No FLIR option on DDI and LTD will not stay in the "On" Position

TrichomeCharlie
Go to solution Solved by Bunny Clark,

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure its something I'm doing or not doing.... probably my fault.

Looking for some guidance or a second set of eyes. I cant get the FLIR button to appear on the DDI. This was a preset mission to train on the AGM-65E Maverick. If I understand it correctly the Targeting POD isnt needed as the "E" has its own seeker (?) and wasn't loaded onto the Jet when I loaded the mission. The FLIR is in the standby position. I switch it to ON when ready to use but before nor after does the "FLIR" option show on the DDI. I attached my Track File.

Any help is appreciated from this noob... Its been an interesting DCS ride so far. Im 1 month into the F/A 18c...

Thanks

FLIR and LTD Issue.trk

Edited by TrichomeCharlie

• Solution

The AGM-65E is laser guided and requires a laser spot to track. In that training mission you have no FLIR pod to lase targets yourself and the targets will be lased by a JTAC on the ground. You need to contact that JTAC with the radio and have them turn on the laser for you. 

• Like 2

AGM-65E are laser guided, that means they need a laser ray to be guided on target. You can get them in two ways into DCS so far:

1) you can load a targeting POD on board and illuminate the target by yourself

2) the target can be "selected" by a ground squad's laser or another airplane that has a targeting Pod.

If you do not have anyone of those in your mission, well, forget launching a Maverick. Basically the head of the laser maverick search for a target which has a laser on it. The laser has a "code" that need to match  with the one of your missile(s) you get on your plane.  

• Like 2