2.7 Viggen Patch 14-04-2021 Feedback Thread

IronMike

Dear all, in light of our promise to interact a bit more with the Viggen subforum as well, we'd like to offer a patch feedback thread here as well. This patch brings many changes and fixes to the Viggen, but this is just the first of our pushes towards a full Release status. We would like to thank you again for your very kind patience with us, it is much appreciated - getting the Viggen squared away is our top priority.

Thank you also for your honest feedback and continued support! Please find the changelog below.

DCS: AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• NEW: Added the ability to load runway headings on map markers, like so: L1 180 - this is useful for road bases and other ad-hoc fields.
  • Added EP-13 Brightness and Contrast controls to cockpit model
  • Added missing EP-13 Brt/Contrast label
  • Fixed MIKBAND clickable area being too large
  • Fixed direction of arrow on radio panel
  • Fixed appearance of Navigation Light orbs
  • Improved smoothness of fabric coverings on glareshield and surrounding areas
  • Significantly improved readability of weapon selector switches - especially with lowered texture settings.
  • Fixed white formation lights being constantly on regardless of power or switch position.
  • Fixed appearance of white formation lights (orb shader)
  • Decreased cast attenuation range of navigation lights on the airframe
  • Decreased intensity of fin illumination lights
  • Reduced intensity of anti-collision light
  • Increased visibility of anti-collision light flipbook textures
  • Moved position of fast erect button
  • Added “fake mirrors” (ala F-14) to mirrors when they are off - instead of just appearing black/grey.
  • Tilted EP-13 sight and tube towards pilot head for more neutral aiming position
  • Adjusted EP-13 clipping masks
  • Fixed rudder pedal mechanism clipping into the floor.
  • Fixed rudder pedal pedestal base clipping
  • Removed floating screws near pedals
  • Added proper afterburner visual effects to human-controlled aircraft
  • Adjusted afterburner effects inside exhaust for human-controlled aircraft
  • Added Heatblur effect when afterburner is in use
  • Added RB75 tutorial mission
  • Added clickable area for the CI filter
  • Fixed loading image not appearing
  • Updated mission 2 of The Mjolnir Response
  • Updated airborne intercept mission frequencies
  • Fixed typos on various SP mission names
  • Updated C-130 spawns on basic navigation tutorial
  • Updated weapon display names
  • Updated Airborne intercept mission frequencies
  • Updated mission 8 Springfield 2 behaviour.
  • Changed HUD brightness knob gains
  • Updated RB-04 warhead for new ASM DCS parameters
  • Fixed taxi-light MP sync.
  • Fixed 6DOF head movement limitations in the cockpit
  • Corrected oddly repeating / clipped texture on right-hand side of cockpit near IFF panel
  • Corrected FLI night lighting on the FLI ball always being on.
  • Fixed excessive “shininess” (roughness) on FLI ball baked AO
  • Changed shader for FLI lighting and adjusted intensity
  • Fixed flipped knee maps on in-cockpit pilot
  • Mattified cover glass pieces in cockpit
  • Fixed slightly incorrect shape of EP-13 glass
  • Improved appearance of EP-13 glass textures and shader
  • Fixed missing smoothing groups on interior of radarscope wall.
  • Roll Trim Center button is now clickable
  • Fixed RAT hydraulics sticking through into intake
  • Fixed secondary LoDs not loading due to argument number assert
  • Fixed toe-brake pedal animation not appearing
  • Fixed various needles lacking night lighting illumination
  • Fixed mirrored warning panel textures and incorrect non illuminated text.
  • Fixed some texture repetition on the warning panel area.
  • Fake radar bloom now scales accurately with radar brightness
  • Fixed FLI Roll indicator moving in the wrong direction
  • Slightly tweaked landing light intensity
  • Fixed inoperative cabin pressure indicator
  • Slightly reduced bloom emissivity on lights and indicators
  • Adjusted all instant action missions for new weather rendering system
  • Fixed Anti-collision light sprite MP sync
  • Updated “Mjolnir Response” and “Wrath of Thunder” campaigns with new weather presets.
  • Made emergency trim switches spring-loaded

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• IronMike changed the title to 2.7 Viggen Patch 14-04-2021 Feedback Thread
  • IronMike pinned this topic

Some really good updates! Have only flown 30 minutes yet but this looks solid. I also noticed that the black smoke is finally gone when using AB 🤟

Btw, the cockpit and HUD brightness are much better now!

