2.7 Tomcat Patch 14-04-2021 Feedback Thread

IronMike

35 minutes ago, LASooner said:

The BFM calls along with the bandit calls seem a bit disjointed, one second he's panicked the next he's calling me Dale Earnhardt and to slow down.

I don't know how you fix that, but it does break the immersion when his emotions are flailing all over the place.

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook Plus using Tapatalk

This is done on purpose, because it is two different mindsets and over time calls like "240" etc could be mistaken as directional calls if done on the same level. Think of it like him taking a moment of breath when he calls out speeds, while gearing it up when calling the bandit to get your attention. I can see how not everyone might like that, and I've been pondering it for a long time back and forth, but ultimately found it to be the best solution. For those to whom it appears a bit jarring, I think and hope that you will get used to it in not too long a time.

It is a concept of relief, which is also used with the comic relief intermissions of his like "piece of candy" etc. - just on a more frequent basis. We tried to time the intervals such though, that it fits into moments of "taking a breath". Lastly having the speed calls on high intensity like the directional calls, would just have him scream all the time, which over time, believe me, becomes annoying and also immersion breaking, because no one is on 180 kmh all the time.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I just want to say thank you so much for fixing the AIM-54 and AIM-7 guidence, it is soooo nice to have missiles that function as expected. There are still some random desync issues, and the AI still go defensive for TWS launches, but the missiles do what they are supposed to and it makes a world of difference

2 hours ago, Saber2243 said:

I just want to say thank you so much for fixing the AIM-54 and AIM-7 guidence, it is soooo nice to have missiles that function as expected. There are still some random desync issues, and the AI still go defensive for TWS launches, but the missiles do what they are supposed to and it makes a world of difference

You sure about this? I did not see anything mentioned in the patch notes? 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Hm, my AIM-7M goes dumb every time i shoot them against an ECM capable aircraft...still in 2.7...still no comment from HB if this is known, worked on, was reported to ED or that they will have a look into it after some more important things....

If i had made the bug report over a month ago i would guess i'm on their ignore list 😂 but i did not open that thread...

If this sounds like a rant - it isn't. I just would appreciate some sort of feedback on that topic. 🍻

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

My two notes for the F-14B:

1)  Still noticably underperforming in Ps=0 (STR)

2) Maneuver devices still don't deploy starting at M 0.58 as they should (won't come out till you're at least as low as M 0.51 atm)

Issue number 1 isn't a surprise, as there was no mention of any change here in the patch notes, however number 2 is a surprise as I recall Creason saying he corrected it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

You sure about this? I did not see anything mentioned in the patch notes? 

I am very sure, the Aim-7M issue with jammers non-widthstanding, the Aim-54 now properly goes active on lost tracks, it goes active immediately and properly after a pulse-stt launch, and the aim-7mh lofts correctly for long shots and doesn't loft for short range shots 

I am very sure, the Aim-7M issue with jammers non-widthstanding, the Aim-54 now properly goes active on lost tracks, it goes active immediately and properly after a pulse-stt launch, and the aim-7mh lofts correctly for long shots and doesn't loft for short range shots 

Are you sure about the AIM-7M? Against what target and what setting for that target? Would be nice to have some info. I did test it against a Su-24M(AG task, no loadout) because it's part of my CAP training mission and at "long(>10nm)" distance the AIM-7M will loft but never hit the target and at "short(<8nm)" distance the missile goes straight never hitting the target.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

1 hour ago, unknown said:

Are you sure about the AIM-7M? Against what target and what setting for that target? Would be nice to have some info. I did test it against a Su-24M(AG task, no loadout) because it's part of my CAP training mission and at "long(>10nm)" distance the AIM-7M will loft but never hit the target and at "short(<8nm)" distance the missile goes straight never hitting the target.

