Sun Spot

Dinga

I now have a small black whole on my left hand lens.This is just a heads up for you guys ,this can occur more easily than you might think.So I was mucking about with my Reverb g2 and not really paying any attention to the sun in the room because I have been using it many times in similar situations anyway  long story short I went to use it and there it was a black spot.Fortunately for me not in my direct field of view but more to the lower part of the lens. I am not exactly sure when it happened ,I guess I got careless and I only have myself to blame. It only takes a few seconds they say and I believe them now. So I would be especially careful and not have any sun in the area you are likely to put your HMD down on or even where you are wearing it..I am not sure but it could be that the sensors on the out side of the head set may be got zapped by the sun.Not sure so from now on the sun shade is right down.

You mean the actual sun, damaged your lcd screen, as the lenses amplified the light/heat as they were exposed directly to the sun... ouch! Damn that’s unlucky! 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg