Air to air refuelling for AI does never finish

Re my previous post on strange AI refueling behavior, here's a track file. I had to accelerate a lot to go through it faster.

It's basically a sead mission, two hornet flights and two viper flights. When coming back they have a refuel WP. I used 2 separate tankers for each.

In both cases, the F-16's remain stuck and one flight of hornets ends up flying above the KC130's wing.

Attached 1 track file and the miz file.  

PGC_refuel test2.miz refuelAIbehaviorr2.trk

• 3 weeks later...

Seems also to happen with Su-33 on IL-78m ... AI get stuck with huge nose down attitude.

20210808025933_1.jpg

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

Man, I thought my wingman in an F-14 campaign was taking forever to refuel. I just ended up telling him to rejoin after a few minutes which got him to disconnect from the tanker. Fix soon? I see this thread is from April 😞

Edited by unlikely_spider
  • Like 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

• 1 month later...

AI air-to-air refueling seems to work alright now but after completing refueling, the AI seems to want to return to the carrier.

I'm trying to create a mission that requires flying deep into Syria with two F/A-18C launching from a carrier. I have set up the wingman as a separate group so that in can fly as my lead and attack its own targets.

The steps I have up are as follow:

- upon entering zone, orbiting KC-135 pushes to next waypoint  --  it then flies in a straight line

- at waypoint, AI gets Perform Task -> Refueling  --  AI cathes up with KC-135 and starts refueling

- ON REFUEL, AI inside the tanker's moving zone, it sends a message that the AI has started refueling  --  this works like a charm

- ONE REFUEL STOP, AI inside the tanker's small moving zone, it sends a message that the AI has stopped refueling and AI TASK PUSH to follow tanker -- AI breaks away, message appears and AI heads back to carrier

I have tried giving additional orders, such as AI TASK PUSH to follow play or head to next waypoint, but to no avail.

Gosh - these quirks are really frustrating me. Does anyone have suggestions to how to get this to work?

Edit/update: After trying a few other approaches, it appears that all the AI's waypoints disappeared after completing refueling.

Refueling.jpg

Edited by Nix Mills