2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

42 minutes ago, Flia said:

You are the lucky man 🙂

guess so, but now can't play at all, also getting the Steam VR crashes now, 

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Ironhand said:

that'd only be 110 people.

. . . only 110 people?!!

Well, than everything must be fine. These 110 people are likely notorious naggers who want to turn a "minor bug" into a big deal.

These naggers just want to make themselves important, don't they?

really  . . . ? Is that what you want to say?

You forget the silent crowd that is too frustrated to post their experiences here. They have simply given up.

And the many players who went back to version 2.5.6 stable and aren't beta testers anymore, so they don't post here anymore.  

Start DCS up. Crash and burn the first 2 mission- make sure a big fireball is happening and then your gtg. No biggy That’s my process after the second crash i can play for hours... 5-6 hours multiplayer with no crashes. 

this is open beta... we are testers. 

Like I said before. Add system spec in your signature at this time to help the process.

Cheers !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

1 hour ago, wernst said:

. . . only 110 people?!!

Well, than everything must be fine. These 110 people are likely notorious naggers who want to turn a "minor bug" into a big deal.

These naggers just want to make themselves important, don't they?

really  . . . ? Is that what you want to say?

You forget the silent crowd that is too frustrated to post their experiences here. They have simply given up.

And the many players who went back to version 2.5.6 stable and aren't beta testers anymore, so they don't post here anymore.  

Calm down. I'm one of those people, too.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

5 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

Calm down. I'm one of those people, too.

I haven't read everything
but there are 3 of us in our group, and this only happens with the Tomcat

By the way, can I abuse? ^^
Do you have a clue? Or do I have to read this whole thread?

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

Salut Mig! 😉 The issue seems linked to the CleanScene() function which is called when:

• loading a new mission
  • exiting the game when in the middle of a mission

But so far, ED crew and testers like me are unable to reproduce. I even replaced my Save Games\DCS... folder with a friend's (he's having the issue) with no effect on my DCS.

We've been trying a lot of solutions. Most of them are listed here. Please let me know if it helps (in your team's Discord, since I'm part of it).

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Just now, Flappie said:

Salut Mig! 😉 The issue seems linked to the CleanScene() function which is called when:

• loading a new mission
  • exiting the game when in the middle of a mission

But so far, ED crew and testers like me are unable to reproduce. I even replaced my Save Games\DCS... folder with a friend's (he's having the issue) with no effect on my DCS.

We've been trying a lot of solutions. Most of them are listed here. Please let me know if it helps (in your team's Discord, since I'm part of it).

Thanks Flappie ^^
ok, see you on the Discord

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

1 hour ago, Tanuki44 said:

I could be the 111 th ... but these crashes are not systematic

I like to try to understand if there is a precise  event that causes these crashes so I'm looking for ...

Then I´m the 112th with the same problems...

forum.png

UPDATE: tried repeating the workaround of going into Settings, clicking "OK", starting the second mission...this time, it didn't work.  Crashed when mission finished loading, like it usually does.  Tried it again and it crashed again.

Then I deleted everything in the AppData/Local/Temp/DCS and Saved Games/DCS/fxo folders, and tried it again (going into Settings after a mission, clicking "OK," then starting the next mission).  This time it consistently worked: five missions in a row, no crashes.

It seems like the combination of having a clean slate in the Temp and fxo folders upon launching DCS, plus tricking DCS into thinking I've reset the graphics settings before launching the next mission, is doing the trick.  Separately, neither worked, but together they seem to work.  I'll keep trying it.

...I should add that my wife views this bug as a feature, as it cuts down on my DCS time. 🙂

• Thanks 1

@Flappie

Don't know if this is of any use nor do I know how idiosyncratic my crashes are. I've been deleting the folder in LOCAL/TEMP as well as the XFO folder. As long as I did it once a day I experienced no issues. I could open and close the sim as often as I wanted and fly as many missions as I wanted. But, if I didn't delete once a day, I would experience the 2nd mission crash somewhere between 24-30 hours after the last deletion of those folders.

Here comes the interesting part. I have kept DCS open (not exiting to Desktop) for the last 96 hours. During that time I have started and quit numerous missions without issue. During that same time I have been using my computer normally for other tasks including browsers, Photoshop, a video editor, etc).

Finally exited to the Desktop. Restarted DCS. Ran the 1st mission successfully. 2nd mission crashed.

DCS Crash 05-09-21.jpg

dcs.log-20210509-184846.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On mine, if I delete only the TEMP folder it still crashes. But it seems to eliminate crashes if I delete only the fxo folder before I start the game. Not sure the TEMP folder matters on my install, vis-a-vis crashing.

• Thanks 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Since the 2.7 update I have been experiencing this error regularly. I sent probably over 30 crash reports to ED. Of the four OpenBeta users I know, three of them regularly have the second mission load crash. So it seems to be a widespread problem. I would like to politely ask the ED developers to take this matter seriously and to find a solution quickly. This issue has become a nuisance for many of us.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 12:15 AM, Taz1004 said:

For me, this was related to in-game fullscreen mode.  No more crashing after I turned it off.  And using Alt+Enter to enter the fullscreen didn't cause crash as long as I had in-game fullscreen checked off.  In-game fullscreen option was causing crash on second mission 100% of the time.

I have fullscreen optimization disabled on DCS.exe and DCS_Updater.exe

For anyone who gets the 2nd crash, I highly recommend you to try Taz1004's method as it worked for me and I did not get any crash with this method for 3 days now. 

Only addition I make to this method is I did the whole method once but I enable fullscreen optimizations and apply and then disable it and apply on DCS.exe at every pc start. 

