2.7 Update and Flaps Analog and Ram-Air and Carb. Heat levers

Captain Orso

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick, and I've had flaps assigned to the slider/dial on the far right of the throttle-box. It has always worked perfectly, except that instead of it using the 5% steps, it was exactly analog to the setting of the slider; eg if I move the slider just a few degrees, the flaps only moved a few degrees, once up to 5% and the lever would move into the correct position and so on in 5% steps. Now the hand-lever doesn't move at all.

If I now move the hand-lever per mouse-click, it moves the lever in 5% steps, but the flaps themselves don't move until the hand lever "catches up" with the analog slider position. But even then, it doesn't seem to change the flaps setting synchronized with the lever perfectly (visual confirmation looking outside the cockpit),

Previously the Ram-Air sliding lever and the Carb. Heat sliding lever, actually slid when you activated them with an assigned switch. Now they jump from front to back and back to front, which looks really crappy.

Pretty please, to fix these 😉

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I have a similar experience using key-binds ('F' flaps down a notch, shift-'F' flaps up a notch).

With flaps up and flaps lever up, pressing F will lower the flaps a notch as expected but the lever goes all the way down. Pressing F again will lower the flaps further, the lever stays down. Similar when moving flaps up.

So the flaps work as expected but the lever goes out of sync all the way up or down when using keyboard input.

Setting the lever with mouse left/right works fine.

PS: I do love the new clouds, and the new 'view' through the propeller. Great work ED and thank you!

Animation is the least of problem. P-51 lost RAM air, so significant lost of performance above  static critical altitude.

i checked other warbirds, fortunately RAM air is working.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

RAM air control does work if you have it set to an axis, it's just that the in-cockpit lever doesn't move when you do that.

On the other hand, moving the in-cockpit lever has no effect on the actual RAM air, as mentioned.

Glad to see this issue isn't something specific to my machine - thought I had messed something up with the 51 settings somehow. Had to fiddle with the lua files to get the flap/warm/cold levers working somewhat like I remember them doing pre 2.7. Have them bound to a CH throttle quadrant. Controls window showed proper movement with all 3 axis, but no animation or perceived effect in-game.

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2021 at 9:05 PM, MJDixon said:

RAM air control does work if you have it set to an axis, it's just that the in-cockpit lever doesn't move when you do that.

On the other hand, moving the in-cockpit lever has no effect on the actual RAM air, as mentioned.

Is this still a thing? The RAM air lever does not work in the pit? Is having it bound to an axis the only way to open the RAM air?

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7ghz | GTX 960 | 16gb Crucial Ballistix

F/A-18C | Ka-50 | FC3 | A-10C | P-51D | UH-1H

Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, Lennoxonnell said:

Is this still a thing? The RAM air lever does not work in the pit? Is having it bound to an axis the only way to open the RAM air?

From my experience, it is only way to make RAM air work. Like i said, ED claims that ww2  and modern devs are different teams, but i say that ED moved every one to modern team.

How long it would take to fix that if anyone would stay in ww2 team? as far as i know some customer made fix by himself.

Moving lever inside the cockpit by mouse has no effect. Full focus on AH-64 so only skeleton crews left in non critical departaments.

Don't take me wrong, i would do the same thing 🙂

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

As far as I can see, the Flaps UP/Down as well as the Flaps Axis commands are working again.

This never affected me, as I'm using a cusom command that lets me switch between FLIGHT/10% OUT/20% OUT/LAND using the flaps switch on the TM WH throttle.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

49 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

As far as I can see, the Flaps UP/Down as well as the Flaps Axis commands are working again.

This never affected me, as I'm using a cusom command that lets me switch between FLIGHT/10% OUT/20% OUT/LAND using the flaps switch on the TM WH throttle.

Flaps are working, but RAM air not. Cold air lever moved via mouse or key binds does not work, only bind cold lever to axis command works, those lever in cockpit does not move while operated via axis but RAM air effect become available. Right now if you don't bind cold lever to axis and you are flying P-51 at alt above 10k you loose a lot of power above this altitude. So P-51 is severely handicapped  right now if not use axis for cold air control.

Edited by grafspee