new clouds corruption

12 hours ago, Canada_Moose said:

You are welcome. Just for the record, after a clean update to 2.7, I ran the repair and found several issues. It was just a suggestion.

yeah i run repair after every bigger update, for that reason, and delete the shader folders.

my apologies if my previous post sounded rude, that wasnt my intention.

7 hours ago, HunterICX said:

using a AMD Vega 64

thats another valuable piece of the puzzle.

so far everyone affected was using a GPU with GCN 4 architecture, but Vega 64 is GCN 5.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 11:38 PM, pierrewind said:

RX580 getting similar artifacts. Though, it seems less frequent/more random for me than what I see on the videos.image.png

Confirmed. Even with the newest Graphics card drivers. RX580 Nitro user here.

forum.png

2 patches further, drivers updated, ran repair again, cleared my Fxo & Metashaders and I'm still getting them.

O2pKgU3.png

cRv1Q1M.png

kDxwDlg.png

Just doing any of the free flights / Instant actions for any module and I can reproduce it.

Just in case I'm running a AMD Vega64 drivers: 21.3.1

36 minutes ago, HunterICX said:

2 patches further, drivers updated, ran repair again, cleared my Fxo & Metashaders and I'm still getting them.

Yup, Vega 64 here, I also still see them from time to time

Clearly, only AMD users are getting this bug.

Can you guys attach your dcs.log file please? dorian666 already attached his, but I need to check yours as well. Thanks.

(C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log - may appear as "dcs" )

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks.

You both have old fxo shader files, as if DCS wouldn't delete those with latest update.

Try emptying your C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\fxo\ folder to get rid of these errors:

DX11BACKEND: Precompiled effect c:/users/username/saved games/dcs/fxo/08fa1c7c972a1853843dd2be7d0d4694.fxo(deferred/blurcompute.fx:DIRECTX11=true;FILTER_KERNEL0= 0.00333, 0.02382, 0.09719, 0.22598, 0.29937, 0.22598, 0.09719,;FILTER_KERNEL1= 0.02382, 0.00333;FILTER_KERNEL2;FILTER_KERNEL3;FILTER_KERNEL4;FILTER_SIZE=9;PIXELS_PER_THREAD_X=1;PIXELS_PER_THREAD_Y=1;SHARED_PIXELS_COUNT=480;SIZE_X=480;SIZE_Y=270;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;) was built with older dcs version.
DX11BACKEND: Precompiled effect c:/users/username/saved games/dcs/fxo/7a9bab9e8d010d4381af0ecfbbeb0bd3.fxo(deferred/blurcompute.fx:DIRECTX11=true;FILTER_KERNEL0= 0.00222, 0.00877, 0.02702, 0.06483, 0.12111, 0.17621, 0.19968,;FILTER_KERNEL1= 0.17621, 0.12111, 0.06483, 0.02702, 0.00877, 0.00222;FILTER_KERNEL2;FILTER_KERNEL3;FILTER_KERNEL4;FILTER_SIZE=13;PIXELS_PER_THREAD_X=1;PIXELS_PER_THREAD_Y=1;SHARED_PIXELS_COUNT=120;SIZE_X=120;SIZE_Y=67;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;) was built with older dcs version.

However, I don't think those are linked to the spinning artifacts you're seeing, because dorian666 don't have them in his log. 😐

That is strange because as I stated in the post above, I did clear my FXO and METASHADER folder beforehand. I don't know how they end up in the logs.

Just for future attempts or having to clear, can't I just delete the 2 folders as a whole?

Edited by HunterICX

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

You both have old fxo shader files, as if DCS wouldn't delete those with latest update.

Try emptying your C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\fxo\ folder to get rid of these errors:

I am deleting FXO to keep me going from second mission crash problem almost regularly (when the crash happens)  😄 I didn't delete them when I updated to newest beta yesterday but since their deletion can trigger crashes back, I won't touch it for now... Had black boxes with every 2.7 version so I don't believe that is the case

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

Clearly, only AMD users are getting this bug.

Can you guys attach your dcs.log file please? dorian666 already attached his, but I need to check yours as well. Thanks.

(C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log - may appear as "dcs" )

Not just AMD.
Nvidia user here, and I get them (very sporadically!). Sometimes I may see them every few minutes, other times maybe once an hour. When I first saw it I immediately thought “shit! Bird strike!” and tried to avoid. :doh:

Edited by G.J.S

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

46 minutes ago, G.J.S said:

Not just AMD.
Nvidia user here, and I get them (very sporadically!). Sometimes I may see them every few minutes, other times maybe once an hour. When I first saw it I immediately thought “shit! Bird strike!” and tried to avoid. :doh:

Thanks for your feedback. I was seeing only AMD users since the beginning of this thread.

1 hour ago, HunterICX said:

Just for future attempts or having to clear, can't I just delete the 2 folders as a whole?

Yes, you can. It will only make DCS slower to start and to load missions, because it will need to compile shaders everytime you delete them.

I have the same error , but on all maps and modules. The error does not appear on the ground on the cockpit instruments and in external view. The error appears when looking at the sky from the cockpit, most often when looking perpendicularly upwards. I don't get the error when I edit the mission in the editor, see picture . 

set.jpg

Edited by AnY

Windows 10 64bit | CPU AMD 2700x | 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Asus Prime x470-PRO | GPU AMD Shappire 5700 8GB

• 2 weeks later...

Boah the jittering clouds are a game killer. 2.7 Is unplayable in VR for me!

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2