2.7 Viggen Patch 14-04-2021 Feedback Thread

IronMike

I wouldn't mind seeing the radar display showing symbology while in NAV and A0, as it should..
It's meant to be the same as in passive search mode. Just that the receiver on the radar is blocked, so no signals are display or processed.

• Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Thanks for the EP-13 adjustment knob labels in the latest OB! Anything else changed? (No changelog for HB)

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

4 hours ago, frosen said:

Thanks for the EP-13 adjustment knob labels in the latest OB! Anything else changed? (No changelog for HB)

First post of this thread:

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

4 minutes ago, Flappie said:

First post of this thread:

Thanks but I'm refering to the (latest) April 22 update (DCS 2.7.0.5118), not the first 2.7 update.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Could it be a break for another 2 years with major updates for Viggen? Any systems updates in live  roadmap?  I only saw some graphical fixes there. Graphical tweaks are cool, but systems are more important to me.

14 minutes ago, gcze said:

Could it be a break for another 2 years with major updates for Viggen? Any systems updates in live  roadmap?  I only saw some graphical fixes there. Graphical tweaks are cool, but systems are more important to me.

They said they have the Viggen as top priority until it's out of Early Access sometime soon. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

9 minutes ago, Machalot said:

They said they have the Viggen as top priority until it's out of Early Access sometime soon. 

When was the Viggen "supposed" to be out of EA?  HB said they wanted the Tomcat out of EA by the 2 year anniversary this past March...

• Like 1

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

1 hour ago, N0430BM said:

When was the Viggen "supposed" to be out of EA?  HB said they wanted the Tomcat out of EA by the 2 year anniversary this past March...

They were trying for 2.7 but it turned out to be too much. They said it will be in one of the upcoming patches. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

1 hour ago, N0430BM said:

When was the Viggen "supposed" to be out of EA?

Honestly at this point, EA doesn't mean anything. The Viggen is much, much more complete than the Harrier or even Mirage (the Harrier keeps changing so much that Chuck has literally given up on maintaining his guide for now), and both of those have been out of EA for a while now. I agree that it's annoying that HB keep missing their own deadlines, and that so much of their attention went to the Tomcat for a while, but realistically the Viggen is in very good shape, it's been so for a long time, and all it needs to be as complete as anything can be in DCS are very minor finishing touches.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TLTeo said:

Also there are no new systems to be added. As far as I know, the only major system that needs refining are the recce modes.

I didn't mean new systems, just fixes to existing ones :

- wrong trim logic and lack of center rudder trim indicator

- wrong landing gear logic, completly useless gear warning

- wrong ToT and time on missle calculation, when more then 1 waypoint.

- wrong  RB-15 modes, inoperable codes, crash on water on multiplayer, lack indicate blocked release when don,t meet conditions to shot. etc.

- wrong navigation logic, after overhead, over L1 disabled bearing B1

- completly wrong performance data, almost half real range on 9k ceiling 

- miscalculate range with payload

- ternav working without data cardridge in socket.

and many others 😉

I'd like to see regular fixes for old problems, not fix packages every 2 years.

Edited by gcze
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, gcze said:

I didn't mean new systems, just fixes to existing ones :

- wrong trim logic and lack of center trim indicator

- wrong gear logic, completly useless gear warning

- wrong ToT and time on missle calculation, when more then 1 waypoint.

- wrong  RB-15 modes, inoperable codes, crash on water on multiplayer, lack indicate blocked release when don,t meet conditions to shot. etc.

- wrong navigation logic, after overhead, over L1 disabled bearing B1

- completly wrong performance data, almost half real range on 9k ceiling 

- miscalculate range with payload

and many others 😉

I'd like to see regular fixes for old problems, not fix packages every 2 years.

Are these documented in bug threads? I haven't heard of some of them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Are these documented in bug threads? I haven't heard of some of them.

Yes, I think I saw it all, maybe described  differently.

If one is not there, I will report it in the future. Now I don't see the point. Enough is waiting already submitted.

Edited by gcze

3 hours ago, gcze said:

Yes, I think I saw it all, maybe described  differently.

If one is not there, I will report it in the future. Now I don't see the point. Enough is waiting already submitted.

It's your choice how much effort to put in, but I think now is probably the best time to bring these to HB's attention while they have the Viggen as their top priority. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was unaware of these issues personally; but the Viggen is one of the modules for me that I love flying but don’t really do much more than drop a stick of bombs or rockets on a single pass for; if these are indeed bugs and you can submit evidence of them, do so. Even if the bug is currently in the tracker, it’s worth submitting evidence again or resubmitting it as it’s possible they genuinely believed it to be fixed or it’s slipped under the radar (like a Viggen should be doing lol) with all the other things going on.

If there’s anything evidentiary you can offer to fix it, or it’s a simple fix and you know how to do it, offer them a solution too. It might help get the bug squished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Il 9/5/2021 at 03:59, TLTeo ha scritto:

Honestly at this point, EA doesn't mean anything. The Viggen is much, much more complete than the Harrier or even Mirage

I greatly appreciate Heatblur approach to early access rather than RB one: when the Viggen will be out of EA I can be sure it is really finished, and I will gladly buy it (I do not own it already since I'm waiting the end of EA even if I know it is already quite complete). On the other hand, I do not own any of the RB modules and I think I won't buy them (even if the Harrier is an airplane I appreciate very much) unless RB radically changes its approach to the development.

• 2 weeks later...

I take it the patch did not make it in time. The AoA probe is also still floating about. I assume that's what the patch notes was about anyway. 

• "Fixed incorrect label on countermeasures switch"
  • "Fixed floating probe on fuselage"

Screen_210616_192321.png

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

• 2 months later...

Ever since the new general canopy reflections are in DCS, I'm having trouble seeing out front of my Viggen cockpit, as if most of the lower portion of the glass was tinted dark grayish, probably reflecting stuff from below. Makes it really hard to fly low, especially in those "looks beautiful" lighting conditions...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

3 hours ago, Eldur said:

Ever since the new general canopy reflections are in DCS, I'm having trouble seeing out front of my Viggen cockpit, as if most of the lower portion of the glass was tinted dark grayish, probably reflecting stuff from below. Makes it really hard to fly low, especially in those "looks beautiful" lighting conditions...

Can you provide us with some screenies please? Thanks!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/