Version 2.7 and modules already installed...

Greetings,

I'm seeing that version 2.5.6, including some modules, is taking about half the capacity of my dedicated SSD. If I install 2.7 on the same unit, the modules already installed will be shared by both versions or I'll have to download and install again everything for the new version?

2 hours ago, Sparrow_1976 said:

Greetings,

I'm seeing that version 2.5.6, including some modules, is taking about half the capacity of my dedicated SSD. If I install 2.7 on the same unit, the modules already installed will be shared by both versions or I'll have to download and install again everything for the new version?

If you update DCS 2.5.6 to 2.7.0 the update will only overwritte the nercesairy 2.5.6 files to make it 2.7.0. So you modules will be keept.

My skins

13 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

If you update DCS 2.5.6 to 2.7.0 the update will only overwritte the nercesairy 2.5.6 files to make it 2.7.0. So you modules will be keept.

How can I update the existing version? The auto-updated (the one that checks for newer versions before launching the sim) doesn't detect any updates, I can only download the installer.

Sounds like you're running the Stable version if it's not detecting the update. What you can do is:

• Go to your install dir > bin folder: mine is (H:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin)
  • File>Open windows powershell
  • type 'cmd' and hit enter
  • type 'DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta' and hit enter

That should run the updater and convert it from stable to openbeta

image.png

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Danny,

I ran your suggestion and after the operation completed I tried to update openbeta again and got the message version 2.56..... is up to date, then the program started to open? I've had this for a few days now and getting a little frustrated. We need someone to rewrite the updater application file I think!

BilC

On 4/15/2021 at 5:28 AM, Danny_P said:

Sounds like you're running the Stable version if it's not detecting the update. What you can do is:

• Go to your install dir > bin folder: mine is (H:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin)
  • File>Open windows powershell
  • type 'cmd' and hit enter
  • type 'DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta' and hit enter

That should run the updater and convert it from stable to openbeta

image.png

It's actually .\DCS_Updater.exe update@openbeta.

You must use dot/backslash in front of DCS.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU