2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

Same here, second load crash occasionally. No mods, clean install, It can happen for hours and suddenly another hour stops happening, it is impossible to replicate.

i9 9900k, 2080super, 32gb 3600, nvme install, w10.

I have the latest nvidia drivers, I'm going to try updating windows, but it is in one of the latest versions.

• Like 1

I see you got around to it, thanks for dxdiag 😄 you can always run dxdiag, you just need to type it into search and when it opens up click on save all information, but LShift+R in DCS will work too for now haha

You are the first that posted dxdiag that is using newest AMD CPU so my assumption that it's only Intel 9th and 10th gen is incorrect afterall... You have 64GB of ram and hefty amount of page file so that is out of the question also, I am mind boggled how it isn't affecting everyone...

1 minute ago, Midgard said:

It can happen for hours and suddenly another hour stops happening, it is impossible to replicate.

Just flew in MiG-29S for an hour and I reloaded the mission and then flew another 20mins without issues. Very weird issue we got on our hands here...

Strange thing is also, that sometimes DCS.exe stays in the tasklist, so when starting again, you get the message of the second instance, that is not allowed. So you need to manually quit dcs.exe to be able to restart it.

Also happened, when I choose at the end of a mission "Quit to desktop", so after a "normal" closedown.

For me updating drivers, disabling mods, removing all stuff in Saved Games except ctrl config and logbook didn't help initially - the game was still always crashing when loading the second mission (for the record I was switching only between Instant Caucasus missions - free flight for P-51D and hot start for TF-51D).

Tried disabling the Full Screen option suggested above and I can confirm - it seems to have solved the issue on my PC as well.

The problem is - I NEED Full Screen ON for the V-Sync to work, but here comes the strange part - when I Alt-Enter during the first mission to force the game to go Full Screen after all - DCS remains stable actually and doesn't crash when loading multiple next missions (don't have to repeat Alt-Entering anymore).

To sum it up:

a) FS option ON - crashfest;

b) FS option OFF but FS is enabled later by Alt-Enter'ing once - haven't experienced any crash (so far). 

I hope it helps some of the other guys too.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

55 minutes ago, Art-J said:

For me updating drivers, disabling mods, removing all stuff in Saved Games except ctrl config and logbook didn't help initially - the game was still always crashing when loading the second mission (for the record I was switching only between Instant Caucasus missions - free flight for P-51D and hot start for TF-51D).

Tried disabling the Full Screen option suggested above and I can confirm - it seems to have solved the issue on my PC as well.

The problem is - I NEED Full Screen ON for the V-Sync to work, but here comes the strange part - when I Alt-Enter during the first mission to force the game to go Full Screen after all - DCS remains stable actually and doesn't crash when loading multiple next missions (don't have to repeat Alt-Entering anymore).

To sum it up:

a) FS option ON - crashfest;

b) FS option OFF but FS is enabled later by Alt-Enter'ing once - haven't experienced any crash (so far). 

I hope it helps some of the other guys too.

Unfortunately doesn't work for me

• Like 1

8 hours ago, metzgerov said:

Switching to non FS solved the crashing so far. 6 consecutive missions and all clear

Try to switch between different ones with different jets that almost always triggers it for me. 

• Like 2

This is affecting me too. Never had any crashes before, now every time I load a mission the second time.

Oh well, I've sent my crash reports. One can only hope a hotfix for this is their top priority!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

I guess I'll jump in here as well.  I am getting the same random crashes everyone else is reporting.  I've also done the recommended items and it hasn't resolved the problem.

Is is possible it's related to SSLR and SSAO being enabled?  I never used to use these settings until 2.7.

Finally, enabling SSAA causes a crash every time when I start any flight.

-Adam

dcs.log-20210417-134226.zip

Dell Aurora R11, Windows 10 Home 64bit English, Intel i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost), 64GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6, 24” 1080p 144Hz Free-Sync/G-SYNC compatible monitor, 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.

Hi all,

I used to have the same problem and solved it the following way:

I did not have full screen enabled in settings but I did have “full screen optimisations disable” in the compatibility options for DCS. Removing it solved the crash issue completely. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, theoklahomaaviator said:

I guess I'll jump in here as well.  I am getting the same random crashes everyone else is reporting.  I've also done the recommended items and it hasn't resolved the problem.

Is is possible it's related to SSLR and SSAO being enabled?  I never used to use these settings until 2.7.

Finally, enabling SSAA causes a crash every time when I start any flight.

-Adam

dcs.log-20210417-134226.zip 600.94 kB · 1 download

So... very interesting.  If I uncheck Full Screen in settings, SSAA doesn't cause a crash (and actually functions", SSLR and SSAO actually work with the respective FPS drop and I don't get any crashes.  Also interesting, The sim both in menu and in cockpit are still full screen and not "windowed" with Full Screen unchecked.  I REALLY hope this helps.

-Adam

Dell Aurora R11, Windows 10 Home 64bit English, Intel i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost), 64GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6, 24” 1080p 144Hz Free-Sync/G-SYNC compatible monitor, 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.

Reverted to 461.72 drivers today after reading the other thread and trying to tackle the other issue - performance loss. Gained 3-4 fps, but the dreaded crashes came back with a vengence, even with the Full Screen OFF trick. 

So updated to 466.11 one more time and the game seems to be stable again.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'm running full screen off with 466.11 drivers. I've tried both the full screen optimizations both enabled AND disabled. Neither option has resolved the problem. 

Additionally, I've deleted the A4E Skyhawk mod, which was the only unofficial mod (aside from some aircraft skins) that I've used. I've also uninstalled Re-shade. I've run MULTIPLE repairs through Steam. Nothing seems to actually be fixing this for me. 

Is there anything others are doing that I have missed? I am considering running a driver clean and do a full reinstall of my Nvidia drivers, but I really don't want to go through the trouble if it's going to yield the same unsuccessful results I've already had.  Has anyone done a full game reinistall? Has that worked?

Appreciate the insight. 

5 minutes ago, jfnelson0127 said:

Is there anything others are doing that I have missed?

Probably no, I tried suggested stuff and much more but nothing seems to fix it permanently. I am currently out of ideas... Yesterday game didn't crash at all, I started game multiple times throughout the day, abused loading missions left and right and no crashes but 30mins ago it started crashing at loading again... two consecitive times in a row on second mission load. Crazy how inconsistent it is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rmnsvn said:

Hi all,

I did not have full screen enabled in settings but I did have “full screen optimisations disable” in the compatibility options for DCS. Removing it solved the crash issue completely. 

Did not help for me. Still crashing all time. No mods, repair made...nothing helps. But thanks for the advices.

dcs.log

• ED Team

I have marked the thread reported, I was able to reproduce an issue after playing a track replay twice, it looks like it is related to this issue here.

thank you all for your logs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Strange here.

I just tested DCS again (had no time on weekend) and loaded fore sure 20+ missions and reloaded them (Lshift + R or via Debriefing-screen) and all went well.

The exited DCS, restarted it and right at the firts missin the reload crashed......

By now ED has about 10+ crashreports from me alone. 😏

On 4/17/2021 at 4:08 PM, Rmnsvn said:

Hi all,

I have exactly that same configuration for years, still having it for 2.7...crashing all the time. Tried all the ideas from this thread but I still having random crashes ONLY when loading a second, third, etc. mission.

Edited by Ala12Rv-watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here