F86 radar gunsight solution incorrect

some1

Thanks NineLine,

They are very sensitive to negative G too. Every once and a while I'll jam them up just as I line up on a low six surprise, because I overshoot a bit. A tiny bit of pressure on the sitck and bang, no guns for 5 minutes and a mad dive to lower altitude. "Selected" gun heat would help bring them back too but I need to practice that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

On 1/6/2022 at 4:13 PM, NineLine said:

I know you guys get tired of hearing the same thing, but I will do my best to see if its something someone can take some time to do.

You're doing your job, so none of the frustration is on you, bud. Thanks for this.

• Like 3

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 2:40 PM, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

It's obscene how long this has taken. If this is the kind of attention gunfighters are due, WEW I have a hard time recommending the WWII side to newbies.

Theres many reasons not to recommend DCS WW2 to anyone (many reasons to do the opposite in fact too), however this isn't one of them. While the WW2 bullet is too slow in comparison to real life counterpart it does harmonise with the K14 far better than the F86s.

https://gfycat.com/quarterlyshamefulirishdraughthorse

https://gfycat.com/impartiallonecirriped

https://gfycat.com/biodegradablerespectfulasianporcupine

gifs courtesy of Shallot, not my content

On 1/7/2022 at 9:13 AM, NineLine said:

Yes, overheating is the change I am looking for, its on my list to bump when the team gets back, I know you guys get tired of hearing the same thing, but I will do my best to see if its something someone can take some time to do.

Mate you're doing your best and we're all appreciative of your efforts.

Edited by EnvyC

• 2 weeks later...

The older thread was closed before any confirmation of fix was announced so bumping this one now!

This old thread was started in May 2, 2016.  It's now 2022 and in this new thread started April 9. On Dec 9, 2021 , it's getting another push/kick. 

Frankly, this "still being investigated" status is disappointing at best. The investigation has been done in truth, a resolution testing and verified and yet the official module seemingly cannot be updated. 

S!

Joker 

Edited by JokerMan
spelling
  • Like 9

On 1/6/2022 at 10:13 PM, NineLine said:

Yes, overheating is the change I am looking for, its on my list to bump when the team gets back, I know you guys get tired of hearing the same thing, but I will do my best to see if its something someone can take some time to do.

Nineline,

Can you confirm;

a) that the bullet speed has been accepted as wrong

b) that the barrel warp from overheating has been accepted as wrong

c) that the two things are NOT the same issue, and while linked, either one alone is not the cause of the woes reported for the past 5+ years?

d) That a fix to both a and b is technically possible

e) The time required to do so.

Having bought the Sabre a number of times for Squadron mates, I am somewhat aggrieved that it STILL does not work as expected and promised, it simply is not fit for purpose. (Yes, in all other regards the module is wonderful, but if I wanted a cockpit simulator and a flight model only, I'd have bought a civilian flight sim...)

You have, for YEARS strung us along with false promises, it's always "Jam Tomorrow". If you personally cannot get this achieved (and the evidence would suggest you're not important enough to do so), then who can? How do we escalate this? Do I have to track down Nick Grey in person and try to persuade him to honour his commitments?

• Like 8

• ED Team

The issue is reported, the team has not had time to get back to it yet. Management was noted on the report, but we just haven't had time to get back to it.

I appreciate your frustrations, but saying things like I have made false promises or I am not important enough to get your bug looked at is not fair or helpful, I would assure you that Nick is aware, but again, its just not had development time to get it done. You can try and hunt him down, but I think its not an approach that will help. 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

10 hours ago, NineLine said:

The issue is reported, the team has not had time to get back to it yet. Management was noted on the report, but we just haven't had time to get back to it.

I appreciate your frustrations, but saying things like I have made false promises or I am not important enough to get your bug looked at is not fair or helpful, I would assure you that Nick is aware, but again, its just not had development time to get it done. You can try and hunt him down, but I think its not an approach that will help. 

Thanks Nineline for not answering any of the questions posed. So the official position is that 5 years is not enough time to squash a bug? Good to know. I'll check back in next week and see if that's been long enough. And so on.

• Like 6