LAU-115 1x AIM-120 replaced with dual rack?

bennyboy9800

In the last patch it seems that the single AMRAAM rail got replaced with a dual rack, but with only a single AMRAAM mounted. This seems like a very arbitrary, and counterproductive thing to change, makes the jet look really weird and seems totally unnecessary. It also breaks some mods that relied on that line of code to replicate single 120 rails. 

My vote is change it back, and fast. 

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

Yes, this is how it is. AMRAAM or AIM-9 has to be mounted on a LAU-127, which itself has to be mounted on the sides of a LAU-115 (not underneath) which is then mounted on the pylon. The only operator which can mount the LAU-127 directly onto the pylon is Switzerland AFAIK. This was later "fixed" in the Rhino.

More info in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/186219-fixed-internally-wrong-launcher-rails-for-aim-9s-and-aim-120s

Edited by Santi871
  • Like 1

• ED Team

yes this is correct as is, 

please note you may need to redo your loadout as the old loadout may produce issues with asymmetric loadouts

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

11 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

please note you may need to redo your loadout as the old loadout may produce issues with asymmetric loadouts

thanks

My issue with the change is that the CLSID inside FA-18C.lua "LAU-115 - AIM-120C" was written over with this new change, instead of the change being added in the database as its own line, for example "LAU-115_LAU-127_AIM-9X". So now any user created aircraft that so happens to rely on the original CLSID for a single 120 is now unable to produce the desired result. 

Edited by bennyboy9800

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

On 4/15/2021 at 3:54 AM, Bunny Clark said:

Huh, so the Hornet IRL can only mount missiles in pairs on the wings? I had no idea. 

the missiles don't have to be in pairs, you can still have 1 LAU-127 and 1 LAU-115 so are able to carry a single missile.
you can't direct mount a LAU-127 however

• ED Team
10 hours ago, bennyboy9800 said:

My issue with the change is that the CLSID inside FA-18C.lua "LAU-115 - AIM-120C" was written over with this new change, instead of the change being added in the database as its own line, for example "LAU-115_LAU-127_AIM-9X". So now any user created aircraft that so happens to rely on the original CLSID for a single 120 is now unable to produce the desired result. 

This is done because the old option is incorrect and should not be used anymore. In order to have backwards compatibility CLSID remains the same, but description was changed. Hope, I understood you correctly.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 7:28 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Alright, now a follow up question on that, can you arm an AIM9X on a side and a 120C on the other ? I mean IRL, "if so" can the team look into the idea of "adding the option" in the weapon list please ? It can take "two week", dont worry lol 😉

Edited by hotrod525

1 hour ago, hotrod525 said:

Alright, now a follow up question on that, can you arm an AIM9X on a side and a 120C on the other ? I mean IRL, "if so" can the team look into the idea of "adding the option" in the weapon list please ? It can take "two week", dont worry lol 😉

I don't think that's possible with the SMS and the way the codes work.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

27 minutes ago, ultrablue2258 said:

Actually it seems that the hornet does carry single AIM-120s see the attached swiss airforce hronet with single AMRAAMs. jIbAVwB.jpeg

Swiss hornets have a different pylon on the outers. Similar to the ones on the outer of Rhino. This pylon allows a direct mount lau-127 where the pylons used on all other hornets does not.

• Like 2

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

2 hours ago, marcoacv said:

So in this case if I choose an F18 from Switzerland do I have the condition to take the single pylon?

No, the aircraft itself it meant to represent a U.S. Hornet.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

20 hours ago, marcoacv said:

So in this case if I choose an F18 from Switzerland do I have the condition to take the single pylon?

The Swiss Hornets are quite different from the USN ones. Specifically in regards to the different Swiss pylon that can carry single AMRAAMs, I believe it also can't carry any A/G ordnance.