• Like 3

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

25 minutes ago, Polonio78 said:

I have noticed that the afterburner turns off above 13k meters.
Returning below 13k meters it comes back (all three lights on) but it does not give thrust at all.

old bug, please look here if your situation fits to the ones described in this topic:
https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/188454-fixed-ajs-37-viggen-afterburner-issue/?tab=comments#comment-188495

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

25 minutes ago, Polonio78 said:

Yes, it's the same bug.

I have never had this problem before. I flew the viggen at high altitude just two days ago.

I struggle with this information, because IMHO the bug that the AB always goes out at 14k was never fixed (despite it was marked as FIXED).

It currently have no information about what exactly was fixed.

I think HB might have meant that re-light is again possible below that altitude after their fix (at least this is what I can see right now in latest 2.5.6.OB).

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

16 minutes ago, TOViper said:

I struggle with this information, because IMHO the bug that the AB always goes out at 14k was never fixed (despite it was marked as FIXED).

It currently have no information about what exactly was fixed.

I think HB might have meant that re-light is again possible below that altitude after their fix (at least this is what I can see right now in latest 2.5.6.OB).

IICR that was indeed the "fix". Being able to relight it again.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

I love the new afterburner effect, from the stage 1 warm glow up to stage 3 Godzilla's breath.

DCS just crashed the second time I loaded a Create Fast Mission using the Viggen.  It worked ok the first time.  We'll see if this was just a fluke, hopefully.

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

1 hour ago, Machalot said:

DCS just crashed the second time I loaded a Create Fast Mission using the Viggen.  It worked ok the first time.  We'll see if this was just a fluke, hopefully.

No, loading a mission a second time crashes DCS currently 😕

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/267836-2704625-open-beta-crash-at-second-mission-load/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-4626229

Edited by TOViper

my computer:

58 minutes ago, Quatapus said:

Still no number 3 on the number 3 radio button

And the radio group number indicators don't illuminate with the panel lighting. They still have some art issues to work out in that part of the cockpit.

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Could you kindly take a look at this? After updating to 2.7 I'm seing this in some instant action missions, for example "Offensive counter air" and"  tank busting "

image.png

image.png

The Glass edges /Frame of the HUD is missing.

Any idea what might be causing this? In other missions I don't have the problem.

I'm using no mods, except the A-4E and I cleared my shaders folders after updating to 2.7

Also I didn't change any graphic settings after updating.
No problems before in version 2.56.x

Also, should the placard above the EP13 brightness and controls selectors look like this?

image.png

Regards,
Snappy

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Snappy said:

Could you kindly take a look at this? After updating to 2.7 I'm seing this in some instant action missions, for example "Offensive counter air" and"  tank busting "

image.png

image.png

The Glass edges /Frame of the HUD is missing.

Any idea what might be causing this? In other missions I don't have the problem.

I'm using no mods, except the A-4E and I cleared my shaders folders after updating to 2.7

Also I didn't change any graphic settings after updating.
No problems before in version 2.56.x

Also, should the placard above the EP13 brightness and controls selectors look like this?

image.png

Regards,
Snappy

There should be text there. Here is a photo I found:

image_2021-04-15_201758.png

And while I'm at it... 😉

image_2021-04-15_201948.png

Edited by frosen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

1 hour ago, frosen said:

There should be text there. Here is a photo I found:

image_2021-04-15_201758.png

And while I'm at it... 😉

image_2021-04-15_201948.png

Yeah I thought so, but sorry just to get it clear: Frosen, are you saying there should be a text there, but it is not in DCS in general at the moment due to a bug ?
Or do you see the EP13 controls text on your installation and I'm having a texture issue on my system only ?

