DCS freezes with HP Reverb every 10 minutes

pappavis

My DCS freezes every <>10 minutes in VR for 18 to 21 seconds, with cockpit sound continuing in a loop. I'm using a HP Reverb.

VR flying is absolutely impossible, let alone any dogfighting!

The freeze only happens in VR, and only with DCS. None of my other VR-games suffers. I played Half-Life: Alyx with no freezes.

My DCS is installed on 1Tb SSD with 250Gb free space, my C-drive has 3,4Gb free.

i've tried:

- Setting all DCS gfx settings to Low.  Didn't solve it.

- Updating Nvidea drivers to latest version. Didn't solve it.

- Setting my WMR refresh to 90Hz. Didn'ts olve it.

- Reinstalled DCS disabling all mods & skins. Didn't solve it.

- ALL of the above combined. Didn't solve it.

Computer specs:

- Intel i9-9900k with 32Gb RAM, RTX 2070 videocard etc., enough HD-space availale.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I keep thinking about that 3.4 gb free on your C drive ...

Have you tried moving your pagefile to the 1TB drive ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

What worked for me was bringing down my Vram usage, via lowering my resolution down by a lot and using super sampling from my oculus to bring the image quality back up, also lowering textures and draw distances. Once you get it to run stable at ultra low settings, you can turn things up one by one to see where your limit is.

Edited by [̲̅D][̲̅A][̲̅T][̲̅A]

• 6 months later...

SOLVED.

Solution:
1. Unplug the Reverb completely from your computer both USB & Displayport.
2. Go to Windows Settings, Apps, then uninstall Windows Mixed Reality.
3. Reboot
4. Reconnect the Reverb And let Windows Mixed Reality get installed again.
5. Configure controllers , room size etc
6. Install Steam VR & Windows Mixed Reality for Steam if it isnt installed already.
7. Start DCS.  ENJOY flying with zero freezes!! 😀

Edited by pappavis
  • Like 1

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Well done - might try this for my issues with tracking.

• Like 1

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

Since i have the same problem im gonna recycle this Thread. 

I tried to follow those steps to uninstall WMR and so on but it didnt work out for me.
The thing which makes me curious is the following: 
To save some Video Memory i installed an Empty Room for the WMR Application. 
But when i uninstalled as described and reinstalled it, that empty room was still there. 
So this makes me wonder if i had to remove some more stuff to get a clean reinstall. 

Any suggestions on how to remove that WMR really without stuff left back?

9 hours ago, Delareon said:

Since i have the same problem im gonna recycle this Thread. 

I tried to follow those steps to uninstall WMR and so on but it didnt work out for me.
The thing which makes me curious is the following: 
To save some Video Memory i installed an Empty Room for the WMR Application. 
But when i uninstalled as described and reinstalled it, that empty room was still there. 
So this makes me wonder if i had to remove some more stuff to get a clean reinstall. 

Any suggestions on how to remove that WMR really without stuff left back?

Watch This for some help on getting some of your VRAM back for use in DCS.

Please read my post again. 
The Problem is not the VRAM, the Problem are the Freezes and that there is still stuff left after uninstalling WMR which makes me curious what to do for a clean reinstall of WMR and hopefully no more Freezes.