripen is my favorite non US fighter and it’s so Awesome to see it in DCS!! I can definitely tell the passion and hard work that has gone in to it!!

21E2E036-570F-498D-BCE0-521A80F56379.png

• Like 6

Good morning @everyone. Today we are presenting our first bi-monthly development report. Since the v1.8.0 release, the team has been working on our own EFM for the Gripen. We are currently using OpenVSP and some white papers to generate the required data points to have a very accurate flight model under all flight parameters. We would like to thank PeeJott (F-104 dev) for his collaboration on this front. We would like to thank also @rudel-chw for his incredible work on our official training tutorials. You can check them out on YouTube channel; we created a playlist that will be updated with each mission. These will be part of our next update and will be available under the training menu. Finally, the team decided to add a Within Visual Range variant for the AA based on the SU-33 avionics to give players the joy of using our HOBS missiles. We also added a new HMD that complements the default one. Finally, we added a new Brazilian skin created by @OMartins, this is one is based on the first serial models of the E variant.

unknown.png

DCS_2022-01-15_14-09-41.png?width=1202&h

DCS_2022-01-15_14-22-59.png?width=1202&h

That's all for now, stay safe and check six!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Raphomet said:

Rudder and NWS are not working. is this a bug or am i missing something?

On the gripen the NWS is always on .. while on the ground you steer the aircraft with the rudder. It works for me, as can be seen at minute 3:15 on this video:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Rudel_chw:

On the gripen the NWS is always on .. while on the ground you steer the aircraft with the rudder. It works for me, as can be seen at minute 3:15 on this video:

nice! thats what i´m trying to achieve but nothing moves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raphomet said:

nice! thats what i´m trying to achieve but nothing moves.

Hi, I just tested on my rig, where I usually use hardware rudder pedals. I disabled my pedals and tried to use the keys Z & X and they don't work. Binded different keys and the same happens. It surely is a bug, ask on the Gripen Discord to see if a developer can take a look at this:

https://discord.gg/GypWdS28

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Raphomet said:

i cant even believe that it´s a mod. 

Yes, the developer's attention to detail is awesome ... for example, this is the sound that they have given the gun:

and this is the sound of the real thing:

(Keep in mind that the distance from the camera to the aircraft has the sound arrive lagged by 1 second for every 300 meters of separation)

• Like 2

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Rudel_chw:

Yes, the developer's attention to detail is awesome ... for example, this is the sound that they have given the gun:

and this is the sound of the real thing:

(Keep in mind that the distance from the camera to the aircraft has the sound arrive lagged by 1 second for every 300 meters of separation)

Wow. Just wow.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! We are hard at work and adding cool features to the JAS39 Community mod. In this update, we want to show off our HMD based on the SU33 module. Also in the works: EFM, RWR, Navigation and much more! Stay tuned, stay safe and check six!

Edited by whisky.actual
  • Thanks 2

Hola Whisky ...

Lamentablemente , he tenido que eliminar este Mod ( no se por què ) ,pues no es compatible con DCS , aunque esto es desde hace poco , anteriormente no me ocurrìa

Me he visto obligado a  revisar, uno a uno cada mod que tengo e ir probando en DCS , hasta que al llegar al JAS-39 desapareciò el problema 

Y es una pena , pues solìa volarlo bastante ...

5 minutes ago, STABROSS said:

pues no es compatible con DCS

On my DCS it works fine, so a basic incompatibility seems unlikely … you don’t describe your problem in more detail, nor provide a dcs.log, so it’s hard to venture a guess about what may be the issue that you are experiencing.

Vaya ..¡¡

Pues no caì en lo del archivo " log " 

El caso es que habìa creado unas misiones de despegues y apontajes en Carries tanto con F-18  , como con UH-60L y curiosamente al ejecutar la misiòn , pues no aparecìan los portaviones en el Editor 

Activaba la opciòn de despegar desde el carrier y aparecìa en el agua 

Y èso me llevò a chequear todos los mòdulos o Mods , hasta llegar a JAS39, una vez eliminado desapareciò el problema 

En base a lo que me comentas , voy a descargarlo de nuevo y subirè el archivo aquì  " log " , para que chequeen cual es el problema 

7 hours ago, STABROSS said:

Y èso me llevò a chequear todos los mòdulos o Mods , hasta llegar a JAS39, una vez eliminado desapareciò el problema 

You have quite a lot of User Mod aircrafts, from the log I can see:

A-4E-C
Eurofighter
Pucara
Rafale
Su-57 Felon
A-29B
HH-60 Seahawk
MH-60
AH-6J
Hercules
JAS-39
MB-339PAN
MQ-9 Predator
Mig-27K
MiG-31
Su-30MK
UH-60L
VNAO T-45
VSN F-104G

It is very possible that one or more of them conflicts with the Gripen, since many of those Mods use the same FC3 files. Also many Mods, including the Gripen, use parts of the A-4E as it is one of the most complete and mature User Mods. May I suggest a test? ... disable all of the Mods that I have listed, and then enable just the Gripen ... do you still get issues?

If no issue, it means that the Gripen does not conflict with any part of DCS ... next you can enable the remaining Mods, one by one, testing in between, until you locate those that are incompatible (may be more than one).

I use modded aircrafts on my DCS, but never more than one at a time ... I use a Mod Manager to be able to easily enable or disable user Mods at will.

Best regards

PD: Sorry for not answering in spanish, but this is the english part of the Forum.

Edited by Rudel_chw

• 1 month later...

Any update, especially on the conflict solution side?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Mod development is progressing, we are currently doing test on our EFM. Work is also being done on the RWR and the FCS. Not sure what you mean about "conflict solution side", but if it is regarding the departure of a team member the case was closed and I would refer you to the post he made on our Discord.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1