2.7 Viggen Patch 14-04-2021 Feedback Thread

IronMike

1 час назад, LazyBoot сказал:

It could be related to this

I checked, the F10 map doesn't have any marks in multiplayer, and the DCS crashed on the desktop.
No problems with single player missions.

GreyCat_SPb

6 hours ago, Mythres said:

I have done some testing in multiplayer, and it seems to work fine on some servers.
On each of the tested servers I have made at least three attempts at spawning a Viggen, and rebooted the game after each attempt.

A list of the tested servers and what happened (Y = works, N = crashes, Y/N = works sometimes, crashes others):

Server Name Outcome
Growling Sidewinder Open Conflict 1 of 4 Caucasus Y/N*
Aerobatics Online Caucasus Y
DCS Dogfighters - Dogfight Arena BFM |1v1|Fox2|BVR|Guns Y
Aerobatics Europe Y
Hoggit - Training Server Y/N
Hoggit - Georgia At War N
Through The Inferno -Dynamic PvE- [107th-SOCAL1] N
Cold War 1947 - 1991 N
!!!PVE Server!!----by Stix N

* If it crashes, the error "VIGGEN: HeatBlur: Assert failed: Value out of range. -. Was -6.003932. Expected between -3.141593 and 6.286327 @ c:\ajs37\trunk\viggennew\sources\flightmodel\aircraft.cpp:599)" can be found at the end of the log. This error is not present in my logs for any other server, nor in any of the logs others have uploaded in this thread or in this one, so it's probably a (slightly) different issue.

LOG_Aerobatics_Online_Working.txt 68.75 kB · 1 download LOG_Aerobatics_Europe_Working.txt 70.43 kB · 1 download LOG_Growling_Sidewinder_Working.txt 64.81 kB · 1 download LOG_Hoggit_Training_Working.txt 66.98 kB · 1 download LOG_Cold_War_Crashing.txt 59.1 kB · 1 download LOG_Growling_Sidewinder_Crashing.txt 42.65 kB · 1 download LOG_Hoggit_Training_Crashing.txt 62.92 kB · 1 download

I can also confirm Hoggit Georgia and Hoggit Persian Gulf crash when spawning in the Viggen, while Aerobatics Online Caucasus works.

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

There is a problem with the Viggen on the ED side fo things and we already made them aware, the crash does not result from the Viggen code directly unfortunately. We are further investigating it and hope that we can find a solution with ED together asap.

Our apologies for the inconveniences. Thank you very much for all your feedback thus far, it is highly appreciated!

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Many people they are using the map points for the viggen. it seems this is the reason for CTD.

Octuplefire helped me for testing a theory.

The test happened in 104th Server.

When you use Map points then you will have CTD

Solution: You need to enter the coordinates manually so you will not have this problem.

I hope I was helpful with this information. 

S!

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

2 minutes ago, TIGER said:

Many people they are using the map points for the viggen. it seems this is the reason for CTD.

Octuplefire helped me for testing a theory.

The test happened in 104th Server.

When you use Map points then you will have CTD

Solution: You need to enter the coordinates manually so you will not have this problem.

I hope I was helpful with this information. 

S!

Is the crash related to user-created map points, or any map points?  I get CTD when I spawn into the Viggen on the Hoggit servers.  There are tons of script-created map points for the overall mission, but I did not create any Viggen map points that could have caused the crash.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

6 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Is the crash related to user-created map points, or any map points?  I get CTD when I spawn into the Viggen on the Hoggit servers.  There are tons of script-created map points for the overall mission, but I did not create any Viggen map points that could have caused the crash.

It can be related also that missions using ALOT of external scripts. probably can cause problems. but you can connect in 104th server now because I am monitoring it at the moment, there is RED FLAG event tomorrow and I need to find solution for this problem. 

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

An amazing update to bring the Viggen that much closer to completion.

The highlights:

• That afterburner is ridiculously nice
  • New EP13 stuff is excellent

However, there's also some bugs and issues:

• Performance of game goes into the single digits when using 60 km radar setting at low level for extended periods. This is the only major/gamebreaking one I've found so far
  • Lighting attenuation for external model means external lights and afterburner turn almost entirely invisible outside of about 5000 feet (impossible to rejoin at night)
  • HUD glass is invisible on rainy days, HUD lines look odd and HUD lighting dial only seems to work one way
  • Radar brightness is very overpowering, I need to dial it down to about 20-30% intensity during daylight missions to make out anything.

