2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

I'm not sure if you want non-reports but the fly-an-empty-mission-first method worked for me really well.  After today's patch, I tried 5-8 missions without flying an empty mission and experienced no crashes.  I'll report back, submit logs if crashes to happen again.

Thanks to @Flappie, the beta tester team and all the devs for all the hard work.  I've been following this monster thread and it can't be easy staying on top of all the various crash reports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes. Thanks all for your work. 

• Like 2

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Yes very stable for the moment since the last update, congratulations to all for this feedback to understand and find the solution in front of these crashes, thank you to the Beta Testers Team for your work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Confirmed fix on my side, no Crashing especially in the Tomcat. Good job team ! Good work.

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

3 hours ago, captain_dalan said:

We are talking about this one?

1-60 crash.jpg

Yes, that is it...at least for me.  It only happens with the Tomcat.

It is a hard crash that doesn't create a crash log and I need to reboot since nothing is mouse clickable.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Also Great job on those steady clouds too, my G2/VR/DCS/SinglePlayer/Multiplayer is just pure awesome ! Great performance too. Well Done.

Cheers !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

@Flappie I checked to be sure my Windows updates and Nvidia drivers were current. I attempted to fly an F-14 mission and received the same 2nd load crash with the new patch, updated drivers, and the latest Windows updates. 

I'm fine turning Windows 8 compatibility back on so that the game is playable at the very least. Unfortunately, I use SSAA 1.5, which now causes the clouds to clip the aircraft in game.

On balance, this update is a pretty big step backwards for me. I'm pretty frustrated.  I don't think my computer specs make me some sort of edge case, but maybe I'm wrong. Please see my latest crash logs attached. 

dcs.20210603-021453.log

dcs.20210603-031742.log dcs.20210603-032317.log

Edited by jfnelson0127

Just wanted to thank all involved for their efforts in resolving these crashes. So far I'm in the group for whom the crashes seem to be solved. Hopefully the other crashes folks are experiencing will be resolved soon as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

3 hours ago, jfnelson0127 said:

@Flappie I checked to be sure my Windows updates and Nvidia drivers were current. I attempted to fly an F-14 mission and received the same 2nd load crash with the new patch, updated drivers, and the latest Windows updates. 

I'm fine turning Windows 8 compatibility back on so that the game is playable at the very least. Unfortunately, I use SSAA 1.5, which now causes the clouds to clip the aircraft in game.

On balance, this update is a pretty big step backwards for me. I'm pretty frustrated.  I don't think my computer specs make me some sort of edge case, but maybe I'm wrong. Please see my latest crash logs attached. 

dcs.20210603-021453.log 117.83 kB · 0 downloads

dcs.20210603-031742.log 111.96 kB · 0 downloads dcs.20210603-032317.log 122.74 kB · 0 downloads

Your logs look a bit different to the typical second mission crash logs. Would you be able to:

1- remove any mods you might have (this includes stuff in the Saved Games>mods folder),

2- make sure Win_8 mode is actually disabled (trying turning it on and then off again),

3- run a clean up, AND a repair, (backup or delete any extra files found)

4- disable SSAA 1.5x  for now until the next patch arrives,

And then try again. And post your logs once more if it crashes.

Cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

18 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Your logs look a bit different to the typical second mission crash logs. Would you be able to:

1- remove any mods you might have (this includes stuff in the Saved Games>mods folder),

2- make sure Win_8 mode is actually disabled (trying turning it on and then off again),

3- run a clean up, AND a repair, (backup or delete any extra files found)

4- disable SSAA 1.5x  for now until the next patch arrives,

And then try again. And post your logs once more if it crashes.

Cheers

You can turn SSAA to 2x and it should work as well

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

3 hours ago, jfnelson0127 said:

dcs.20210603-021453.log 117.83 kB · 2 downloads

dcs.20210603-031742.log 111.96 kB · 1 download dcs.20210603-032317.log 122.74 kB · 2 downloads

@jfnelson0127 which mission / terrain are you flying, and how are you trying to restart the mission? @wowbaggeris right that your logs have a different line in just before the crash occurs

2021-06-03 03:17:42.431 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Zero size of texture 'NVD_0'!

and it would be good to know your step by step to feed back to the dev team

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

@jfnelson0127 What wowbagger and hornblower793 said. You're having a different crash.  Please try what wowbagger suggested, and also this:

• Delete the content of "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\fxo"
  • Delete the content of "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\metashaders2" (it's often empty, but not always)
  • Delete the content of "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache" (if Windows tells you some files can't be deleted, just hit "Ignore")

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

After being plagued by crashes after the 2.7 update I'm happy to say that after installing the latest patch I've had several sessions of DCS with no crashes. Thanks to all at ED who worked on fixing this one. As a software dev I share your pain. Good work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, RogSimu said:

Hello, DCS crash and crash by modifying the SSAA OFF value to 1.5, F / A 18 C Gulf Landing Case 1, I reset the value to OFF SSAA no crash?

Thanks - issue identified yesterday and hopefully fixed internally and therefore in next patch

• Like 1

This seems to be fixed on my system. Played several missions yesterday with no crashes. Crossing my fingers.

• Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

16 minutes ago, Kula66 said:

Still an issue on my system (Win10, HP G1 VR, 32GB, M2, 3090) - load a mission, fly it, go to mission editor, fly again and 'WAITNG ...'

dcs.log 137.51 kB · 1 download

What does WAITING mean - are you stuck at World load 1 /60?

Also, was the original mission loaded from the ME or through Instant Action / Missions.

This is different to the second mission load crash solved in this thread as this is a hanging application without a crash log being created.

If you could upload the mission I am happy to try it on my system with the F-14 and see what happens

Edited by hornblower793

• ED Team
15 minutes ago, Kula66 said:

Still an issue on my system (Win10, HP G1 VR, 32GB, M2, 3090) - load a mission, fly it, go to mission editor, fly again and 'WAITNG ...'

dcs.log 137.51 kB · 2 downloads

Hi,

can I ask you to try this

rename your dcs folder in saved games C:\Users\j2\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta to C:\Users\j2\Saved Games\DCS.openbetabackup

this will create a backup, when you restart dcs it will create a new one and then you can login and test again.

I think your issue is slightly different from the second mission crash

2 minutes ago, kengou said:

This seems to be fixed on my system. Played several missions yesterday with no crashes. Crossing my fingers.

thanks for letting us know

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

rename your dcs folder in saved games C:\Users\j2\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta to C:\Users\j2\Saved Games\DCS.openbetabackup

I renamed the folder and just copied CONFIG across, ie. not scripts (I have Tacview, Viacom and a chair addin), etc and ran the same mission what felt like 10 times with no crashes ... not conclusive, and I'll keep trying. 

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Kula66 said:

I renamed the folder and just copied CONFIG across, ie. not scripts (I have Tacview, Viacom and a chair addin), etc and ran the same mission what felt like 10 times with no crashes ... not conclusive, and I'll keep trying. 

thanks, good to hear 

maybe something in the settings or config

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2