CTDs after updating to 2.7 E_OUTOFMEMORY

kadams587
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

I updated to 2.7 this morning and both times I have played I have gotten a CTD  after an hour or so of playing. (Syria, MP server) dcs.log

The log has a bunch of out of memory errors at the end, I have a 2070 super and DCS always used to use up all of my VRAM in previous versions regardless of what settings I was using but I never had an issue with crashing.

Edited by kadams587

• kadams587 changed the title to CTDs after updating to 2.7 E_OUTOFMEMORY
  • Solution
1 minute ago, cdrkrotchetyusn said:

Please let me know how you are absolutely certain of your assumption...

Because you don't get the dreaded E_OUTOFMEMORY crashlog. Your issue probably comes from the mods you use. Most of them are not 2.7 compatible at this time. Try uninstalling them.

Hi @kadams587. Is your pagefile size static or automatically manaegd by Windows? If it's static, try ticking "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives". If it's already automatically managed, try manually setting it to a minimum/maximum of 32 GB (enter value 32768).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

45 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Because you don't get the dreaded E_OUTOFMEMORY crashlog. Your issue probably comes from the mods you use. Most of them are not 2.7 compatible at this time. Try uninstalling them.

Hi @kadams587. Is your pagefile size static or automatically manaegd by Windows? If it's static, try ticking "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives". If it's already automatically managed, try manually setting it to a minimum/maximum of 32 GB (enter value 32768).

It was manually set, I increased the size to 32768 and then set it to automatically managed. I will give this a shot, thank you