Wpdseg for WP using the LITENING - Ground Stabilisation?

Andrei Dragovic
Go to solution Solved by Harker,

I am noticing if I WPDSEG a WP (even a precise one) the tpod doesn't slew perfectly to the point and is drifting i.e it is not ground stabilised. Meanwhile if I WPDSEG a MK point the tpod slews to the exact point and is ground stabilised.

Is this correct behaviour? 

Edited by Andrei Dragovic

"Lawyer by Profession, Pilot by Heart...and self-confessed Harrier tragic"

• Solution

Are you sure your WPs are on ground level? If not, the TPOD will just look at a point in the air. The default waypoint elevation is 2000 meters, in the Editor. You can easily set ground elevation by inputting zero and it'll automatically correct it to match the ground.

• Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Harker said:

Are you sure your WPs are on ground level? If not, the TPOD will just look at a point in the air. The default waypoint elevation is 2000 meters, in the Editor. You can easily set ground elevation by inputting zero and it'll automatically correct it to match the ground.

That is probably it. I was punching in a precise Grid for the WP on the HSI/UFC but did not input the elevation. 

I'll give it a go when I get back home from work.

Yep, confirm that was it - put the elevation in and it worked perfectly.

I got confused because the Harrier INS seems to know the elevation of every piece of terrain in DCS and you never need to punch in elevation