DCS 2.7 appreciation thread.

Mizzy

Am I the only one noticing that the AI has some new tricks up its sleeve? Flying a couple of my own dogfight missions which I’ve flown over a hundred times apiece I’ve noticed the enemy AI pulling maneuvers and using tactics they’ve never used before, including F-15’s just plugging their blowers and extending like they know I can’t keep up in my F-18. 

• Like 1

This 2.7 update and its rollout, total mic drop from ED and 3rd party devs.

Thank you, to everyone involved.

Edited by Knock-Knock
  • Like 2

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

We had to wait quite long for this update but the hard wait was really worth it. During download I saw a long thread about significant FPS drops. Due to my mid-range PC I was afraid that I'm affected as well. But to my surprise I cannot complain about a noteworthy performance loss so far.
Big thanks @ED for this great update which brings besides the visual improvements a lot of new features as well as bug fixes!

• Like 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

29 minutes ago, AstonMartinDBS said:

We had to wait quite long for this update but the hard wait was really worth it. During download I saw a long thread about significant FPS drops. Due to my mid-range PC I was afraid that I'm affected as well. But to my surprise I cannot complain about a noteworthy performance loss so far.
Big thanks @ED for this great update which brings besides the visual improvements a lot of new features as well as bug fixes!

Your system looks pretty deadly compared to mine, and I have great performance. You might want to double check everything on your rig--clock speeds under load, that sort of deal.

DCS 2.7 kicks ass.

AD

Edited by Aluminum Donkey
  • Like 1

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

DCS 2.7 has given every map new life. Even the tired Caucasus, with the new clouds, is absolutely enchanting. The visuals are absolutely incredible and every map seems to fly smoother. Then there are improvements to aircraft, etc. as well. Great job!

• Like 5

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

6 hours ago, Ironhand said:

DCS 2.7 has given every map new life. Even the tired Caucasus, with the new clouds, is absolutely enchanting. The visuals are absolutely incredible and every map seems to fly smoother. Then there are improvements to aircraft, etc. as well. Great job!

Couldn't have said it better.

It's like an entire new sim with this update.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I am really enjoying the update. Making AAR's inside the clouds is amazing. 

And helicopter flying become more fun. Yesterday I made a 100+ mile mi-8 flight just by enjoying the scene, I just flew it nothing else.

Thank you ED  

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I’m loving the 2.7 release and am very pleasantly surprised at the increased immersion the cloud development provides.  It’s like every aspect of a mission has become a fantastic new adventure due to the complexity introduced by the weather effects.  In no way did I expect to enjoy this update as much as I am.  I’m totally absorbed carrying out missions due to the added realism with this improvement – It’s really awesome.  Thank you to ED, the testers and everyone on the forum who consistently support the development by pointing out bugs and pushing for even further improvement in all areas.

• Like 1

I am not griping or anything, because I am one of those that suffer from DCS crashing after 2.7 so I am not able to experience this in the fullest yet (reported it and waiting for a fix) but that is life and how things work when a big update comes, so I am not mad.

However I took quick flights in the Mi-8, Huey, Mig-29, Su-25T and F-16 on the Caucasus map and simply put...

It was breathtaking. 

• Like 2

Don't have any purty screencaps but man the game looks and runs incredible.  I am running an "old" GTX 1070 with 16g of DDR4 and an i5 @4.8GHZ and the game just runs so smooth.  Don't have everything maxed of course but the stuff that matters is high or better and I run from 45-55 FPS at 1440p with a custom header tracker and its silky.  Great stuff! 

• Like 1

I've had a loss of FPS, had to re-tweak the settings (along with new install and clean saved games folder)!

But I don't care, its far more smoother than before (despite the lower fps), and oh my so beautiful !!

I even went and bought Syria now, and yeah low'ish fps, but steady and silky smooth and stunningly gorgeous.

Very big well done, you have definitely taken this sim to new heights and completely set a new standard of realism 👍👍👏

I love cr***ing myself when I get spatial disoriented in the clouds, I love having to think twice about what's below me now, I love the lighting and the way the sun shines through the clouds and the lighting on the ground, I love the clouds... love it... 🥰

Keep up the good work, fix those pesky problems and keep bringing us more goodies for 2.7 please 😎

Unfortunately I will have to enjoy the 2.7 update in YouTube videos until it makes it way to Stable, but I think the reaction to the update so far underscores the importance of REALISM to this community.

When we support DCS world by purchasing one of its many planes, most of us do so because of all the details that have been so painstakingly modeled to recreated and simulate the complex systems that make up the plane purchased. But it goes without saying that separate from the reality built into the plane model itself, everything happening exterior to the canopy is a separate element, and requires the same attention to detail in order to be properly simulated. Whether the element is a map, an assets pack, a super carrier, or the Combined Arms module, the amount of work required to create the level of realism expected deserves no less support.

