Ottoman Courier: Prologue Mission 5 (M5)

WOPR

I have just reflown the mission. If I go to the manual radio and enter the correct freq of Strike the mission continues as planned! So this could be a workaround until the patch is coming.

I had similar issue in the Hornet where you were instructed to select a channel but it was not detected by DCS. The workaround was to select the channel and then press enter on the UFC. In case of the Harrier this does not work.

• 2 weeks later...

BD, 

Just completed Ottoman Courier (Prologue) and outstanding work!  Can't wait for the full campaign and I'll be there with the "take my money" meme in my posts.  

However, I did have a problem with M05 here in March 2022 using the stock Ottoman Courier campaign.  The call to go to Batumi Tower and hit Space comes up, but then almost immediately we get a call to switch to Proud Eagle and hit Space.  I had to restart this three times before I gave up and went searching in the forums.  I found a thread from last year where you posted an updated file.  I downloaded that and it worked to complete the campaign, but it was clearly missing some elements (no Hinds flying past, much less sense of urgency).

Sounds like this mission keep breaking with recent releases and I'm sure that's a PITA.  But hopefully this feedback can help you tweak it again for newbies hitting Ottoman Courier for the first time.  Its a great experience, shame to have a hiccup on the finale. 

• Like 1

I seem to be having a similar issue. I take off, the tower explodes (I'm flying 330) get told to go to Strike on Pri (use rotary dial on throttle to select channel 1) and then nothing, I can fly to wypt 1 and anchor at 2 (Alika) and no  comms. Using the latest OB.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, the issue @Istari6 mentions - this is not a bug, it is your choice which radios to keep open. You can just be on Proud Eagle (and miss the chatter at Batumi, which is not crucial for the mission itself), or switch between the two (with Proud Eagle of course having a priority). This is intended to be like this.

As for the frequency change, it also should be fixed, I will check if the latest version was submitted by Razbam. There are four different ways to change the frequency but I think what I will do to avoid future confusion I'll just replace them with good old space bar instead of listening to radio change commands. 
UPDATE: fixed.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 months later...
Just played the campaign through. Great job. I hope the full campaign is still on the cards. To get Mission 5 to work I had to enter the Strike frequency manually.
Likewise, I'm waiting for the full version. Day 1 purchase for me for sure!

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 2 months later...

Hi Baltic,
I report the remaining bugs in this mission. DCS version is stable, the latest.

If you follow the message "Remember to set COM1 to Tower or Proud Eagle" and switch COM1 to CH1 (132.100, Proud Eagle and Strike) at mission start, this will start the FL100 trigger, which will break the sequence of further radio messages and mission logic (I had radio messages overlapping, the message appeared to switch to the NORTMAN channel before the story needed, and in the end 2 of 3 wingman disappeared from the parking spot). 

The FL100 trigger should start after takeoff from Batumi

In order not to break the logic of the mission is necessary to set on COM1 ONLY CH10 (131.100, Batumi Tower). 
It is necessary to set CH10 without going through CH1 by turning knob clockwise, because this will start FL100 trigger again. i.e. it is necessary to enter channel number by turn knob counterclockwise. Setting frequency of CH10 manually or entering a channel number on UFC also start FL100.
Switching to CH1 should only be done after the message "Make sure that you are listening to Strike Freq on COM1. Press space bar when ready".

I suggest remove the Proud Eagle (CH1) selection in the start message and adjust the FL100 trigger.

One more note. 
After the flight takes off and the TV tower explodes, there is a radio message "Nightmares, go strike on primary".  Nothing will happen until CH1 frequency is manually entered or the channel number on UFC for COM1 is entered.  This will start the FL100 trigger with messages from Proud Eagle. Setting channel 1 by turning the knob will not do anything.

I spent half a day understanding the problem and the solution, hope this helps)).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by суховей
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Baltic,

Just wanted you to know that I went to replay this campaign and that nothing happens after departure and pushing to strike in M5. I tried the workarounds mentioned above but none of them worked. Just wanted you to know.

Also, out of curiosity, in M3 I hit the JTAC specified targets on the correct heading but the debrief said I missed. Is there something subtle I'm missing?

Just wanted you to know. Really enjoy all of your campaigns!

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Thanks. I'll have a look at it, but recent updates created so many bugs in my paid campaigns that I struggle keeping up fixing those in time.. Seriously frustrating... I'll get back to OC but don't know when. 

Thanks Baltic! No worries. Just wanted you to be aware. I know that each new update also brings with it the question of what new bugs will occur.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 12:31 AM, phtate0830 said:

Just wanted you to know that I went to replay this campaign and that nothing happens after departure and pushing to strike in M5. I tried the workarounds mentioned above but none of them worked. Just wanted you to know.

Same for me. Possible same issue affecting mission 2, that a trigger for detecting switching radio channel is not working?

• 2 months later...

Hi,
I fear there is still something wrong with mission 5.
First of all, I call seeing the fall of tower almost immediately after the mission starts, while still on the ground. Please note that the time stamps are incorrect, it shows that 3 minutes have elapsed, but in fact it was something like 10-15 seconds...

Screen_230422_072126.jpg
Secondly, I get the "Change to Norseman" command and then suddenly two wingmen dissapear... And yet I'm still waiting 🙂

Screen_230422_072533.jpg
One hint: I might have pressed space too early or something. Looks like the triggers are working strangely.
Cheers,
Szprynmann

Edited by Szprynmann

I recently got into harrier and tried the campaign. Outstanding work, even without knowing who made it I guessed it right from the briefing of first mission.

I had a couple of issues, couldn't finish mission 3 cause after second attack with LGB's my wingman stopped responding after "cleared hot", so i had to skip the rest.

But when I spawn in on mission 5 and choose correct freqs I begin hearing voiceovers that don't make much sense, looks like from various parts of the mission, so there is no sense or way to continue, a that's a pity. I almost finished the campaign in one sitting.

Thanks for your work!

• Like 1