Late activation SAM sites still showing in Viper SA page

HR-Crumble

Hi guys,

Im on PG map making a multiplayer training map. Never seen this one before:

I have a series of FLAG START triggers that will spawn different sam sites in different places depending on the flag count. Its a trigger Ive used for years to spawn enemy AI aircraft. Always worked a treat.

When having hidden with LATE ACTIVATION on all the sites until the flag ACTIVATES a certain one as per normal I can see every single sam site threat ring on my SA page even when only one is activated and the others are still deactivated.

Anyone got any thoughts? Got me scratching my head here.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, toutenglisse said:

If you want to have a SAM group to be hidden on the F16c SA page, you have to tick the option "hidden on the map". (if SAM group is spawned by script it is the parameter : ["hidden"] = true, that you have to use)

Okay so what your saying is all my Sam sites should be ticked LATE ACTIVATION and also HIDDEN ON MAP and then when the flag avtivates one it will become UNHIDDEN and only that will show on the SA page?

14 minutes ago, HR-Crumble said:

Okay that makes sense to me. Thanks for the info 👍🏻👍🏻

BTW there is a "trick" you can use to achieve what you want. It requires using MIST and scripting the teleportation of SAM groups, and to change your F16c player to F16c client slot and to occupy this slot only after teleportation.

Put your SAM groups somewhere far away on the map, and 1 second after mission start you enable a "random flag n°1" with value between 1 and the total number of SAM groups. Then create triggers : if flag n°1 equal 1 then SAM group 1 is teleported to his dedicated zone1 on your area of ops, flag n°1 = 2 then SAM group 2 teleports in zone2, etc ... When you start the mission don't take the client slot, select "back" and "spectator", then after 1 second you can select your slot. You will see on SA page only the teleported group (others are potentially visible but far away on map's border).

Here a .miz example achieving that.

In my example each "teleport" function works for 1 group and its dedicated zone (G1, Z1 - G2, Z2 - G3, Z3), but you can add zone names in the function and teleport this group randomly to any of listed zones.

You can also teleport several groups to several random zones etc... this is just an example.

test-teleport-sam.miz