2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

Switching W8 compatibility mode deserves more attention.
Without a single deletion of shader files, DCS keeps me 22 missions.
Combination of several restarts UH-1, FA-18, Mig-15 / Caucasus and Syria using the abbreviation shift + R !!!

• Like 1

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Many thanks for all your feedback about the Win8 compatibility mode. I'll add this to my summary and will also tell BIGNEWY and Obi about this right away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team

Hi all,

I have mentioned it to the team, sounds very odd to me. 

Please confirm you are all on the latest version of windows 10 and have all updates installed. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

Please confirm you are all on the latest version of windows 10 and have all updates installed. 

thanks

Yes, fresh windows installation from last saturday. All drivers and DCS up to date.

Guess we are all too much up to date 😄

Windows, graphics and other drivers... everything is up to date.

I tried Win8 compatibility mode and so far so good. I don't see much difference in load times on my machine.

EDIT: ok launch and shutdown are a bit longer than usual (shutdown especially, lasts around 8-10 seconds of black screen), but mission loading is pretty much the same

Edited by XPACT
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

thanks

System and drivers current W10 KB5001391.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

16 minutes ago, XPACT said:

EDIT: ok launch and shutdown are a bit longer than usual (shutdown especially, lasts around 8-10 seconds of black screen), but mission loading is pretty much the same

I noticed the same behavior.

• Like 1

Lastest version of Windows here.

Up to now, after deleting or clearing the mentioned folders, DCS would start making trouble at latest at the third start, but often already at the second mission of the first start.

Since my last post (2hrs ago), I started my PC three times and DCS maybe 6 times with 15-20 missions (10s to 20 mins) with many (usually 2 or 3 reloads). No Problem except for the loadtimes.

Then I removed the compatibility-mode and at the first mission (Caucasus-F18-Freeflight IA) the reload (LShift +R) frooze and DCS crashed.

Put the compatibility-mode back in and the same mission and two other missions also reloaded three times each without a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Im on Windows 10 Home version 19042.964. Nvidia 466.27 drivers.

Edited by Flia

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

As for me, Windows 10 Pro up to date and latest NVidia driver.

My rig: Intel i7-3930K at 4.4 GHz with an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme, 32 GB of RAM at 2133 MHz and a MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING 11G no overclock.

I tried the Windows 8 compatibility option. Unfortunately my game freezes after a while during server search in MP.

So the Windows 8 compatibility is no option for me.

For good measure, here are my latest crash reports.

See you

dcs.log-20210512-194526.zip dcs.log-20210513-122709.zip dcs.log-20210513-202331.zip dcs.log-20210513-203624.zip

OS build: 19042.985
GeForce Drivers: 466.27

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Just thought I would share this. After reading about it on the formus here, I set DCS to run in Windows 8 Compatibility mode. I ran 5 missions back to back on Caucasus, Syria, Persion Gulf with no crashes. I then simply exited DCS and came straight here to post this.
FYI. The mission load times are way longer and so is the DCS exit to desktop as well as Map switch. For some reason I also am seeing a slight performance drop but nothing drastic (5-10FPS).
I need to play some more tomorrow to see if this is the solution for me.

19 hours ago, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

Well, I think I've found my issue but I don't think it may be helpful for everyone else...

I had recently installed a second SSD in order to relieve my C drive which was getting full. I moved LotAtc and OvGME to the new drive. Unfortunately, there were remnants in DCS still looking for those programs. I removed and did a new install of both of those programs completely into the new SSD drive.

I know that many of you have said that you have removed any mods that you have.

Maybe make sure that ANY programs associated with DCS like those mentioned above as well as others such as SRS, Kneeboard Builder, etc. are removed, check for crash and reinstall each one at a time checking for crash each time. 

Numerous reload of missions now have no crashes. Fingers crossed. EDIT: I just saw captain_dalan's post above where he had removed pretty much everything but it crashed at 8th time.  It's late for me but I'll check again tomorrow. Again... fingers crossed. 

It was strange that my crashes were exactly as noted in this thread... immediately upon loading a second mission. 

Nope... got a second mission crash after appx 15 mission loads and 1 computer restarts (I shut it down each night). Guess that wasn't it.

I'm not going to go the Win 8 route. I'll wait for a fix from the Devs.

Edited by II.JG1_Vonrd

On 5/2/2021 at 3:30 PM, the_jovian said:

Just an FYI that I've had greatly reduced crashes lately, and the major change that I had was that I downloaded all the optional Windows 10 updates. In particular, the 20H2 update (and associated fixes which included the KB5001330 rollback. Fingers crossed...

