Connector cable TM Warthog joystick broken. Repair or replace?

CooperS

Hi. The wire between the board and connector of the joystick is broken. So I am doubting if there are options to fix that. If I can buy the full cable + connectors on both sides. It could be possible. But I think space is very limited. So bid hard to replace. Has somebody experience if this is possible and where to get the parts?

Other option is to just replace the full bottom. I see thats €150.- Question is if fixing it yourself will not be close to that price and will not break again. 

4B18438F-8B09-4686-9F68-8AB3ED2DDEF4.jpeg

F7E730AC-9750-42A9-A14C-6A654C052D88.jpeg

Best solution would be purchasing a WarBRD base if you're ready to spend 150,-€ anyways. The WarBRD base is not much more expensive than that and you won't regret. For replacement parts i would contact TM support. 

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

It's a bit difficult to see on those pictures what's broken exactly. Not possible to solder/replace the broken wire?

If not an no replacement, i would go what VpR81 suggests.

Pro's: ... a LOT smoother gimbal movement and Virpil WarBRD base can be configured so that TM software still think a TM base is attached.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 weeks later...

You can send the DIN connector to me and I can ship it back with a new cable installed, you'd have to fish it through and install.

I'm worried as it looks like you plugged the HALL sensor there to the wrong socket, hope you didnt try to plug that to USB.

Otherwise I can sell you just the cable, which won't have coloured strands, and you will need to run it through and solder to the DIN connector.

Same price as repair of PCB for either option. (search bricked warthog on ebay)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same thing happened to me, bought a replacement DIN and cable with connector from Thrustmaster, arrived in 2 weeks and installed. Can’t remember exact cost but it was very cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

• 2 months later...

The same thing just happen to me too. Push buttons suddenly started acting weird as i moved the stick around, then i saw this thread, so i took the DIN out to check, but the space is extremely tight, i couldn't tell if any cable is disconnected, i reinstalled the DIN and this time no button works, so i guess it was indeed the DIN connector. Is there a way somehow i can take it out of the base so i can solder the wires until TM support replies?

EDIT: fixed it. it was indeed one cable from the DIN connector cut.

Edited by Gregkar

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

I ordered a new Circuit board for My Joystiick and it is doing the same thing My old board did.   My OS version of Win is 

Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H1
Installed on    ‎8/‎9/‎2021
OS build    19043.1151

And it has not updated for 10 weeks and I only get Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick BULK version 
and the drivers are from 2 4 2011.    Some on the Web say drivers are not needed ?

You cannot contact TM by phone and cust svc is pretty bad at answering questions, but not as much as Microsoft is now...

2021-10-25_15-51-00   driver now installed for joystick.jpg

board.jpg

PCB White clip.jpeg

Throttle is only thing showing up now 2021-10-25_13-56-17.jpg

TM JOYSTICK shows on usb.jpg

TM joystick.jpg