2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

+1, second load into the mission will crash DCS

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

1 hour ago, XPACT said:

Sadly it seems that issue is random and sometimes game will launch and work perfectly and sometimes it will crash at second mission load multiple times in a row independent of options.lua, we are at square one.

EDIT: At least it works when you first start a mission so, it's not completely broken 😄

3 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Both XPACT and crousti got rid of this issue by:

1. renaming their Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ folder
  2. repairing DCS

@Flappie I think XPACT mentioned that even deleting options.lua seems not to be working 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

1. Run your file explorer (Win key + E)
  2. Drive C:\
  3. Users
  4. (your username)
  5. Saved Games
  6. Select DCS.openbeta, hit F2, add something at the end of the name, like "_backup"
  7. Enter
2 minutes ago, Snakedoc said:

I think XPACT mentioned that even deleting options.lua seems not to be working 

Here.

4 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

What about replacing key bindings and other settings after it's done?

Once you've renamed the Saved Games\DCS... folder:

1. Start the game, and then exit: there is now a brand new Saved Games\DCS... folder.
  2. Get in your old Saved Games\DCS... folder, then in Config, then Input.
  3. Copy all files.
  4. Get in your new Saved Games\DCS... folder, then in Config, then Input.
  5. Paste.
  6. Launch the game: you should have your custom controls back.
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Since your initial issue was not fixed, here's what you need to do to rollback:

1. Rename your current "DCS.openbeta" folder as "DCS.openbeta.virgin", for instance.
  2. Rename the other folder as "DCS.openbeta".
  3. Now you should have your custom controls and settings back in the game.

4 minutes ago, -REDMAN- said:

I have two folders now one with and without _backup and when I try to fly something it still hangs up and doesn't respond. All my graphics setting got nuked. 

Yes, you have to take the input files from Config/Input from the backup that you made, then copy to the new folders that DCS just made. That will bring your control assignments back.

I just did this after a repair and it seemed to work for me.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

5 minutes ago, -REDMAN- said:

@Flappie".Virgin" good one, I got it working thanks for your patients. S!

Can you exit the game, then open the game again and tell me if it still works for you?

For me deleting user data is fixing it for the first game launch.

22 minutes ago, XPACT said:

Can you exit the game, then open the game again and tell me if it still works for you?

For me deleting user data is fixing it for the first game launch.

I got in and out of game a few times picking a different map each time and it seems to be working ok at the moment.

Salute -REDMAN-

Good evening, Crash version 2.7 at launch. I made all your suggestions and the only one that works for me is the solution of Flappie rename DCS Openbeta in Backup to leave with a new folder DCS Openbeta and it works properly, remains more than to hand over everything else 
one by one to recover my config before, for now I handed the file Config and the File Logbook, it works Thanks Flappie and those who proposed .

Kind regards. ...

I followed the advice in the thread as well as doing a repair after renaming the folder, I even left out all of my old config files and started fresh and still get the crash after nearly every mission. 

Is the only choice left downloading the 84gb client again?

@BoogdudI don't think you need to redownload everything. Ensure you select options "Check all files (slow)" and "Search for extra files after repair".

Also make sure you don't run any mod: it seems some mods are not compatible with 2.7.

image.png