A-10A Guided Bombs

Callsign

The A-10A did indeed use laser guided bombs during the 1980s, albeit, with buddy lasing for guidance from like an F-16. I really think our A-10A in DCS should have them. The GBU series will add to the existing versatility of the A-10A, as well as expand the range of missions we can fly it on. Fairchild Republic A-10A

Edited by Callsign
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Prob too much to ask, but the ability to change the laser code (on the kneeboard, like the F16) would be great. Maybe not 100% realistic for bombs underwing, but 

Ideally it would affect the Pave Penny and any GBUs fitted. That would allow us to use something other than the magic 1113 code.

Maybe not 100% realistic for bombs underwing, but inflight code change would be realistic for the pave penny without adding too much complexity.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, X_legio said:

I accept to pay some extra bucks for an improved version of the A10 A

Then I can recommend the (nearly) full simulated A-10C or A-10C II.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Il 12/6/2021 at 12:40, AstonMartinDBS ha scritto:

Then I can recommend the (nearly) full simulated A-10C or A-10C II.

Thank you but for my everyday life it's too complicate.

An A 10a with a couple of guided weapons is more easy to manage, historically correct, and more fun  

• Like 2

I would agree with AstonMartinDBS: for full fidelity A-10: go for C model. A model is supposed to be easy to use FC3 plane (and that is its main strenght, and I think that's why its still popular), C is full fidelity. BUT at the same  time it would be great feature to have LGBs on A-10A.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
39 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I will ask the team, but can not promise anything

I appreciate that and understand that you cannot promise anything. While you are asking, if they are able to do it, setting the bombs to laser code 1688 would be most convenient. It doesn't necessarily need the ability to change the code. 1688 is the default in the Combined Arms module and in the F-5.

Thanks 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jascha said:

Since we can use GBU-12's with JTAC on F-5E, I think it's a reasonable request that such option will also be provided for A-10A users. Unless not, because it's FC3.

Have A-10As ever been equipped with Paveways IRL?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 7:56 AM, BIGNEWY said:

I will ask the team, but can not promise anything

@BIGNEWY Adding LGBs and NVGs would be a huge step in making the A-10A more realistic. It would also make it easier to convince my friends to buy the FC3 DLC 😉 

@OP thank you for finally addressing this issue

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/5/2022 at 4:40 PM, =475FG= Dawger said:

I appreciate that and understand that you cannot promise anything. While you are asking, if they are able to do it, setting the bombs to laser code 1688 would be most convenient. It doesn't necessarily need the ability to change the code. 1688 is the default in the Combined Arms module and in the F-5.

Thanks 

If 1688 is used for the bombs, the Pave Penny laser spotter should also be set to it. Currently it works only when lasing with code 1113:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1005259316372193340/1051354686617292911/unknown.png

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...