[REPORTED] MiG-19 radar gunsight solution incorrect

some1

It is not possible to hit a target using the radar sight, even a non evading one. All bullets fly behind the target.

I set up a mission with AI set to a constant, level, 3g turn. I followed the target with a stable tracking solution, zeroed closure rate, textbook conditions. Yet despite that all bullets miss, even at the minimal range of 300m. The bigger the distance, the bigger the error. Track attached.

Screen_210409_232907.jpg

Screenshot 2021-04-10 101438.jpg

I managed to score a hit only below minimum distance ("wychod" lamp on) and only because the target got so big, that when aiming for the cockpit I hit the engines. 

Screen_210409_232922.jpg

19.trk

• Like 3

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• myHelljumper changed the title to [REPORTED] MiG-19 radar gunsight solution incorrect
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Snappy said:

Just tested in the latest version of open beta and the issue is still  there. Any ETA on the fix?

Kind regards,

Snappy

Indeed, my accuracy was so abysmal, I started to use the sight caged only. Part of misses is my fault, because I am rubbish shot, but strangely I hit more consistently just eyeballing it.

Edited by Fairey Gannet

• 1 year later...
On 5/28/2021 at 9:25 AM, myHelljumper said:

Work is ongoing on this issue.

@myHelljumper any update on progress on this issue? Can you push it internally? It’s a critical system for the Mig-19 modules in my opinion 
Your message was more than two years ago.

thank you, kind regards.

Snappy

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

Since somebody from Razbam on their Discord claims that it's been fixed for ages. No it wasn't. It's as bad in the latest DCS version as it was 3 years ago. New track attacked.

300 meters and I'm not hitting anything.

Screen_240306_093501.jpg

Screen_240306_093529.jpg

19-2.trk

Edited by some1
  • Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Posted (edited)

The radar gunsight does not use wingspan setting, it's only for visual aiming without radar lock.

Edited by some1
  • Like 2

That's not how any gunsight works. Wingspan is not an input to a ballistic solution. It's only for the pilot to visually estimate range to target. Which he does not do if there is a radar lock, like in this case.

• Like 1

Yes,yes you are right.So,try to leave wingspan on 15 m and after lock try to change range from target(slightly)When everything is OK, the piper must correctly frame target.If not.something is vrong

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...