YawVR

72westy

Anyone her using it?

https://www.yawvr.com/

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

no, i have seen it before, expensive, but oddly not expensive enough to make me think it will be much good ... also and i'm sure its a minor think i really didnt like the way those very light X-52's were wobbling around on the hotas mounts.. so i wonder how my warthogs would work... or a winwing 🤪 

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Theres some pretty good videos on youtube of it being used in DCS, it looks like a lot of fun TBH and has a nice small footprint.  

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

The HOTAS wobble on their page looks like they simply velcroed the throttle down for the same of making a video. If you look at the plat itself it looks pretty solid.

I was more put off by the fact that the chair position seems to reflect the aircraft attitude rather than the g forces experienced. In some ways I worry this would end up being less "realistic".

• Like 1

SYS : RYZEN 9 5950X + Crosshair VIII Hero + RTX 3090 FE 32GB + TridentZ NEO 32GB 3600MHz + FireCuda 520 1TB

VR Pimax 8KX : DCS 1.0, VR, Steam 100% (3148x3160), FOV 120 degrees || Quest2 || Index || Reverb G2

SIM : DCS || Star Wars Squadrons || Rise of Flight || IL2 Battle of Stalingrad || Elite Dangerous || Star Citizen

DCS: Textures & Terrain High, Water & Vis Medium, Heat Blur Low, Shadows Medium, MSAA 2x, DoF OFF, Lens Flare Only, Motion Blur Off, SSAA & SSLR Off, Clutter 170, Trees 66%, Smoke 0, Anisotropic 2x, Terrain Shadows Flat, Cockpit Global Illumination On

PIT : VKB Gunfighter base + VKB F14 grip || VKB Kosima grip + Virpl TC50 CM3 throttle + Logitch G pedals + Pimax Leap Motion hand tracking + SimShaker feedback

On 4/7/2021 at 9:25 AM, nobuttons said:

The HOTAS wobble on their page looks like they simply velcroed the throttle down for the same of making a video. If you look at the plat itself it looks pretty solid.

I was more put off by the fact that the chair position seems to reflect the aircraft attitude rather than the g forces experienced. In some ways I worry this would end up being less "realistic".

Yeah, that is what it looks like. It could be interesting if they could develop an interface to more closely model your attitude, and if they could integrate those G-strap simulator things that could be interesting. I'd be more put off by the fact it seems to top out at 30-45 degrees, which might be fine for a cessna, but maybe not a high performance jet. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

9 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Yeah, that is what it looks like. It could be interesting if they could develop an interface to more closely model your attitude, and if they could integrate those G-strap simulator things that could be interesting. I'd be more put off by the fact it seems to top out at 30-45 degrees, which might be fine for a cessna, but maybe not a high performance jet. 

I'm not sure for realistic sense of acceleration you need a lot of roll... those simulator rides like Star Tours do a lot with very little.

My impression is that in most maneuvers the acceleration is pressing you down into your seat or back into backrest, (kind of like banked turns for cars and trains), so it really wouldn't need much. Sure, a sustained inverted flight won't 'feel right' but that's more of an acrobatic/move moment than something we'd likely feel in most missions.

I agree for real good G-feedback you want to combine acceleration direction, with something like a harness or vest that dials in intensity of sensation (and yes I have looked at whether one could retrofit an actual G-suit for that purpose).

Edited by nobuttons

SYS : RYZEN 9 5950X + Crosshair VIII Hero + RTX 3090 FE 32GB + TridentZ NEO 32GB 3600MHz + FireCuda 520 1TB

VR Pimax 8KX : DCS 1.0, VR, Steam 100% (3148x3160), FOV 120 degrees || Quest2 || Index || Reverb G2

SIM : DCS || Star Wars Squadrons || Rise of Flight || IL2 Battle of Stalingrad || Elite Dangerous || Star Citizen

DCS: Textures & Terrain High, Water & Vis Medium, Heat Blur Low, Shadows Medium, MSAA 2x, DoF OFF, Lens Flare Only, Motion Blur Off, SSAA & SSLR Off, Clutter 170, Trees 66%, Smoke 0, Anisotropic 2x, Terrain Shadows Flat, Cockpit Global Illumination On

PIT : VKB Gunfighter base + VKB F14 grip || VKB Kosima grip + Virpl TC50 CM3 throttle + Logitch G pedals + Pimax Leap Motion hand tracking + SimShaker feedback

I have seen this homemade 360° simulator before.

https://youtu.be/UKcQrTZCghI

Looks fun but dangerous.

Edit:there is the commercial one but looks super expensive. 

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 10:25 AM, nobuttons said:

Actually, this thing, and the recently-announced Yaw2, are intended for VR, and the motion it generates, when not viewed relative to actual position of the sim (in other words, with the HMD covering your eyes) does a surprisingly good job of fooling your body that the forces it is feeling are roughly analogous to what your eyes are seeing. For example, whilst in a constant rate left turn, the Yaw spins continuously to the left (yaw), and banks (rolls) to the left. Looking at this from the outside, you'd say "Well, that's not very realistic; it looks like you're in a spin", however inside your HMD, and from what your inner ear and other motion sensors in your body can tell, it feels like you're in a constant rate left turn. Same with the pitch and roll movements. 

Now, there is no way any 3/6DOF motion simulator can fully reproduce G-Forces, but from my experience with the Yaw, as long as you're "under the hood" of a VR HMD, it's very convincing. 

Edited by dmwierz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

• 2 weeks later...

This looks preety good if you can get good HOTAS mounts and add a G-belt.  https://simxperience.com/en-us/products/accessories/g-beltactivebelttensioners.aspx

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

• 3 weeks later...

Backed the Pro model of the Yaw2, hopefully the Have addition is ready by the time mine ships (late backer number).

Should be a blast, and now they added T Slot type side mounts to help with adding gear

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/346206518/yaw2-motion-simulator-and-smart-chair/description