Canopy closing action inverted

Arink429

The action for the mapped command to close the canopy is inverted. Both the open and close command open the canopy. Only able to close using the mouse over the hand crank.

I edit: LCtrl+C closes the canopy too, but the as mentioned, the action when a switch is asigned to the joystick is inverted.

Edited by Arink429
  • Like 3

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Thanks, Nineline.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Not confirm.

My keybinds for opening and closing P-51 works fine just as before (LCtrl-C & LShift-C).

I can also open and close canopy using the mouse (mouse wheel).

There is some weirdness in CONTROL OPTIONS screen though. Both "Canopy Closing" and "Canopy Opening" are orange marked and have double entries. Popup says "Different actions have identical descriptions".

Edited by -0303-
  • Like 2

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

is a duplication in the control window (orange),  I have them bound correctly to buttons on my throttle (has worked fine since day one) and only canopy open works as intended.  Using the default keyboard buttons at present until resolved. 

Edited by No.119_Bruv VK-B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, No.119_Bruv VK-B said:

is a duplication in the control window (orange),  I have them bound correctly to buttons on my throttle (has worked fine since day one) and only canopy open works as intended.  Using the default keyboard buttons at present until resolved. 

I have the same problem. Canopy open/close are present twice each in the controls options and colored in orange.

Screenshot didn't capture popup (orange) "Different actions have identical descriptions". Duplicated but empty. Again, I stress, opening and closing Canopy works fine for me.

pDn37it.png

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

It works fine if you press LCtrl+C. But if you asign the close canopy function to a device a (china hat switch forward in my case) it will open the canopy. The function is inverted if you use a switch asignement.

Edited by Arink429
  • Thanks 1

Same problem here, with the orange controls. Not only in the P-51 by the way. I have this in other modules too.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:04 AM, NineLine said:

There is some weird conflict in the controls, I have that reported, once its corrected I will confirm its correct.

Is there a way for users to repair this themselves ?  I have this on more modules. Not only the P-51, but also the Gazelle, and probably others too.

The duplicate canopy entries in version 2.7 prevented the canopy open and close from working properly when using controller buttons.   Here is a fix that worked for me:

There appears to be a change for the 2.7 version of the Mods/aircraft/P-51D/Input/P-51D/keyboard/default.lua on lines #268 and #269 with regards to the canopy "Button_#".   This button# was changed from 4 -> 2.

For version 2.7,  I changed the joystick/default.lua file's canopy lines #263 and #264 from 4 -> 2 to match the keyboard file.  After this change, there were no duplicate canopy entries and the canopy now opens & closes properly using the controller buttons.   - Phil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

My canopy open and close are all yellowed out? What happen they are also doubled key binding in there? No longer working for me they worked yesterday and today now they don't. even when they bined while yellow.

Thanks Phil that fixed it.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Phil's tip above works perfectly. I'm going to use it until official fix comes.

I guess it should apply to TF-51 as well.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 4/28/2021 at 12:21 AM, Phil_A said:

The duplicate canopy entries in version 2.7 prevented the canopy open and close from working properly when using controller buttons.   Here is a fix that worked for me:

There appears to be a change for the 2.7 version of the Mods/aircraft/P-51D/Input/P-51D/keyboard/default.lua on lines #268 and #269 with regards to the canopy "Button_#".   This button# was changed from 4 -> 2.

For version 2.7,  I changed the joystick/default.lua file's canopy lines #263 and #264 from 4 -> 2 to match the keyboard file.  After this change, there were no duplicate canopy entries and the canopy now opens & closes properly using the controller buttons.   - Phil

While I'm too stupid to understand this, I just did what it says... and ik worked !  Thanks Phil !
ED: Fire you rprogrammer and hire Phil, or stop bugging DCS !  I have spoken.

• 3 weeks later...

I have raised this issue again in the general bug forums under 2.7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

16 hours ago, MarcT-NL said:

Yeah. After each update I edit the LUA-file again. Seems simple enough, but apparently it's not so easy to imply in an update...somehow... 

that’s because probably; one of the devs has a locked lua file and it’s not updating probably a contaminated lua keeps getting uploaded into the updates. 

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I flew the P51 again for the first time in 2 months and was bitterly disappointed to see this still hasn't been fixed. Especially as there is a solution just above.  Come on ED - put some resources into doing some WW2 bug fixing for ALL the warbirds.  We don't need more aircraft while the existing stock is so badly supported. Change your priorities please.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, burritto said:

I flew the P51 again for the first time in 2 months and was bitterly disappointed to see this still hasn't been fixed. Especially as there is a solution just above.  Come on ED - put some resources into doing some WW2 bug fixing for ALL the warbirds.  We don't need more aircraft while the existing stock is so badly supported. Change your priorities please.

According to when @NineLine posted above, it was reported way back in April. Given that it was already working and then something broke during a patch, means that the work needed here is not introducing a new feature, but fixing a mistake in a patch. Perhaps these things might get missed during regression testing, but surely once alerted to the problem, ED could take a look and rectify these newly introduced problems.

At present, the WW2 aircraft are slipping back further and further as new patches come out. I agree with you that the situation is particularly dire at the moment, and that priorities need to change. ED were willing to do that after the Viper release and the "DCS A beautiful mess" video response from the community. So we know they can do it! I truly hope that they can spare a fraction of that effort for DCS WW2.

• Like 6