2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

• ED Team

Hi all,

It is important to please remove all unofficial mods, some have been creating problems for dcs 2.7 

run a full cleanup and repair or verify if steam 

ensure windows 10 is up to date and all drivers. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

12 hours ago, Flappie said:
  1. Run your file explorer (Win key + E)
  2. Drive C:\
  3. Users
  4. (your username)
  5. Saved Games
  6. Select DCS.openbeta, hit F2, add something at the end of the name, like "_backup"
  7. Enter

Here.

Once you've renamed the Saved Games\DCS... folder:

1. Start the game, and then exit: there is now a brand new Saved Games\DCS... folder.
  2. Get in your old Saved Games\DCS... folder, then in Config, then Input.
  3. Copy all files.
  4. Get in your new Saved Games\DCS... folder, then in Config, then Input.
  5. Paste.
  6. Launch the game: you should have your custom controls back.

Thanks Flappie, seems to work for me. SU-25 crash report in some other post is therefore related to this thread, not the su-25 free flight mission.

Edited by normanleto
  • Like 1

...10 years with dcs...

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

It is important to please remove all unofficial mods, some have been creating problems for dcs 2.7 

run a full cleanup and repair or verify if steam 

ensure windows 10 is up to date and all drivers. 

thanks

Hello everyone, yes that's what I did afterwards I deleted all these unofficial mods, I had an Aircraft folder with planes, like A-4E-C, MirageF1 2.5.5, mirage F1 CT 2.5.5, VSN_SEM and this prevented the start of version 2.7, I was even able to recover the DCS Openbeta folder that I had put in backup , so I recovered my full config. Thank you to Bignewy and all of you for your efforts in finding solutions. Kind regards.

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Newy/Flappie,

I believe this was my issue. I had a couple mods (english cockpits for ka50, m2000 and the AH6J).  Once I removed the mods folder I have been loading missions all morning without issue.  It appears to have been resolved. For others with the issue, just make sure mods are completely gone and it may fix the issue for you.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Boogdud

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Boogdud said:

Newy/Flappie,

I believe this was my issue. I had a couple mods (english cockpits for ka50, m2000 and the AH6J).  Once I removed the mods folder I have been loading missions all morning without issue.  It appears to have been resolved. For others with the issue, just make sure mods are completely gone and it may fix the issue for you.

Thanks for the help!

no worries, good to see you have fixed it. 

Dont worry I am sure the mod creators will work out what needs tweaking to work with 2.7 

thanks for letting us know

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Same here. My DCS crashing after i leave mission and trying to fly it for secnont time. I remove all my mods ( i have only skins ) and no change. Still crashing.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I think i found the solution for my crashes. I was looking in the options ani i noticed the fullscreen is checked. I unchecked this option and now DCS doesnt crash at all. I can run mission leave then go to the ME load the mission and still no crash to desktop. Maybe this will help some one.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

6 minutes ago, Flia said:

I think i found the solution for my crashes. I was looking in the options ani i noticed the fullscreen is checked. I unchecked this option and now DCS doesnt crash at all. I can run mission leave then go to the ME load the mission and still no crash to desktop. Maybe this will help some one.

Just when I hit uninstall:-D

I did a backup of my DCS.openbeta folder, launched the game and created a mission. It launched fine, but as soon as I did SHIFT-R (the restart mission keybind) the game crashed again.

Unticking "Full Screen" seems to have fixed the issues, but I'm losing a lot of FPS when not running in fullscreen

edit : I've set it back to Full Screen and it seems to still work, gonna do some more testing

edit 2 : negative, still crash when put back in full screen

edit 3 : ok, I messed with ticking and unticking full screen a couple of times (doing a restart each time), and now it's ticked and don't seem to crash anymore.

edit 4 : scratch edit 3

edit 5 : after playing a while on a MP server, just entering the mission edition make the game crash

Edited by Deadpoetic6

8 minutes ago, Deadpoetic6 said:

I did a backup of my DCS.openbeta folder, launched the game and created a mission. It launched fine, but as soon as I did SHIFT-R (the restart mission keybind) the game crashed again.