I just picked up two more war birds, not just because they are so beautifully modeled, but because these guys get it! Oh yeah, did I forget to mention,... the WWII Assets Pack is on sale.:love:

• Like 2

First off I must say well done ED, am really enjoying the 2.7 update, the clouds make so much more of a difference to the feeling of the sim!

Flying the F/A-18 in the Gulf with the atflir pod is fantastic!

Had a slight drop in FPS but nothing too drastic, might need to upgrade the i7 6700k soon.

Just played 2.7 for first time, hats off to Wags and the teams I am blown away.  Not just the clouds but at near to sunset over Nevada the ground lighting, the shadowing absolutely amazing guys and with no noticeable frame rate hit.  DCS is the best!  Thank you guys 

Edited by MikePotten

On 4/19/2021 at 6:36 AM, Mr.Scar said:

I am not griping or anything, because I am one of those that suffer from DCS crashing after 2.7 so I am not able to experience this in the fullest yet (reported it and waiting for a fix) but that is life and how things work when a big update comes, so I am not mad.

However I took quick flights in the Mi-8, Huey, Mig-29, Su-25T and F-16 on the Caucasus map and simply put...

It was breathtaking. 

Yes, unfortunately some have a problem but it will be solved, it's computing afterall 🙂 Once it's fixed, I'm sure you will have a ball rediscovering DCS all over again and every map is now great to play. Enjoy when you can ! 

9 minutes ago, gulredrel said:

Absolutely great just for flying around. Haven't dropped a single weapon with 2.7 yet.

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/muwbcc68nauuqjl/Screen_210417_125126.jpg?raw=1[/img]

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8s8k6xjnsnohb3/Screen_210418_171149.jpg?raw=1[/img]

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5om0jigqwxw9rf/Screen_210418_173618.jpg?raw=1[/img]

Regards

Jens

Lovely 🙂

17 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

Unfortunately I will have to enjoy the 2.7 update in YouTube videos until it makes it way to Stable, but I think the reaction to the update so far underscores the importance of REALISM to this community.

When we support DCS world by purchasing one of its many planes, most of us do so because of all the details that have been so painstakingly modeled to recreated and simulate the complex systems that make up the plane purchased. But it goes without saying that separate from the reality built into the plane model itself, everything happening exterior to the canopy is a separate element, and requires the same attention to detail in order to be properly simulated. Whether the element is a map, an assets pack, a super carrier, or the Combined Arms module, the amount of work required to create the level of realism expected deserves no less support.

I just picked up two more war birds, not just because they are so beautifully modeled, but because these guys get it! Oh yeah, did I forget to mention,... the WWII Assets Pack is on sale.:love:

Oh what a shame but each to their own when it comes to using software. One thing I can guarantee you, there are no Youtube videos that really do 2.7 justice, it's one of those things that you have to see and play for yourself. You are in for a big treat when you do. I hope it's soon !

Edited by Mizzy

3 hours ago, Mizzy said:

Oh what a shame but each to their own when it comes to using software. One thing I can guarantee you, there are no Youtube videos that really do 2.7 justice, it's one of those things that you have to see and play for yourself. You are in for a big treat when you do. I hope it's soon !

Thanks @Mizzy,

That's my hope too. Actually I'm hoping that this update is so substantial and important in terms of DCS world itself that it makes it to stable a little quicker then usual. The YouTube video's are absolutely amazing, but I completely get your sentiment and am really looking forward to experiencing it for myself.

• Like 1

I just went VR so it's double fun for me now. I am absolutely impressed.

Have some time and don't know what to do? Run ME, chose a map of the day, put your aircraft of choice anywhere, select some fun cloud set (preferably overcast broken with rain ;] ) and just fly... Now, where is that airfield? Divert? Not today 🙂

Thank you ED, great job there. Mind you DCS 2.7 is still for free!

• Like 4

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 hours ago, draconus said:

Thank you ED, great job there. Mind you DCS 2.7 is still for free!

Yes, people can actually download this for FREE and fly for free in two high quality aircraft, I wish all this was available when I was younger 😀

• Like 2

Got to spend a couple more hours in it this evening. 

Not near enough comments on the new sounds! Carrier takeoffs and landings are awesome, the sound of another jet passing by, just loads of little things that make it sooo much better!

And yes, new smoke and fire effects are awesome! 

And in VR, the new spotting / dot settings.... AMAZING! 

And water / wake effects...and how clear the water can be when you are directly over it, or when the sun hits it right... just love it all!