Could it be ED changed something with the lighting model for 2.7 again right as you updated the internal and external lights to account for previous changes? 😬

Lighting changed through the clouds, not sure if the lighting itself was changed as such, we'll look into it.

@TIGER this is a separate crash you mention. We have currently 2 seaprate CTDs: One is due to map markers, and happens both in the Viggen and F14, because we use the same code, and we think we know what is wrong - that one is on us.

The second CTD happens on respawn, mission relaod, track replay - this one is on the ED side of things and ED is currently investigating.

Thank you all for the feedback.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Thank you Heatblur for this fantastic update !

About the lighting, Cobra mentionned a long time ago that the radar colour would be adjusted. Since 2.5 the green colour has changed and doesn't match the real radar anymore :

Is it still planned ?

Anyway thank you for the hard work.

40 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

The legs on the pilot body still don't move with rudder or brake application as well as some clipping issues on the stick and the dude not being properly strapped in.

If you fly by the rulebook (no negative g's in the Viggen) you shouldn't need to be strapped in!

I will check with the radar color, I think the pilot body fixes will be part of one of the next bigger pushes.

Thank you for the great feedback, everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Heatblur Simulations

@IronMike 

I know you guys are working hard to get a fix out for the map mark points CTD. Do you have any idea when a patch might come out? Thanks. 

Edit: I saw this is already fixed internally! Great! 

Edited by Machalot

On 4/17/2021 at 7:14 PM, Noctrach said:

Radar brightness is very overpowering, I need to dial it down to about 20-30% intensity during daylight missions to make out anything.

i agree with this

its especially bad with the landing modes, with the white symbol for landing runway being nearly invisible on the bright green background. decreasing radar screen brightness doesnt help because it decreases brightness of both.

cvbcvcbbvb.png

it gets better with radar on if the background around the airfield is dark tho

great update btw

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Am 17.4.2021 um 00:46 schrieb Machalot:

I can not join any viggen in any multiplayer server. As soon as I enter the cockpit, it justs CTD's. And I know I'm not the only one.

So I can either go back to 2.5 or fly something else.

Can't really say anything about the 2.7 Patch apart from the new RB75 mission because... Yeah, I simply don't know because I can't fly it.

This isn't specifically about the patch itself, but since it's on the way to being fully released I figured it's worth posting here. I would like to see a minor tweak in the manual, where bomb and rocket mode delivery is discussed, because whether you can deliver single rockets from the pods or single bombs by flipping the two weapon mode switches. The manual only discusses the bits that apply to the RB-04 and RB-15.

53 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

This isn't specifically about the patch itself, but since it's on the way to being fully released I figured it's worth posting here. I would like to see a minor tweak in the manual, where bomb and rocket mode delivery is discussed, because whether you can deliver single rockets from the pods or single bombs by flipping the two weapon mode switches. The manual only discusses the bits that apply to the RB-04 and RB-15.

Hmm, can you elaborate? Is it possible to release single bombs with which switch?!

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

30 minutes ago, Snappy said:

Hmm, can you elaborate? Is it possible to release single bombs with which switch?!

Regards,

Snappy

I have not tried because I don't see what one would accomplish by dropping those tiny things individually, but I vaguely remember Ragnar mentioning it in the forum. What I'm saying is, at least, I would like these options to be documented.

The map marker crash is fixed, but it is possible it wont make it into the hotfix and will have to wait for the next patch.

• Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

23 hours ago, TLTeo said:

IRL, I don't think it's possible to deliver neither bombs nor rockets in any other way than "all at once". I'm pretty sure I have read it in the official Swedish flight manuals.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

The Viggen works again in multiplayer. I can spawn into the aircraft and set markers without DCS terminating. Testing on Hoggit.

Edited by Bishop_DE
  • Like 1

Rechner: AMD 2700X, 32GB RAM, 2x SSD (500Gb u. 128Gb), Warthog Joystick, Rift S, GTX 1080, Monstertech Flightstand

On 4/22/2021 at 6:19 PM, frosen said:

IRL, I don't think it's possible to deliver neither bombs nor rockets in any other way than "all at once". I'm pretty sure I have read it in the official Swedish flight manuals.

As far as I remember, Ragnar said (this is like 4 years ago) that the ‘Single rocket’ option was a gamey workaround that doesn’t exist in the real aircraft. They implemented it that way until they added training rocket pods that presumably do allow singles IRL.
I think it’s safe to say that those training pods aren’t coming any time soon.