Have more of you tried to uninstall this KB? It's been widely reported as problematic. KB5001330

https://www.windowscentral.com/latest-windows-10-update-causing-nightmare-gamers

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/04/21/april-2021-patch-is-now-causing-trouble-for-more-windows-10-users/

Normally you shouldn't have to do these things, but if you are doing differential diagnosis it can be a interesting test.

For security reasons you should install it again after your tests have concluded.

It can be valuable to know whether this update is part of the problem-stack.

Edited by Panzertard
  • Thanks 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

DCS Crashing on 2nd Mission.

"May 14 8am Success [Hopefully] Completed 6 simple instant actions missions. Pre-start: Deleted all fxo and metashader files. restarted pc. loaded dcs. Reduced Clouds to LOW. Was able to complete 6 missions. After each mission, completely ended mission and went to main menu. At main menu followed Flappie's advice below and opened options and clicked 'OK'. After 6th mission exited dcs. Missions: 4x F15C takeoff A.D. persian gulf. 1x F5E free flight caucasus. 1x F5E take off caucasus. Will do further testing later."

[See my main post for updates]

Will do more tests later.

Sad to report that on next set of tests DCS again crashed on loading of 2nd mission. [Update May 14 1:45pm local]

Edited by NightHawk1867
  • Like 1

Canadian 🇨🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧. DCS World Open Beta 2.7. 

Aircraft: Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst. F/A-18C Hornet, F-5E3 Tiger II. Flaming Cliffs: F-15C, Mig29, Su27, Su33, Su25, A10A. Community aircraft: A4 Skyhawk, T45 Goshawk, A29a Tucano, MB339, J39 Gripen, Hercules C-130. Assets and Maps: US Super Carrier, WWII Assets Pack. Maps: Caucasus, Channel, Mariana Islands, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria. Simulation computer system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT, 64GB memory, 2x 1TB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 32" Samsung monitor. 🍁 [updated Jan07 2022]

This morning's crash. Used Flappie's suggested quick start Su-25T Mineralnoye Vody mission. Flew in several segments as determined by life's interruptions: 5:00-5:30, 6:00-6:15, 9:40-10:25, 10:31 to Crash (in case the times help in deciphering the FolderChangeView files).

Started DCS and accepted the default settings; only peripherals were rudders, flight stick and throttle. Selected the mission, flew for 1 minute (more or less) and exited to debrief screen. Clicked fly again and flew again. This continued until I needed to leave the computer to deal with something more important. Each time I stopped, I left the sim on the debrief screen. Clicked fly again, when I returned. Unfortunately, I lost track of how many flights I took but it was quite a few.

Finally decided to force the issue. Exited to the main screen from the debrief and, from there, to the Desktop. Immediately restarted the sim and selected the same mission. Flew one minute, exited to the debrief, selected fly again, and it crashed with the load bar at complete and the message: mission loaded with the crash dialogue box up.

DCS Crash 5-14-21.html DCS Crash 5-14-21.txt dcs.log-20210514-143124.zip

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

DCS Crashing on 2nd Mission Sad to say that on second set of test DCS crashed on loading of second mission. Back to troubleshooting. 😕

Canadian 🇨🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧. DCS World Open Beta 2.7. 

Aircraft: Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst. F/A-18C Hornet, F-5E3 Tiger II. Flaming Cliffs: F-15C, Mig29, Su27, Su33, Su25, A10A. Community aircraft: A4 Skyhawk, T45 Goshawk, A29a Tucano, MB339, J39 Gripen, Hercules C-130. Assets and Maps: US Super Carrier, WWII Assets Pack. Maps: Caucasus, Channel, Mariana Islands, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria. Simulation computer system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT, 64GB memory, 2x 1TB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 32" Samsung monitor. 🍁 [updated Jan07 2022]

Today I cleard the FXO cache.

I then flew with the Hornet on the SC in MP (as single client only).

Then I stopped the session for lunch.

I then restarted the MP session, and this time I selected the Tomcat A.

After a click on the FLY button DCS didn't respond anymore, I had to kill DCS.exe via the task manager after a minute.

I have no track file, since I disabled writing of it with autoexec.cfg.

Attached, find logfile and the mission file.

dcs.log C-SUPERCARRIER-HORNET-8-TOMCAT-4-POPULATION TEMPLATE TOViper v4.miz

Edited by Cougar29