I know the countermeasure switch in the 2nd picture used to be labelled wrong in DCS . But thats a seperate issue.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

35 minutes ago, Snappy said:

Yeah I thought so, but sorry just to get it clear: Frosen, are you saying there should be a text there, but it is not in DCS in general at the moment due to a bug ?
Or do you see the EP13 controls text on your installation and I'm having a texture issue on my system only ?

I'm saying IRL the controls have text labels but they are not present in DCS.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, gcze said:

Viggen work only in single player. CTD on enter slot, start mission, each server. 

I have done some testing in multiplayer, and it seems to work fine on some servers.
On each of the tested servers I have made at least three attempts at spawning a Viggen, and rebooted the game after each attempt.

A list of the tested servers and what happened (Y = works, N = crashes, Y/N = works sometimes, crashes others):

Server Name Outcome
Growling Sidewinder Open Conflict 1 of 4 Caucasus Y/N*
Aerobatics Online Caucasus Y
DCS Dogfighters - Dogfight Arena BFM |1v1|Fox2|BVR|Guns Y
Aerobatics Europe Y
Hoggit - Training Server Y/N
Hoggit - Georgia At War N
Through The Inferno -Dynamic PvE- [107th-SOCAL1] N
Cold War 1947 - 1991 N
!!!PVE Server!!----by Stix N

* If it crashes, the error "VIGGEN: HeatBlur: Assert failed: Value out of range. -. Was -6.003932. Expected between -3.141593 and 6.286327 @ c:\ajs37\trunk\viggennew\sources\flightmodel\aircraft.cpp:599)" can be found at the end of the log. This error is not present in my logs for any other server, nor in any of the logs others have uploaded in this thread or in this one, so it's probably a (slightly) different issue.

LOG_Aerobatics_Online_Working.txt LOG_Aerobatics_Europe_Working.txt LOG_Growling_Sidewinder_Working.txt LOG_Hoggit_Training_Working.txt LOG_Cold_War_Crashing.txt LOG_Growling_Sidewinder_Crashing.txt LOG_Hoggit_Training_Crashing.txt

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mythres said:

* If it crashes, the error "VIGGEN: HeatBlur: Assert failed: Value out of range. -. Was -6.003932. Expected between -3.141593 and 6.286327 @ c:\ajs37\trunk\viggennew\sources\flightmodel\aircraft.cpp:599)" can be found at the end of the log.

I would bet money this is an error in the code that initializes the aircraft's longitude or heading.  That negative number is an angle in radians equal to about 16 degrees after unwrapping the full circle.  Does that match any figures in the mission? 

Edited by Machalot

4 hours ago, Mythres said:

I have done some testing in multiplayer, and it seems to work fine on some servers.
On each of the tested servers I have made at least three attempts at spawning a Viggen, and rebooted the game after each attempt.

A list of the tested servers and what happened (Y = works, N = crashes, Y/N = works sometimes, crashes others):

Server Name Outcome
Growling Sidewinder Open Conflict 1 of 4 Caucasus Y/N*
Aerobatics Online Caucasus Y
DCS Dogfighters - Dogfight Arena BFM |1v1|Fox2|BVR|Guns Y
Aerobatics Europe Y
Hoggit - Training Server Y/N
Hoggit - Georgia At War N
Through The Inferno -Dynamic PvE- [107th-SOCAL1] N
Cold War 1947 - 1991 N
!!!PVE Server!!----by Stix N

* If it crashes, the error "VIGGEN: HeatBlur: Assert failed: Value out of range. -. Was -6.003932. Expected between -3.141593 and 6.286327 @ c:\ajs37\trunk\viggennew\sources\flightmodel\aircraft.cpp:599)" can be found at the end of the log. This error is not present in my logs for any other server, nor in any of the logs others have uploaded in this thread or in this one, so it's probably a (slightly) different issue.

3 hours ago, Machalot said:

I would bet money this is an error in the code that initializes the aircraft's longitude or heading.  That negative number is an angle in radians equal to about 16 degrees after unwrapping the full circle.  Does that match any figures in the mission? 

It could be related to this