2.7 VR issues

nrosko

Clouds jittering. They move about like they are a separate superimposed image & shake in the distance, this makes me nauseous. 

Dark banding in the sea.

Clouds banding stipes these meet with other stripes at 110 degree angles.

Very blurry clouds in distance wit heavy aliasing 

Multiple CTD

Sometimes vapour trails only appear in one eye in the distance. 

• Like 1

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

Yeah I have witnessed the moving around and shaking.

Have not had any CTD's yet so far. Spent probably around 2.5 hours flying in a Hornet campaign.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The CTD seems pretty random as will load up the same mission from the creator & it will work after it crashed the first time. 

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

Clouds jittering. They move about like they are a separate superimposed image & shake in the distance, this makes me nauseous. 
Dark banding in the sea.
Multiple CTD

I can say I have witnessed all the points except CTD. (Reverb G2)

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Am 15.4.2021 um 00:03 schrieb nrosko:

Dark banding in the sea.

Multiple CTD

After a few hours of testing i can say i have all the issues as you described, except a CTD.

What also comes with me are lightning-like artefacts. Hard to describe, bright short flashes of... something. Which occurs every now and then.

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the 2.7 open beta this week, and I experienced exactly this, as mentioned by the OP : "Clouds jittering. They move about like they are a separate superimposed image & shake in the distance". This makes the clouds unusable (at least for me) in the current state.

I'm using a Valve Index, by the way.

Edited by Jo Le Trembleur

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

20 minutes ago, Jo Le Trembleur said:

I just installed the 2.7 open beta this week, and I experienced exactly this, as mentioned by the OP : "Clouds jittering. They move about like they are a separate superimposed image & shake in the distance". This makes the clouds unusable (at least for me) in the current state.

I'm using a Valve Index, by the way.

Yeah the clouds are really bad in the Index, worse than in Reverb G2 for sure.

Perhaps something to do with Index having canted displays. Hopefully ED will get this addressed.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Only real problem for me that has not been fixed for a while is slightly shorter render/lod distance in one eye. You can very easily see this on supercarrier on cat 2 in a hornet. Some crew members will have different LOD loaded making it really uncomfortable to look at (as both eyes see a different thing). There's couple effects like that, one of the more annoying ones is the contrails.
I did check my wmr settings they are on high quality already, plus these problems persisted before 2.7.

9 hours ago, Krag6 said:

Only real problem for me that has not been fixed for a while is slightly shorter render/lod distance in one eye. You can very easily see this on supercarrier on cat 2 in a hornet. Some crew members will have different LOD loaded making it really uncomfortable to look at (as both eyes see a different thing). There's couple effects like that, one of the more annoying ones is the contrails.
I did check my wmr settings they are on high quality already, plus these problems persisted before 2.7.

There are many threads since 2.5.6 appears, near 1.5 years ago, regarding these issues. In 2.5.5 the rendering in L and R eyes were correct. I don´t understand how ED didn´t fix yet :-(.

Edited by Gryzor