Unticking "Full Screen" seems to have fixed the issues, but I'm losing a lot of FPS when not running in fullscreen

edit : I've set it back to Full Screen and it seems to still work, gonna do some more testing

Interesting finding

an update on my end. I did the following procedure:

- renamed DCS saved games folder

- deleted the Drive:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\*Terrain name*\misc\metacache\dcs folder (repetead this for all the terrains I own)

- deleted the Drive:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta folder

- performed a DCS repair - check all files (slow)

- launched the game and re-applied all settigns as I had before with 2.5.6

- copied the Saved Games\config\input folder for my custom bindings

- copied the logbook.lua file from the backup folder

- copied the autoexec.cfg custom file from the backup folder

so far no crashes on launching any mission multiple times. I have tested only the preloaded mission that comes with each module (e.g. free flight) in all the terrains I have. I did a combinations of A10C II, F16, FA18, FC3 on caucasus, PG and Syria on the same game session.

I'll update here in case I encounter any further crashing 

*update*

loaded for the second time a custom mission (A10C II BFT Campaign mission 2) and it crashed again

log attached

dcs.20210415-151923.log

dcs.20210415-151923.crash dcs.20210415-151923.dmp

Edited by Snakedoc
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

I tried everything suggested, currently running unmodded with newest graphics drivers and it will inevitably crash, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Many fixes are just placebo because sometimes it will work just fine. And we know it is not related to AMD or Nvidia, both are experiencing it, it's probably some kind of memory allocation issue and that would explain randomness of it.

Vulkan plz save us all 😄

Now for some people it never crashes, can somebody without issues post their dxdiag?

What I am most interested in is amount of VRAM, RAM, Page file size, Windows version etc...

Edited by XPACT

Well, this is weird!

I tried DCS update 2.7 now on two Win10 pro PCs. One is a I7 CPU, 16GB RAM and GTX 1080/8GB and the other new one is a I9/32GB RAM system with a RTX 3090/24GB.

On one system DCS crashes each time when I spawn the Viggen (and be sure, I applied all the above proposed repairs). Though with all other aircrafts there is no problem, no crash!

On the other system DCS does not crash at all, even when I span the Viggen!

So, now guess on which system DCS crashes ...

... aaawwh, it's the new system with the I9 CPU, 32GB RAM and RTX 3090/24GB!!

Waiting for a patch, whoever brings it up (ed, nvidia, heatblur, ...)

Im also having this problem. Or (for now) had it. I did the Savegame-folder-renaming and since then it worked for me. Only 8 different missions with 10-15 LShift+R, that killed DCS for me before. Only set the videosettings (minus the mirrors) to what I had before and up to now only have reimportet my flightlog and loaded the inputsettings of 5 aircraft so far. My missions are still in the "old" folder, but I already loaded two of them with no problem.

At least for now. And I havent used MSIAfterburner yet, that was on most of the time recently due to some other problems.

Before I had no mods other than SRS installed and my complete DCS-install was only 1 month old.

EDIT: five minutes later: jumped into the Huey, loaded my input-settings, reloades the mission and DCS crashed..... Tried a second time and again it crashed.

Edited by Wali763

21 minutes ago, Martin88 said:

Is this issue being officially investigated? I see the "remove unofficial mods" tag but it is not the root of the issue.

That tag was placed by forum moderator... 

Game mods are not causing this and it's 100% tested and confirmed. I didn't even have mods in the first place except tacview script but I did clean reinstall after without user data and issue still remains. 

There are many ways to reproduce the crash but not with 100% consistency. 

Sometimes you can load single mission multiple times without problem... But if that happens I can reproduce the crash by going to a different mission and then loading first one once again, it will always crash on loading screen for me. 

Edited by XPACT

21 minutes ago, Wali763 said:

EDIT: five minutes later: jumped into the Huey, loaded my input-settings, reloades the mission and DCS crashed..... Tried a second time and again it crashed.

Exactly it comes and goes. Currently there is no suggested solution that works, at least for me. Can you post your dxdiag I am on a witch hunt trying to figure out what we all have in common 😄

I am also tempted to put my main GPU into the old Haswell build just to see if it crashes there, my guess would be no as it seems, at least with this data I got, to affect modern configurations more and all were Intel based so far. 

Where can I find the dxdiag? Its not in the Log-folder in my savegame-folder.

The thrid and second last line of my log from the last start is as follows:

2021-04-16 15:59:56.669 INFO    DCS: dxdiag.exe /64bit /whql:off /t "D:\SavedGames\DCS.openbeta\Logs\dxdiag.txt"
2021-04-16 16:00:02.913 INFO    DCS: 'D:\SavedGames\DCS.openbeta\Logs\dxdiag.txt' deleted successfully

BTW. I deleted the Input-folder for the Huey and set the inputs manually. After that it worked for several "LShift+R". But not sure, for how long.

I now enabled the Full debug log with the autoexec.cfg

Edited by Wali763