Bonus mission, anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Reflected, thank you so much for creating this campaign (and the others) they are so good. 

just a quick question - on mission 7 of BNBOB I got hit and bailed out, and when I clicked end mission and then clicked to play the next, it came back to mission 7. I seem to be stuck on this mission. 

Will it make me play it until I land safely back at base?

thank you 🙂

R

I got captured lol which was a shame but it’s so good and immersive. 

ok so essentially I need to make sure I get back across the channel or call Air Sea Rescue in order to progress (seems obvious now). 

thanks very much! The campaign is so fun. 

R

• 3 months later...

Hi Reflected, question: how do I find the Bonus mission? I have the P-51 and both Channel and Normandy maps, have tried some of the Normandy missions but just now getting back into DCS - and looking for the Bonus mission I couldn't find it. I'm pretty new to campaigns, where should I look for it?

Also, do I need to progress through each mission in order, or can they be flown in any order? Again, I'm really new at this campaign stuff... ;^)

OK, so I found your FAQ and am a little smarter (maybe) - so I assume the bonus mission becomes available after progressing through all the original Normandy missions?

Cheers,

Vulture

Edited by Kirk66
completeness

@Kirk66 You can find the bonus mission in the same folder where all the others are: DCS/mods/campaigns/Blue Nose Bastards

You don't need to 'unlock' it, you can even start with that one if you like. Same goes for the campaign, you can open the missions one by one from the same location and play it as single missions one after the other. But then you won't get your 'campaign stats', like how many kills you got, etc.. I recommend keeping the order of the missions though.

PS: is that an LS4 in your avatar? I'm a glider pilot too 😉

Hi Reflected,

Yep, that's my LS6-b; I've had it since 2001 and have put over 3000 hours in it - all over Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Illinois, etc.  Nicest flying glider - although the LS4 is pretty close!

To brag a bit - Being lazy and hating paperwork I claimed ALL my FAI badge legs through Diamonds in one flight in it - including Diamond Altitude in a thermal (!) over the Grand Canyon.  Of course, in Arizona in May it really wasn't that hard ;^) - just mildly "irregular". If you are curious I could send you the .igc file.

Back to the missions, and I apologize for being thick, but do I open it via the Campaigns option when I've selected the P-51? I see all the Normandy missions but not the bonus one on the Channel.  I'll look again, it's probably me.

Anyway, thankyou for the great missions - I really love the atmosphere in them. I do wish a few of them had the player as a wingman so I could tag along practicing formation flying and watching the war go on (I'm retired Air Force and formation flying is something I really miss in the civilian flying I do nowadays - mainly gliding and as a tow pilot in Pawnees).

Cheers!

Vulture (in a previous life in F-4s) or 66 (in my LS6)

Diamond altitude in a thermal?? Holy mackerel…that’s insane! We need waves for that over here and special airspace permissions. Thermals only go up to 7-8000 feet, but the airspace limit is only 6500 near my airfield so that doesn’t help much either. 

3000 hours is also A LOT, I wish I had a fraction of that. I bet you could teach me a lot of tricks 🙂

as for the mission, it’s not part of the campaign so you can open it through the mission editor by navigating to mods/campaigns/blue nose bastards. 

In this one you usually lead the flight or the squadron but in Wolfpack you’re almost always a wingman. That also has its drawbacks because the dcs ai flies in a way that requires some time to get used to, but I agree, formation flying is fun!

Hi Reflected - I finally figured out the file system and launched the Bonus mission - thanks for all the patient help!  Looking forward to working through your fascinating missions.

Low pass in my LS6 right after I got it. 140 knots at a couple of meters...

lowpass6.jpg

Cheers, 

Vulture

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Snails161 said:

i dont suppose you can redo the campaign with the channel map....i know its a big ask but id certainly buy it

Sorry, that's not gonna happen. I'd have to rebuild from scratch basically...and it wouldn't make sense with all the D-day missions and the preparation like attacking Caen or the Pointe du Hoc.