And by the way, don't think that when you disable fullscreen in DCS settings does not mean that you can't play in fullscreen. You still play in fullscreen by Alt+Enter as Taz1004 mentioned.

And since you are playing the Open-Beta completely voluntarily, you can not complain about it, you can only report it. This is Open-Beta, we get all kinds of errors. Actually we are here to get errors and report them, so those guy who play the stable won't get any errors.

''Disable fullscreen optimizations'':

DCS.exe Properties 5_10_2021 3_37_26 PM.png

Edited by Sean Archer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

but there are 3 of us in our group, and this only happens with the Tomcat

Interesting. Last night i tested with the Bankler's CASE 1 again, and the crash did appear only in the F-14. At first i didn't notice this, as 90% of my fly time is in that plane. Are all the crashes here related to the F-14, or do other rides suffer as well?

Oh, BTW, have you guys bought the plane trough the ED store or the HB page? Trying to establish a correlation here.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

19 minutes ago, Sean Archer said:

For anyone who gets the 2nd crash, I highly recommend you to try Taz1004's method as it worked for me and I did not get any crash with this method for 3 days now. 

Only addition I make to this method is I did the whole method once but I enable fullscreen optimizations and apply and then disable it and apply on DCS.exe at every pc start. 

And by the way, don't think that when you disable fullscreen in DCS settings does not mean that you can't play in fullscreen. You still play in fullscreen by Alt+Enter as Taz1004 mentioned.

And since you are playing the Open-Beta completely voluntarily, you can not complain about it, you can only report it. This is Open-Beta, we get all kinds of errors. Actually we are here to get errors and report them, so those guy who play the stable won't get any errors.

''Disable fullscreen optimizations'':

DCS.exe Properties 5_10_2021 3_37_26 PM.png

doesn't work for me

6 minutes ago, Sean Archer said:

And since you are playing the Open-Beta completely voluntarily, you can not complain about it, you can only report it. This is Open-Beta, we get all kinds of errors. Actually we are here to get errors and report them, so those guy who play the stable won't get any errors

+100 ...

For me, Full screen deactivation and 'deleting the folder in LOCAL/TEMP as well as the XFO folder' have not changed anything (tested with Huey Module)

55 minutes ago, Sean Archer said:

Well, that dont work for me either. Did go to Stable  last week, and there got a supposedly rare "second misson" graphical glitch. My respective post is on page 11 of this thread.

That problem on stable was by far not as bad as the crashes in Openbeta, but since both made trouble, I decided to go with the "newer" Openbeta.

Same for 'optimizations', after several repetitive crashes voluntarily reproduced ( shift 'R' after a few minutes flight),

I checked 'Compatibility Windows 8' in DCS.EXE properties.... 

For the moment, no crash ....

Had anyone ever tried this?

15 hours ago, Ironhand said:

I would experience the 2nd mission crash somewhere between 24-30 hours after

This rings a bell! I was getting (and I still am) these "second mission load crashes" routinely, so I did take a few steps recommended here on the forums (pagefile, cleanup & repair etc.). None of them seemed to work except... uninstalling Community A-4E. I unistalled and DCS stopped crashing. So I flew my new Viggen a bit. Then installed it again just out of curiosity, the next day - crashes again. So I flew my Viggen a short bit and went to bed. Then I uninstalled A-4E one more time - no crashes.
I wasn't flying A-4E during those days, I just had it installed/uninstalled, that's all.
Bear in mind that such tests take time, for example it took me a while to notice that bad things happen on the second mission load - sometimes I only launch DCS for a single mission, fly and exit.
Anyway, I thought I found the culprit - community A-4E.

Well... no! After a day or two - so quite like "24-30 hours" mentioned by Ironhand - it started crashing again, this time without A-4E.
These crashes are always (on my rig) in d3dx11.dll or d3...something...backend.dll, IIRC the name of the latter file.
The former file crashes predominantly, the latter - seldom.

Another way of DCS "going wrong" (other than just crashing) is that I get this funny "freeze" sometimes. DCS stops in a mission load screen, with progress bar full and "Mission Load Done" status string. The hard drive remains silent (no activity), nothing happens, as if DCS was actually running happily. No crash. You may wait 10 minutes, but you'll find it stuck in this mission load screen. I've never been patient enough to wait longer.

It may be just a voodoo story, but I do have impression that every 2 or 3 days DCS has a "good day" and doesn't crash/stop. It happens. The next day it crashes/stops, repetitively, reliably, for a day or two. Then comes another good day. I haven't installed/uninstalled any software on this PC since DCS 2.7 (and in long weeks prior to its release). Likewise, I haven't been even launching any other software than DCS, a PDF viewer and the Firefox (mostly for Youtube) since I can't remember when. No other games, fancy software, nothing.
I guess all of this makes exactly no sense, but that's how it works. If today is one of those bad days, DCS will be crashing (or stopping at the "mission load done") until you need to go to sleep. Again, I wasn't patient enough to reset Windows to check if that helps. I'll try that.

I'm not sure if people really should do all these recommended repair attemps on their computers. They, like me, do lots of chaotic maneouvers and then spill "fake news" on the forums. A few days ago I was just about to report that uninstalling A-4E solved my problem. Wrong!
Maybe if people did absolutely nothing with their PC's it would be easier for the devs to "pigeonhole" users, find a common denominator for those who get crashes. I don't know.

Anyway, please take your time (count in days) before reporting problem solved - you may be wrong just as I was.

(For the record - I had no problems in 2.5.6. DCS in this version might have crashed... maybe 3 times in a year.)

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box