hope my issue is that I hadn't engaged the Master Arm switch. Other than that everything seems to be working. The Trigger and Trigger Cover are mapped and I have observed the Trigger Cover moving to uncover the pickle button. My modes are also mapped and appear to be working, along with the correct missile and gun symbology for each weapon selection.

Thanks very much for the video and assistance!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 10:40 PM, Rudel_chw said:

It works for me:

perhaps you could describe in more detail what are the steps that you are following for using your weapons?

Are these training missions somewhere to use in DCS? 😮 

On 4/3/2022 at 11:02 PM, Smax70 said:

hope my issue is that I hadn't engaged the Master Arm switch. Other than that everything seems to be working. The Trigger and Trigger Cover are mapped and I have observed the Trigger Cover moving to uncover the pickle button. My modes are also mapped and appear to be working, along with the correct missile and gun symbology for each weapon selection.

Thanks very much for the video and assistance!

I did the same blunder in the beginning. 😅

13 minutes ago, christianviks said:

Are these training missions somewhere to use in DCS?

They should be included in the next release of the Mod. 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi guys,

I've recently got back into DCS recently and it was largely because of this mod. I had started looking into DCS again after several years break and turned up some videos featuring your mod. The general consensus out there is that the Gripen mod is great. I didn't know much about the actual Gripen, but after looking into the aircraft I fell in love with the whole concept and execution of this fighter. So after the massive DCS install, the first thing I did was download your mod. Loved it immediately. So much effort has already gone into this and it looks like much more is to come.

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to the future development of this mod. And if you ever decide to create a fully fledged payware module of this plane, you can take my money!

Cheers.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, t00thPIK said:

Hi guys,

I've recently got back into DCS recently and it was largely because of this mod. I had started looking into DCS again after several years break and turned up some videos featuring your mod. The general consensus out there is that the Gripen mod is great. I didn't know much about the actual Gripen, but after looking into the aircraft I fell in love with the whole concept and execution of this fighter. So after the massive DCS install, the first thing I did was download your mod. Loved it immediately. So much effort has already gone into this and it looks like much more is to come.

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to the future development of this mod. And if you ever decide to create a fully fledged payware module of this plane, you can take my money!

Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words, makes all this hard work worth it!

• Like 2

RCS (radar cross section) of Gripen-C variant is based on some public data 0.1m². So its kind of stealtiy. Is that right?

I just did some tests with F-16. It`s radar can only see Gripen on no more then 32nm away when nose hot. For a comparision, same AN/APG-68 can see another "similar" jets F-16 and Mirage 2000 and also JF-17 over 40nm (40-45). 

DCS does still not distinguish the RCS between different load-out, I hope it will be implemented soon, thats quite an important factor in BVR engagements.

Edited by skywalker22
  • Like 1

I too am having issue getting any weapons to fire. I choose the Fox 2 with MIG29 simulation under quick action. Trigger is mapped, Gun safety, master arm, modes are mapped. Pressing keys for master arm, gun safety, close air to air, change weapon. I get the growling sound, a round circle in the hud, and the command to shoot. Nothing happens when I pull the cannon trigger or the weapons release.

13 hours ago, Dodgeitonce said:

I too am having issue getting any weapons to fire. I choose the Fox 2 with MIG29 simulation under quick action. Trigger is mapped, Gun safety, master arm, modes are mapped. Pressing keys for master arm, gun safety, close air to air, change weapon. I get the growling sound, a round circle in the hud, and the command to shoot. Nothing happens when I pull the cannon trigger or the weapons release.

u need to map trigger in gripen weapon category then check master arms is on live and triger cover is up (clickable)

Edited by Redounet

HI all, work continues on v2.0, but we have decided to have a v1.8.5 since developing these advanced systems (EFM, FCS and the RWR/SA) will require much more time. Therefore, 1.8.5 will contain many quality of life upgrades such as placeholder textures in the cockpit, a combined control scheme and @rudel-chw wonderful training missions and more. We are also adding the WVR (within visual range) variant that will utilize the SU33 avionics for its HMD (all variants will have the HMD, but fox2 targeting will only be available on the WVR). Since we have the HMD, we are upgrading our cockpit and adding the sensors as seen in the screenshot below. We don't have a timeline yet, but we will keep you posted on the developments here. That's all for now, stay safe and check six!

