Where are loadout-.lua-files located in 2.7?

berk.kp

Same; the missiles_data.lua and missiles_table.lua files (along with all the luas in Scripts/Database/Weapons) are gone.

@BIGNEWY@Chizh why were these files removed? They were very useful to find information on missile seekers, motors, etc. Plus it helped in making bug reports, or if you wanted to mod missiles.

Edited by dundun92
  • Like 3

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

I've managed to find them in  MissionEditor -> data -> scripts -> UnitPayloads, the FC3 aircraft all seem to be here.

Others are located in the CoreMods and Mods folder.

But as with what dundun said, all of the database .lua files apart from what can be found in CoreMods have also disappeared and I can't find them. I used to mod these files to have more preferable display names (i.e keeping it consistent, defining the variant, making corrections), and now I'm unable to do that. 

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...

I had to do a re-install 2.7.x trying to fix the "second mission crash" issue I have been battling, along with many others.

I wanted to restore my saved load-outs to my system. Can't find the load-out file(s), even thought this is the first time I've tried to restore them. Older threads had information on them, but I can assume here even experienced people are saying they are now removed? I guess I have to pull up mission editor and start all over again?

If you folks find them, or can point to a way to restore previous versions I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

---

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

1 hour ago, Noluck said:

I had to do a re-install 2.7.x trying to fix the "second mission crash" issue I have been battling, along with many others.

I wanted to restore my saved load-outs to my system. Can't find the load-out file(s), even thought this is the first time I've tried to restore them. Older threads had information on them, but I can assume here even experienced people are saying they are now removed? I guess I have to pull up mission editor and start all over again?

If you folks find them, or can point to a way to restore previous versions I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

---

If you want to overwrite the default payloads, you can find most of them in MissionEditor -> data -> scripts -> UnitPayloads. Most module specific default loadouts can be found in CoreMods -> aircraft -> [aircraft name] -> UnitPayloads. For the A-20G it's Mods -> tech -> WWII Units -> UnitPayloads -> A-20G.lua (for the A-20G).

If you want to restore your own saved loadouts they go in [Your user name] -> Saved Games -> DCS -> MissionEditor -> UnitPayloads

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

10 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

If you want to overwrite the default payloads, you can find most of them in MissionEditor -> data -> scripts -> UnitPayloads. Most module specific default loadouts can be found in CoreMods -> aircraft -> [aircraft name] -> UnitPayloads. For the A-20G it's Mods -> tech -> WWII Units -> UnitPayloads -> A-20G.lua (for the A-20G).

If you want to restore your own saved loadouts they go in [Your user name] -> Saved Games -> DCS -> MissionEditor -> UnitPayloads

Thanks so much, that did it... and I owe you a beer.

Still learning DCS directory and file structures, even after a year I'm still learning. When I wrote code we tried to keep it tidy. DCS has not done too bad a job at it, especially with all the updates over the years.

NOTE: I renamed the ../Saved Games/DCS/MissionEditor/UnitPayloads/FA-18C.lua -> FA-18C.lua.orig. I then copied my most recent backup FA-18C.lua there. I tested DCS and at first it would not show my loadouts. I checked again and of course even brought up the files in Notepad++ to review. So, I deleted the FA-18C.lua.orig  backup file. Re-ran DCS and there are my loadouts, in mission and mission editor.

First time in my carrier I've seen a program pickup and run a script, or any file type, with a *.orig file extension. The two mentioned files were the ONLY files in that directory, the backup and the new one. I wonder if this should be brought up with the dev's?

Cheers

---

• Like 1

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms