F10 view causes heading error

USAF-Falcon87

Hi,

I’ve recently started flying the Su-25T again while helping a new pilot learn the game and I’ve noticed a weird behavior with aircraft heading. While inflight, after I check my F10 map, the aircraft heading on the HUD and HSI is off by 40 to 70 degrees when I come back to a cockpit view. For example, if I am flying due north then switch to F10 view, when I return the headings would read something like 050. The plane’s heading as displayed in the data block on the f10 view is correct, but the heading indicators remain inaccurate until I change aircraft.

Doesn’t necessarily happen the first time I hit F10, but it happens eventually.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Edited by USAF-Falcon87

• USAF-Falcon87 changed the title to F10 view causes heading error
On 4/14/2021 at 10:52 PM, Glow said:

How fast have you take-off? You need to give some time for the navigation systems get aligned, 3min at last. If you move to fast it will behave like in you describe.

This. Have torn my hair many times because of this.

Turn on electronics and start engines, wait 3 minutes before moving the aircraft.

• Thanks 1

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I found this digging forum or in other manuals from Su25 or MiG29. There is nothing about this in the Su-25T manual. 

If you follow official procedure step by step, you should be save from this. I think, that's the lesson from module authors. Know and follow procedures, even so simple like those for Grach.

You should first start the left engine, wait until it will get on a proper rpm and then start running the right engine. All this will take about those 3min.

Edited by Glow