Screen_220507_093549.png?width=1202&heig

Screen_220507_093742.png?width=1202&heig

1.png?width=1202&height=676

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 2:13 PM, t00thPIK said:

Hi guys,

Cheers.

Same here.
Downloaded yesterday, flew 3 hours.
Fell in love.

Just had a few confusions in A2A when locking targets (on radar screen locked, on HUD not ...), but flying around makes me smile 🙂
Have to dig in deeper.
Funny to see how big the Viggen is in comparison with this small but powerful little bird. This can be seen in the Instant Mission with the Road base training.

Guys, please continue!
:love:

• Like 3

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

On 5/16/2022 at 3:07 AM, TOViper said:

Same here.
Downloaded yesterday, flew 3 hours.
Fell in love.

Just had a few confusions in A2A when locking targets (on radar screen locked, on HUD not ...), but flying around makes me smile 🙂
Have to dig in deeper.
Funny to see how big the Viggen is in comparison with this small but powerful little bird. This can be seen in the Instant Mission with the Road base training.

Guys, please continue!
:love:

She's small alright. I always thought the F/A-18C and F-16 were pretty small compared to most fighters. But you put a Gripen next to an F/A-18 and the size difference is pretty significant.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings @everyone, besides being the Swedish National Day and D-Day the 6th of June is also a special day for the Gripen Community Mod. It's been one year already since we shared with you the first version of our mod. During this past year, we have constantly improved it and we are very proud of what we have accomplished. Therefore, today we want to tease you with some of the new content that will be implemented. Firstly, we have the backlights and floodlights that will help you see your instruments when you are flying at night. Secondly, we are adding more clickable buttons in our cockpit including three auto-pilot modes and also the buttons for the FCR (Fire Control Radar). That's all for now, stay safe and check six and enjoy Sveriges Nationaldag!

1.png?width=1202&height=676

2.png?width=1202&height=676

3.png?width=1202&height=676

4.png?width=1202&height=676

5.png?width=1202&height=676

6.png?width=1202&height=676

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

IMHO, the most perfect music for the DCS main menu loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUP5nGKUsQ&ab_channel=EpicMusicWorld

Already implemented the OGG file to my installation folder, what a blast!

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Hi I am trying to create a mission but for some reason the AI , with an antiship strike mission will not fire the RBS-15 I have tried both versions including the one with AI at the end, under weapons in The group attack advanced waypoint i have tried Auto and Anti Ship missiles any ideas?

18 hours ago, Howzzat said:

Hi I am trying to create a mission but for some reason the AI , with an antiship strike mission will not fire the RBS-15 I have tried both versions including the one with AI at the end, under weapons in The group attack advanced waypoint i have tried Auto and Anti Ship missiles any ideas?

Just a small guess (but TBH not knowing about this module too much so far): have you applied the role "Anti-Ship" for this group?

my computer:

16 minutes ago, TOViper said:

Just a small guess (but TBH not knowing about this module too much so far): have you applied the role "Anti-Ship" for this group?

Yup and also set the advanced waypoint action weapon type to both auto, didnt work tried setting weapon to anti ship missiles, guided missiles not on missile fired which is wierd .

Hi all,

I have edited some training missions for the users that are new to this Mod, you can get them here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3324687/

Best regards,

1C67F459-ACA3-4D80-84EC-D277D6249881.jpeg

Edit: Please, if you find any bugs on these missions, please report them on this other thread, so that we don't derail this topic too much:

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB