2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

Possibly, but the thing is that crashes are so inconsistent that you don't even know if it's the fix you applied or just it randomly decided to work. I had 2 days of it working flawlessly and it started crashing again, nothing on the system changed in those 2 days, no new software/ no new Windows updates... This is very hard to diagnose sadly

Same here. I'm getting consistent crash on second mission load, don't think I have had a single crash when loading the first mission. I always use lalt+enter to enter real full screen (really removes stuttering for me) so I do it everytime I enter in the cockpit. Sometimes I do lalt+tab to change between windows but even then I get the crash. I have renamed options.lua, refreshed my settings and deleted fxo and metashaders2. Still having crashes no matter if I use mods or not.

Something I have been experiencing since very long in DCS is that if the sim is in real full screen (lalt+enter) and I try to lalt+tab when in the mission loading screen, the game will always crash. It must NOT be in full creen to be able to not crash when lalt+tab during a mission load screen. Before loading a mission and after the mission is loaded (you are in the cockpit) there is no proble lalt+tab in real full screen. As I said, this issue is NOT from 2.7, but maybe now it might have some impact in the crashes. Of course I still have this problem now in the latest 2.7 but also the second mission loading crash even when not in full screen.

dcs.log-20210423-104828.zip

Take a look at my MODS here

• ED Team

We are looking into it, personally I am unable to reproduce but the team is aware and looking for solutions. 

Please include your dcs logs and the mission you were flying when reporting 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm having the same issues, I'm using Open Beta I have 2 bought (ED) modules and 2 Bought maps.  I originally downloaded DCS about a month ago on a new computer and I haven't really changed anything.   I'm flying a simple air to air mission I created in Mission Editor, but it does it on all missions. This never happened before 2.7.  

This is getting Old...

Please look into this

Thanks,

David

dcs.log-20210423-125045.zip

Edited by Ddawg

I did the last update and it seems to work.

Note that I cleared fxo and metashader2 folders (which is always empty now ...) just after updating.

I always do this after every update and/or every modification in the display options tab.

I did like I always do, start windowed, forced fullscreen with alt+enter and now I've been able to successfully load my own custom Hornet General Training Mission several times in a row, both from Mission Editor after modifying triggers or just by pressing ''Fly Again'' without having to go back and forth between windowed and fullscreen.

Note that that mission is sensively less packed than the one I was previously flying (which was a SEAD training with SAMs, ground units, strike package, etc ...)

I'll try again with that particular mission and report if it fails again.

But for now it looks good.

Confirmed, it works normally.

I tried to load my SEAD mission several times in a row, both going back to ME and hitting ''Fly Again''.

No crashes so far.

One thing to note though is that I did not fly those missions when testing this.

I just loaded the missions, got into the Hornet and started the battery to check my first triggers and F-10 options.

I'm now going to work a little bit deeper on those and actually fly them (those missions take around 1h30/2h)

I'll report if I encounter anything.

But from here it looks solved.

Thanks guys !

36 minutes ago, RoxSy said:

Note that I cleared fxo and metashader2 folders (which is always empty now ...) just after updating.

I always do this after every update and/or every modification in the display options tab.

I cleared those two folders. I started my mission, then after it was running I quit the mission.  I hit replay mission and it worked!  I tried this twice in a row. (note: I only cleared the folders once)  Previously, quitting and replaying would always cause a crash.  I will keep playing around with it and hopefully the issue will be resolved. 

Thanks RoxSy

Edited by Ddawg
  • Thanks 1

No change for me after the Update. LShift + R often causes a crash. Also had an odd crash upon shutdown, when the whole screen stayed black. Opening the Task-manager to quit DCS was not possible, but hitting Win-Key opened the Startmenu. Had to log out and in again to shut down DCS.

After the initial transition to 2.7, I had a crash every time I started a 2nd mission until I began using windowed mode. Installed the latest update, renamed my saved games folder and had a crash every 2nd mission until I switched and began starting in full screen mode. Go figure.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

After experimenting some more, pressing alt-enter before launching a second mission makes no consistent difference.  Crashes are very frequent but random regardless of what I do. 

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Z270, Intel Core I7 - 7700K, Gskill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair RM750X, Windows 10 Home, Asus ROG PG348Q 34” 3440 x 1440 100hz curved IPS G-Sync monitor, Saitek X52 Pro Hotas, TrackIR V5

I asked a frend having this issue to send his Saved Games\DCS... folder over. I then used his folder instead of mine, and still couldn't reproduce the crash.

I'm starting to think it could be either hardware or O.S. related. I'm looking for a pattern. Could you please each attach your dxdiag log?

If you don't want to make your log public, you can send it to my private message box.

Important precision: I'm not saying this is not a DCS bug, it definitely is. But we need to find out what triggers it so ED can squash it.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team
Just now, wowbagger said:

@Flappie and @BIGNEWY  just to clarify, are you not getting any crashes of DCS at all on your setups?

I am not, and we can not reproduce it so far. Its very frustrating for you and us respectively. The team are still looking into it, exploring full screen as suggested by users currently. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Okay, thanks for the reply. Good luck!

Have a great weekend.

edit: From my personal experience, full screen makes a significant difference. Full Screen enabled = constant reproducible crashes / Full Screen disabled = infrequent, random crashes. I'm running a RTX2080 GPU and 5600x CPU.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Thanks 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Me again. Tested meanwhile for hours and no more crashes. Sorry, screenshots are in German. Nevertheless, hope, it helps a bit. By the way, turning on SSAO has shown to me no significant improvement, but also nothing negative, so I didn't change. The only significant changes I made were done via the GPU. G-SYNC runs in connection with the Acer monitor. FPS between 85 and 120, depending on the map used. Only helicopters used.

Good luck

DCS OB Options.jpg

NVidia 3.jpg

NVidia 2.png

NVidia 1.jpg

WIN10-Pro., ASUS ROG Z390-E, INTEL Core i7-970K, RTX 2080Ti, 64GB RAM, ACER Predator XB271HU 2560 x 1440 144Hz, DCS Open Beta: SSD970 EVO Plus 1TB, DCS Stable: SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar (U2nxt) / Foxy, Simpeds , TrackIR 5

Hi !

Did an extensive AA training and fiddling with triggers yesterday.

Going back and forth between Fly and ME and did not experience one crash.

As always, started windowed, forced fullscreen with ALT+ENTER once in the cockpit for the first time and never touched anything back.

I still have some black squares from times to times but no more crashes and no black screen that required to move the head either.

Note that I'm quite convinced that those black things comes from AMD drivers doing their magic once again ...

Still a couple of weird things happening with triggers and static objects but nothing negatively impacting the experience.

Cheers !

SFC check passed, CPU and RAM stability tested thoroughly for many hours using prime95, linpack64, memtest64, memtest86 no errors found

GPU driver version: 21.3.1 WHQL

Spotted some Windows related errors with DCS crashes in DxDiag but those seem unrelated to these crashes and appeared when I was reinstalling KB5001330

Windows version:

winver.png

DxDiag.txt

Edited by XPACT

Here's my last crash log including dxdiag.txt. This was after the first start where my saved games folder was recreated (old one was renamed). This crash occurred when I started a 2nd mission.

dcs.log-20210423-105405.zip

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.