2.7 Tomcat Patch 14-04-2021 Feedback Thread

IronMike

As always, dear everyone, we would love to get your feedback. Our apologies that some of your most wanted features like Forrestal, early A and the performance fix did not make it in yet. We need a bit more time with these and thank you for your kind patience. We will also publish a more indepth update about the recent development in the house Heatblur soon. 

Below please find the changelog, and as always thank you very much for your awesome feedback and support!

DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations 14-04-2021

• NEW!: JESTER speed awareness callouts during BFM:
    • Added over 1000 variations of speed callouts.
    • Jester will provide speed awareness calls during BFM.
    • Jester will advise of slow and fast speeds, as well as corner speed.
  • Added OP Reforger COOP missions.
  • Added new weather to all Quickstart, Singleplayer, Coop and Campaign Missions.
  • Complete overhaul of all Quickstart, Singleplayer, Coop and Campaign Missions.
  • Fixes to OP Reforger Campaign Missions.
  • Added new weather and fixes to Training Missions.
  • Fixed JESTER wire call on the SuperCarrier being errant.
  • RWR threat library adjusted to account for new Chinese assets.
  • Threat library correction: Type 052B was Type 052C.
  • Fixed kneeboard showing wrong loadout for human RIO in multicrew.
  • Adjusted clickable areas to trigger fire bottles and fire handles.
  • DLC no longer overrides spoiler brake operation on ground.
  • Fixed both fuel flow tape flags being linked to the same engine.
  • Reduced starting temperature of TF-30 engine oil.
  • Fixed corruption in misc texture.
  • Fixed canopy jettison not appearing properly in the cockpit.
  • Corrected animation of RIO Canopy jettison handle.
  • CRT Overlay mask no longer visible when VDI is off.
  • Flap damage should now reset on repair.
  • Fixed ejection seats being visible after ejection in LoD2.
  • Afterburner sound now fades in with a higher stage of the TF-30 AB.
  • Fixed static internal intake whine in F-14A.
  • Increased intensity of dynamic intake whine in F-14A.
  • Reduced volume of baseline engine sounds in F-14A.
  • Slightly reduced volume of ordnance release kuhklunch sound to account for new sound compressor.
  • Fixed ordnance and missile release thump / kuhklunch sound not playing.
  • Reduced lift due to ground effect.
  • Reduced stab effectiveness due to ground effect
  • Increased pitch with power effects.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 8

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• IronMike changed the title to 2.7 Patch 14-04-2021 Feedback Thread
  • IronMike pinned this topic

In the back seat, the TF-30 intake whine produces a notable "looping" sound to my ear in the A model. It becomes very distracting very quickly as my brain latches onto it and can't stop hearing it.

• Thanks 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

• IronMike changed the title to 2.7 Tomcat Patch 14-04-2021 Feedback Thread
37 minutes ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

In the back seat, the TF-30 intake whine produces a notable "looping" sound to my ear in the A model. It becomes very distracting very quickly as my brain latches onto it and can't stop hearing it.

Sounds like a priority fix - thanks for the feedback!

• Like 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Still downloading the upgrade, but from the release logs I can say it is missing the early F-14A variants as it was promised many months ago that it would be out at the end of winter. Very much looking for it, perhaps in the next release?? Other than that, thanks as always for a great module. It's a pleasure to fly the Tomcat.

Edited by Shahriar0

I just wanted to say "thank you" for introducing the speed awareness calls. I really find them useful to maintain situational awareness in a fight. Just one question, and I hope that I don't come across as greedy, are there also plans for Jester calling out g's?

Thanks again for the useful addition,

Cepheus

1 hour ago, Zaneboy said:

Entering a steerpoint from the map in the jester menu and then selecting the waypoint causes a CTD since 2.7.

Thank you for the feedback. Was that Single or Multiplayer? Did it happen once, or does it happen every time?

Thank you.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

2 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Thank you for the feedback. Was that Single or Multiplayer? Did it happen once, or does it happen every time?

Thank you.

I and some friends also have this problem. Only occurs in the Multiplayer mode.

37 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Thank you.

In my case it was in MP. A friend in the same server also in a cat had CTD's as well when he tried it. He had it multiple times until he figured out it was due to the aforementioned reason.

So, I know most things AI are tied to the ED side of the house, but some things I noticed taking screenshots today:

- AI Tomcat flight launched off of Supercarrier, the flaps/slats were constantly "popping" between deployed and retracted, during climb out.

- AI Tomcat flight in level flight, wings were "flapping" between the various flex animation positions.

- AI Tomcat flight wingman in 2-ship formation was flying at a nose-down attitude, while still apparently flying level formation with flight lead.

And something I'm not sure if I missed but I haven't been noticing wings sweeping at high speeds with AI Tomcat flights, as I thought I did before. Wingmen of player formation follow your configuration but some AI flights at 450-500 knots were still bumping along wings well forwards.

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Popped under the cloud layer on a quick F-14B Syria case I Instant Action with a big grin. Noticed the sound of the tires hitting (?) Was new. Jester called bolter though it was a 4 wire.  Still getting used to Slaws but parked ok.  

The Reflected Zone 5 Pitching Deck mission was taking forever and DCS froze at about 90%. Relaunched game and loaded one of F-14A missions and it was changed to an F-14B until I went in the ME and changed it back (weapons & armament needed to be reset).... glad the persistent whine is gone.

Both versions felt a bit more... energetic on stick roll. Most noticeable on cat launch. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

18 minutes ago, makosch said:

When Trapping Day or Night Case 1 or Case 3 Jester always calls Bolter, even if I get an OK 3 Wire from the LSO. Does anyone else get that? I used love his comments upon landing...

This was in the patch notes, maybe the fix didn't take or something new got introduced:

• Fixed JESTER wire call on the SuperCarrier being errant.
  •  

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

Thank you.

I posted about this in the bug subforum and attached my log file.

I tested it in SP and it works, but as soon as you try it in MP it CTDs. 

Manually entering waypoints with Jester wheel works in both SP and MP.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

So, I know most things AI are tied to the ED side of the house, but some things I noticed taking screenshots today:

- AI Tomcat flight launched off of Supercarrier, the flaps/slats were constantly "popping" between deployed and retracted, during climb out.

- AI Tomcat flight in level flight, wings were "flapping" between the various flex animation positions.

- AI Tomcat flight wingman in 2-ship formation was flying at a nose-down attitude, while still apparently flying level formation with flight lead.

And something I'm not sure if I missed but I haven't been noticing wings sweeping at high speeds with AI Tomcat flights, as I thought I did before. Wingmen of player formation follow your configuration but some AI flights at 450-500 knots were still bumping along wings well forwards.

These were fixed but with the wing oversweep bug broke so late before release, that the fix just didnt make it in anymore unfortunately. So it will be fixed with the next hotfix/patch, whichever comes first. Our apologies for that.

Thank you all for your feedback so far!

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

These were fixed but with the wing oversweep bug broke so late before release, that the fix just didnt make it in anymore unfortunately. So it will be fixed with the next hotfix/patch, whichever comes first. Our apologies for that.

Thank you all for your feedback so far!

That is so cool. We can sample flying now using fuselage lift only. What fun! Wings are for kiddies!

Viewpoints are my own.

Plane appears to have some sort of CTD/lock issue.

Spawned in a B, game crashed; next startup, B loaded in fine.

Spawned in A, FPS dropped about 50%

Attempted to spawn back in B, game crashed.

Have had 3 people confirm this happening.

So.... F14 is broke again, severely.

This was in multiplayer.

Edited by XCNuse