PD and P STT against a MIG-29A, I am using the MH not the M, the M shouldn't be lofting at all

6 hours ago, Saber2243 said:

Weird, I had the 7MH loft for a 5nm headon high closure shot. In multiplayer.

7 hours ago, JackPinMV said:

After the 2.7 update there was a tiny update like a day later 

That was - i believe - only an update for the updater itself.

6 hours ago, Saber2243 said:

PD and P STT against a MIG-29A, I am using the MH not the M, the M shouldn't be lofting at all

Thanks, will test some more. The M always lofted for me against targets in the 2.5.6 version if it didn't went dumb after leaving the rail....(no mods installed btw.)

Tonight a bunch of guys from the wing (vCSG-3) had our Friday Night Fight... All the Tomcats (A and B) would freeze on spawn around ~50% of the time, requiring a hard restart to fix. I flew maybe 8 times, had the freeze 3 times. Others had more freezes with similar amounts of flights. Seems intermittent. This is on Caucuses, just an empty map with maybe 20 jets total spawnable, no more than 2 in the air at a time. RIOs would randomly freeze as well when the jet spawned.

Edit: We have NO mods that affect the Tomcat.

Edited by Awesomejlee
Clarification

9 hours ago, Saber2243 said:

It works against the Mig-29A because that plane has no ECM, if you replace the 29A with a Mig-29S all my AIM-7M missed(20nm, 15nm, 10nm, 5nm tested).

I had to copy and change the loadout(ME) to replace the AIM-7M with AIM-7MH, hitting start(ME) resulted in my first DCS crash after updating to 2.7 (last one was a couple months ago because of a F-18/Harpoon bug).

But after restarting DCS setting everything up again in the ME that missile(AIM-7MH) was tracking and killing the Mig-29S. 

Attached the DCS.log from the crash, this happend only once so far, it looks like DCS had some problems loading F-14 rio asset stuff.

I use no mods, did delete my fxo/metashader2 folder and run Repair of DCS after updating to 2.7(precaution to verify files).

dcs.log

2 minutes ago, unknown said:

It works against the Mig-29A because that plane has no ECM, if you replace the 29A with a Mig-29S all my AIM-7M missed(20nm, 15nm, 10nm, 5nm tested).

I had to copy and change the loadout(ME) to replace the AIM-7M with AIM-7MH, hitting start(ME) resulted in my first DCS crash after updating to 2.7 (last one was a couple months ago because of a F-18/Harpoon bug).

But after restarting DCS setting everything up again in the ME that missile(AIM-7MH) was tracking and killing the Mig-29S. 

Attached the DCS.log from the crash, this happend only once so far, it looks like DCS had some problems loading F-14 rio asset stuff.

I use no mods, did delete my fxo/metashader2 folder and run Repair of DCS after updating to 2.7(precaution to verify files).

dcs.log 114.33 kB · 1 download

So you agree though that the MH works as expected

19 minutes ago, Saber2243 said:

So you agree though that the MH works as expected

I did only test once with the -7MH against one Mig-29S but that test worked. 👍 I will test against the Su-24m now(part of my CAP training mission). 

But it still is strange why the AIM-7M is missing against ECM capable targets in the F-14 but if the missile is fired from an F-15C or F-18 it will hit the ECM capable target. 🤔

EDIT: The AIM-7MH also worked against Su-24M and TU-95 but unfortunately DCS crashed again on my second try to test(same mission). Considering this only happend with the F-14 and funny way only with the -7MH so far, earlier tests with the -7M went without crash, but could be coincidence.

dcs2.log

Edited by unknown

5 hours ago, Nobody Special said:

AIM-7 sparrows will not track on any target as far as I can tell. I've tested AIM-7M and AIM-7F, mostly against MiG-27s but not exclusively.

I fired about 6 Sparrows yesterday, in SP against AI, and all of them hit (with the F-14). Targets were MiG-21/23/29.
With the Hornet, 1 out of 6 missed since it went after a ghost contact on the radar.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset