Ottoman Courier: Prologue Mission 5 (M5)

WOPR

Potential Spoiler:

Spoiler

While orbiting over Norseman, I find something "interesting" but no call outs occur nor do any space bar actions pop.  I am tuned to channel 2 on main.  This seems like a bug.

Great prologue campaign.  Made me re-learn how to use some systems and the story is engaging.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Following the 2.7 patch, I tried again.  There is an order dependency to the triggers.  If you hold short to wait for your squadron mates (I never waited for all of them they didn't seem to move),

Spoiler

none of the triggers after the tower collapses work.

If you don't wait to take off, the mission works normally.  I think the issue described in the first post was caused by Tricker never taking off.

In this mission, I expected squadron mates to be a hot start, and they are cold start and slow to get moving.  I'm sure there is a good reason for starting the mission this way.  Recommend, trying to find a way to get squadron to taxi sooner, or add some notes about patiently waiting for everyone or moving out as fast as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends. In the mission 5 I could need a little bit help. What should I do after the start? I´m in the air and the television tower is exploding. Nothing happens and I like to ask what to  do at the beginning of the mission. Landing on the ship is not working, no further progress. I would be happy about a hint!

3 minutes ago, razer668 said:

Hello friends. In the mission 5 I could need a little bit help. What should I do after the start? I´m in the air and the television tower is exploding. Nothing happens and I like to ask what to  do at the beginning of the mission. Landing on the ship is not working, no further progress. I would be happy about a hint!

It's been a while, but fly up the coast for a bit and they will ask you to check on something north of where you took off from.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

• 1 month later...

With the stable update 2.7 the truck bug has been fixed! Thanks!

What I like to ask is: a short time after takeoff the radio tower explodes. Than a message appear: Nightmares 11 strike on pri!

What is the next step in this mission?

-Landing on ship to rearm ends the mission with 60 points.

-flying 330° as mentioned is not working, no further progress.

-no further communication/no further progress after tower explosion in any direction...

I could need help if possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey Baltic!

Sorry to bring this up again. I have the same issue. After the TV Tower explosion the mission is not progressing. I maintain the 330 heading and I'm on channel 1 on PRI. I did several back and forth between the ship and the airport but nothing happens. In one occasion it suddenly brought up the message so I could continue but at the end I was way too low on fuel could not finish the mission. Usually nothing happens.

I tried to check the triggers and as far as I'm concerned after the TV tower only time elapse is built in so have no idea why it is not triggered but to be honest I am noob for the mission editing and there are so many triggers I was lost.

Thanks for the support!

Love the campaign and would love to continue. An instant get if it is released.

Edited by tsgucci

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 2:25 AM, baltic_dragon said:

OK thanks, will check that part - I focused on the dumb AI crashing on takeoff 🙂

Any news with this issue? I just ran into the same problem:

My whole flight took off successfully from Batumi. I'm on 330 heading, climbed to 10,000 ft, on channel 1 on PRI with my whole flight in formation. I've continued on this heading/altitude as far as Sukhumi. Nothing happens. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Gretsch_Man I think I know what caused the issue - you were changing Freq manually I guess. I added some safeguards so it works OK. 

If you switch to CH1 before the prompt, it should also work OK. The main question is - did you see the explosion on the comms tower?

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

11 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

@Gretsch_Man I think I know what caused the issue - you were changing Freq manually I guess. I added some safeguards so it works OK. 

If you switch to CH1 before the prompt, it should also work OK. The main question is - did you see the explosion on the comms tower?

I did as well. The discussions with the wingmans can be heard after the tower collapse.

There are different ways to change the channels: using the knob going from Ch10 to Ch1, pressing the knob and entering the freq manually or pressing the knob, then channel number and then enter. They all are envisioned, but if you, say, make a mistake in the freq sequence then it may not work (triggers not detected in correct order, with each button press being a different flag fired) - so I'll probably add a SP BAR workaround 😄

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png